1. #1
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Is this really what we want the tournament to be?

    Iím all for a sleeper team here and there but this is a garbage tournament
    Princeton/Creighton vs San Diego st
    Kstate vs Florida Atlantic
    Miami vs Texas/Xavier
    Uconn vs gonzaga( the only two teams worth watching)

    Iíve never just shut the tournament down after the sweet sixteen but thereís absolute zero appeal to watch or care about 95% of these matchups

  2. #2
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 9,367
    Betpoints: 7680

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I’m all for a sleeper team here and there but this is a garbage tournament
    Princeton/Creighton vs San Diego st
    Kstate vs Florida Atlantic
    Miami vs Texas/Xavier
    Uconn vs gonzaga( the only two teams worth watching)

    I’ve never just shut the tournament down after the sweet sixteen but there’s absolute zero appeal to watch or care about 95% of these matchups

    good one dukeboy, keep crying, Coach K is gone forever and you are done

  3. #3
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    This has been one of thoe most KIND NCAA Hoops post seasons in a long time. I'm talking the Big Dance, CBI, and the NIT.

    I don't care who plays, just give me the line and the market. We'll find a way.

  4. #4
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Absolutely. Love it. Keep em barking.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, JAKEPEAVY21, and JohnGalt2341

  5. #5
    Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-30-22
    Posts: 2,923
    Betpoints: 2716

    It's a beautiful chaos

  6. #6
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    It's a beautiful chaos
    Oh it's beautiful alright.

    But, make no mistake, it is NOT chaos.
    Points Awarded:

    Nate rasta gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  7. #7
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    good one dukeboy, keep crying, Coach K is gone forever and you are done
    What a weird response. I could care less if Duke makes it to the end.
    You want to see Creighton/Fau/ sd state/ kstate in the title game because one of those 4 teams has a 50% chance at being the national champion?

  8. #8
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This has been one of thoe most KIND NCAA Hoops post seasons in a long time. I'm talking the Big Dance, CBI, and the NIT.

    I don't care who plays, just give me the line and the market. We'll find a way.
    Yeah this statement wasnít meant for you because you would watch 10 year olds shoot hoops if you had enough statistics on them and could see value in the market
    Points Awarded:

    KVB gave goduke 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

  9. #9
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Yeah this statement wasn’t meant for you because you would watch 10 year olds shoot hoops if you had enough statistics on them and could see value in the market

  10. #10
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Oh it's beautiful alright.

    But, make no mistake, it is NOT chaos.
    Statistically it is chaos.

  11. #11
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Statistically it is chaos.
    Some of us spitting out Forecasts all over SBR the last week beg to differ.


  12. #12
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Some of us spitting out Forecasts all over SBR the last week beg to differ.

    Thereís no stat that could be used to show Princeton was better than Arizona/Creighton maybe Missouri
    Before last night teams with a kenpom defense 75 or higher had horrific record in the sweet sixteen and beyond. This applied to Miami and zags.
    MWC has been absolutely horrific in ncaa tournament for a long time and that was with San Diego state teams that were much better than this team(kawaii Leonard years)
    I could go on and on

  13. #13
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,113
    Betpoints: 537

    The transfer portal has made thousands of players available to schools. All it takes is one offseason and any coach can practically build the team he's looking for. This is just the beginning.
    Points Awarded:

    ExposingLines247 gave Mr KLC 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  14. #14
    Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-30-22
    Posts: 2,923
    Betpoints: 2716

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The transfer portal has made thousands of players available to schools. All it takes is one offseason and any coach can practically build the team he's looking for. This is just the beginning.
    Agreed. Created more parity

  15. #15
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 27,605
    Betpoints: 226

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The transfer portal has made thousands of players available to schools. All it takes is one offseason and any coach can practically build the team he's looking for. This is just the beginning.
    Ya, welcome to the new generation. If you are a coach you basically know 75% of your bench will be in the portal, especially if you have just recruited those kids. If they aren't getting minutes, whether they deserve them or not, the grass is greener on the other side of the street.

  16. #16
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    There’s no stat that could be used to show Princeton was better than Arizona/Creighton maybe Missouri
    Before last night teams with a kenpom defense 75 or higher had horrific record in the sweet sixteen and beyond. This applied to Miami and zags.
    MWC has been absolutely horrific in ncaa tournament for a long time and that was with San Diego state teams that were much better than this team(kawaii Leonard years)
    I could go on and on
    Not sure if I posted it and I usually don't go backwards with Forecasts, but you bring up a good example.

    I had Arizona -5.5 vs Princeton on March 16th. Princeton winning was not all that crazy. Not at all.

    Worrying about what some guy named Ken Doll or KenPom or KenRAS, or whatever is not the proper way to approach the markets.

    I doubt you find anything predictive form KenPom and I'm sure others that work at this at SBR will agree.

    It doesn't mean it's not useful, but predictive?

    Only way to do that is to get your own house in order.


  17. #17
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The transfer portal has made thousands of players available to schools. All it takes is one offseason and any coach can practically build the team he's looking for. This is just the beginning.
    But will the markets ever catch up? Will the people ever really make decisions based on the underlying realities, or will they continue to to trust their highly manipulatable eyes and guts?

    Will they trust KenPom?

    That is the question.

    I think people will always behave the same as times change but people don't. Mankind will always favor the Favorite and OVER, and because of that, there always be inefficiency.

    Points Awarded:

    lakerboy gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  18. #18
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 20,245
    Betpoints: 1363

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The transfer portal has made thousands of players available to schools. All it takes is one offseason and any coach can practically build the team he's looking for. This is just the beginning.
    This is true.

  19. #19
    turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-13-06
    Posts: 888
    Betpoints: 13175

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This has been one of thoe most KIND NCAA Hoops post seasons in a long time. I'm talking the Big Dance, CBI, and the NIT. I don't care who plays, just give me the line and the market. We'll find a way.
    I stop playing NCAAB when the tournament starts, too much dumb money IMO. Are you saying I should dip my toe back in the water next year?

  20. #20
    d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 39,479
    Betpoints: 19508

    Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    I stop playing NCAAB when the tournament starts, too much dumb money IMO. Are you saying I should dip my toe back in the water next year?
    Too much dumb money!? Never. That's what you want. Just don't be one of em.

  21. #21
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    I stop playing NCAAB when the tournament starts, too much dumb money IMO. Are you saying I should dip my toe back in the water next year?
    Yes. With the expansion of betting in the US, it's a wonderful field from which to graze.

  22. #22
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,892
    Betpoints: 7267

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    But will the markets ever catch up? Will the people ever really make decisions based on the underlying realities, or will they continue to to trust their highly manipulatable eyes and guts?

    Will they trust KenPom?

    That is the question.

    I think people will always behave the same as times change but people don't. Mankind will always favor the Favorite and OVER, and because of that, there always be inefficiency.

    san diego state games had gone under 10 straight times... yet this one opened at 135 and went up to 138, so let's call this 11 straight unders for sd st... and watch the next one get bet up too
    Points Awarded:

    KVB gave milwaukee mike 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  23. #23
    Darkside Magick
    3B Analytics
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-28-10
    Posts: 12,577
    Betpoints: 1203

    Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    But will the markets ever catch up? Will the people ever really make decisions based on the underlying realities, or will they continue to to trust their highly manipulatable eyes and guts?

    Will they trust KenPom?

    That is the question.

    I think people will always behave the same as times change but people don't. Mankind will always favor the Favorite and OVER, and because of that, there always be inefficiency.

    "The problem is choice" - - - - NEO
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

  24. #24
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    My comments is really outside of betting though.
    I mean just strictly on the basis of what we are about to see
    Kstate/Creighton/Florida Atlantic/San Diego state WILL be in the national championship
    The years butler made it those were horrible national championship games. We already the worse college football championship game in history. Is this what we are going to see from here on? With a team that makes it that has absolutely zero chance of winning it all. Those 4 teams are literally placeholders for uconn or Gonzaga now.
    Itís just a shitty time in college basketball

  25. #25
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 9,367
    Betpoints: 7680

    The North Carolinas, Kentuckys, and Kansases of the world will soon realize they need to stop chasing ** Donald's all Americans. The future of college basketball is the transfer portal. Why get a Mcdonalds all American who will be gone after one year when you can get a top transfer from another school that will play 2-3 years?

  26. #26
    INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-30-08
    Posts: 6,676
    Betpoints: 13642

    they said the tourney was wide open and i love it!! Not one #1 seed left!! Las Vegas is making a killing with all these big favorite ML bets going down I ill be in Vegas tomorrow. If you bet every UNDER you would be making some BIG COIN!!

  27. #27
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,892
    Betpoints: 7267

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    My comments is really outside of betting though.
    I mean just strictly on the basis of what we are about to see
    Kstate/Creighton/Florida Atlantic/San Diego state WILL be in the national championship
    The years butler made it those were horrible national championship games. We already the worse college football championship game in history. Is this what we are going to see from here on? With a team that makes it that has absolutely zero chance of winning it all. Those 4 teams are literally placeholders for uconn or Gonzaga now.
    It’s just a shitty time in college basketball
    i don't think those teams are hopeless, and texas/miami are also decent

    i disagree with all these talking heads saying that same thing, that the winner of uconn/gonz is the champ... i would take the field at even money vs those 2, so to say the 4 on the left side of the bracket have "absolutely zero chance" is downright silly

  28. #28
    bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-03-12
    Posts: 9,367
    Betpoints: 7680

    Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    they said the tourney was wide open and i love it!! Not one #1 seed left!! Las Vegas is making a killing with all these big favorite ML bets going down I ill be in Vegas tomorrow. If you bet every UNDER you would be making some BIG COIN!!
    under was 32-16 through the first two rounds

  29. #29
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i don't think those teams are hopeless, and texas/miami are also decent

    i disagree with all these talking heads saying that same thing, that the winner of uconn/gonz is the champ... i would take the field at even money vs those 2, so to say the 4 on the left side of the bracket have "absolutely zero chance" is downright silly
    Itís equivalent to saying tcu had a chance in the college football national championship. Iím comfortable with my statement.
    I will give you Texas though but I kind of wrote them off because of their history of choking when it matters lol.
    Iíll tell you this if Iím wrong and one of those 4 win the national title itíll be the last time I watch college basketball because at that point nothing you watch regular season, conference tournies matter.

  30. #30
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,892
    Betpoints: 7267

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i don't think those teams are hopeless, and texas/miami are also decent

    i disagree with all these talking heads saying that same thing, that the winner of uconn/gonz is the champ... i would take the field at even money vs those 2, so to say the 4 on the left side of the bracket have "absolutely zero chance" is downright silly
    and just to show how those teams aren't "horrible"... if creighton makes the final against gonzaga, it would be a pick em according to sagarin predictor

  31. #31
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 11,218
    Betpoints: 2114

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    and just to show how those teams aren't "horrible"... if creighton makes the final against gonzaga, it would be a pick em according to sagarin predictor
    And it would still be a loss in my opinion lol

  32. #32
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,892
    Betpoints: 7267

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    It’s equivalent to saying tcu had a chance in the college football national championship. I’m comfortable with my statement.
    I will give you Texas though but I kind of wrote them off because of their history of choking when it matters lol.
    I’ll tell you this if I’m wrong and one of those 4 win the national title it’ll be the last time I watch college basketball because at that point nothing you watch regular season, conference tournies matter.
    yeah agree with it being kind of worthless, at least nba can go best of 7 so you usually get the better teams winning

  33. #33
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,892
    Betpoints: 7267

    Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    It’s equivalent to saying tcu had a chance in the college football national championship. I’m comfortable with my statement.
    I will give you Texas though but I kind of wrote them off because of their history of choking when it matters lol.
    I’ll tell you this if I’m wrong and one of those 4 win the national title it’ll be the last time I watch college basketball because at that point nothing you watch regular season, conference tournies matter.
    football is a different animal... college basketball can be decided on a 3-pt shooting contest, or getting breaks on rebounds/officiating... over the course of a college football game, it's tougher to luck your way into a win against someone more physically dominant imho

  34. #34
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,849
    Betpoints: 7576

    The amount of widespread broad talent, and the availability or pool of talent to choose from that basketball brings just dwarfs football.

    There can be legit ballers in all corners of the market and league, and their backup might even be better.

    Ballers in schools and playgrounds all over to choose from. Football doesn't have close to the feeder pool of hoops.

  35. #35
    Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-14-07
    Posts: 30,675
    Betpoints: 180

    Division 1 basketball is the new NFL

    Parity

12 Last
Top