MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    i love this. i really need you to write out the law. all i do is spend all day looking at warranty deeds, quitclaim deeds, oil and gas deed, and leasehold assignment. trying to find the loop hole will be fun.

so each state gets to determine their own election laws, so naturally, some state, mostly conservative, would implement this. the liberal states would not. the amount of lobbying money that would go into this would be insane. the angle would be how to get the law written in such a way that would allow people to claim a homestead in a state but work out of state, to get the voting rights of said homestead state.

the effort would be put into low population states so you can get the most vote per dollar spent. so like alaska, or north dakota, or places where the BLM owns most of the land, so you have very little that needs to be purchased to get most of the voting power of a state. like bezos just owns idaho, as his homestead, and he get to elect two senators of his choosing.

really, i love this idea. the results would be fascinating.
    OK

1st of all, your reference to Soros, don't count him in as the uber lefty liberal you think he is.

I'm not a fan personally, but he puts his money in very interesting places, more into conservative and moderate policy machines as it comes to "correcting" an overshoot politically or economically. He's anti communist and anti fascist and I truly believe he seeks economic opportunity out of the civil unrest, he doesn't support it, he seeks to profit from it.

With respect to my one vote per warranty deed idea. It's an ammendment 1st and foremost, so it bypasses state law. Your homestead is declared federally anyway. So there's the basis.

Now, your concept for gaming the system as detailed above, has BLM buying up land in Alaska and North Dakota now to, supposedly, then "gift" to would be voters I assume. Of course, this would be a great wealth transfer to the current white landowners up there, who'd presumably take your money today if you're a willing buyer, and of course the city and County, who will gladly then take your property tax dollars or, if you fail to pay, the property itself.

But yeah...you go ahead and work on gaming the system....more brilliant minds have come before you, between 1776-1789 and 1789- 1920s suffrage movement/1950s end of Jim Crow era. The voting patterns for those 175 years built this country, created the dominant economy, created the strongest consumer, built the middle class and fostered an advanced education system. All that not only survived multiple pandemics and a civil war, but won independence and 2 global conflicts. Why??? Because white male property owning individuals foresaw the recklessness of expanding rights and treasury proceeds to neighbors who didn't, themselves, have any skin in the game. At anytime in those 175 years any number of Confederate sympathizers could have bought up northern lands, any number of women paid men to vote, any number of free blacks purchased homesteads, etc....it can't fix an election.

As with most liberal ideas, yours looks great on paper, but isn't feasible in reality. And if it were, it'd be to your own detriment as you'd only be transfering wealth back to white land owners to equal, not out gain, their vote....year after year.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

haha. thats funny. i get what you think BLM means. that didn't even cross my mind. its the bureau of land management. its just second nature for me to call it the BLM. i deal with it so much. if the BLM owns most of the land in the state there would be less land that needed to be bought to rig an election.

yes, yes, the famous real estate hedge funds and lobbying groups from 1776. who can forget.

and i see you are still too dense to get how you are being conclusiory. i mean i am not close to the smartest person at my firm but i sure didn't flunk out after my first semester 1L exams from a T4 school. excuse me..for "conduct".

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

its so weird to me when i come to these forum and everyone see ideas as being liberal or conservative instead of how can I use this idea or law to give me, the company or client i represent more power, influence, or wealth.

its really a telltale sign of a persons station in life.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Fatty has at least SIX paternity test in Jaco Costa Rica that I know of. Could be more. Hardly a POTM candidate

EDIT. AND the Fukin guy thinks Kirt Cousins is a HOF QB
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 06-15-20 at 04:08 AM.
    Points Awarded:

MinnesotaFats gave USCPHILLYGUY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12