ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    thanks Chuck!...it got a little bit dicey but we got both the cover and outright win.......Norfolk ST is catching 33 points vs. Gonzaga on Saturday!...damn, that's a shitload of points for a scrappy team like Norfolk...Norfolk got very sloppy in the 2nd half and blew a 19 point lead vs. APP ST but they were able to recover and win the game...it's definitely gives us something to ponder about if we decide to take the points or not.
    Congrats. Very nice win + cover. Outright, to boot.

Yes, in the past, Norfolk was good to me. Had them in that game vs Mizzou, where I felt the # was 3pts too hi.

I admit to not watching a second of games this yr. I know Gonzaga is loaded. Figure out your projected margin. If it's off by 3+ pts, go ahead and play Norfolk. Go in feeling like u have an edge.

One other angle I've used in past SPECIFICALLY FOR NCAA-TOURNEY GAMES. When considering a Big Dog (say 20+)...give a LONG LOOK to the massive dog.

Why would I say that? It's a survive-and-advance tournament. Also, it's a very prestigious tournament.

Where am I going w/ this? Few knows it's a 6-game marathon, managing injuries and rest. He wants to look sharp, but u don't get style pts.

In big-spread games, the end-game very much benefits the Big Dog. Assuming that it plays close to the spread, any starter w/ a ding will be pulled. If game is in hand, no need to risk injury to a starter.

Also, Few (and any other Big Fav coach) wants to reward his reserves by at least playing in an NCAA tournament. Those last few minutes can be Gonz scrubs vs Norfolk starters. Norfolk will play to the wire...and Gonz will dribble out the L30 seconds.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    That did not happen
    Yeah you're right. I read the scores backwards. They blew out Drake and lost to them by 1

First 12