1. #71
    lvsportpro
    lvsportpro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-26-10
    Posts: 102
    Betpoints: 2317

    Yes nyc is supposed to peak soon. Here is a link to the curve in every country. Not sure if this means anything to anyone but Dr. Birx said we are 12 days behind italy -- and you can see where italy is on the curve

    https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/i...?itok=Xj5mKAY4

  2. #72
    floki
    floki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-19
    Posts: 1,072
    Betpoints: 765

    nevermind

  3. #73
    kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-09
    Posts: 518
    Betpoints: 13277

    Bare in mind that those numbers are just the registered numbers and it takes time from having symptoms throw calling your doc throw being tested and to getting results of the test. Plus there is a limit of the daily tests that can be done in some laboratories and countries.

    the schematic chart posted by lvsportpro is imho a little bit subjective. Korea with 10 k cases cant never have reached a peak, as there is a potential of 100 k cases anytime. There can be anytime a second curve, as this counts for China ( a country with 1,4 billion population ). But they have taken measures.

    USA is heading toward 350 k cases till tomorrow morning. Next week target 1,2 m - 2 m wont be reached. But realistic is 750 - 900 k till end of the week. Hope they will find out a medicine till July.

    Sport events in the next 3 months seem unrealistic, except in Belarus, Tajikistan and few more places

  4. #74
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 2,495
    Betpoints: 5828

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    I agree with you that MLS putting out a start date now means zilch but the ďvery early stages of this thingĒ was 3 weeks ago. NYC death rate peak is believed to be 6 days from now.
    NYC's peak is maybe a week away. But you do realize that the apex will last quite a while, right? Just look at Italy. This is why China was removing people from homes. Because shut downs themselves don't stop the spread.

    And NYC is ahead of everyone else on the curve. Florida just ordered shelter in place a couple days ago. Some states aren't even there yet. Georgia's governor is pretending he didn't know much about the virus until now. LOL Buckle up. We may be closer to the beginning of this thing than the middle.

  5. #75
    Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-18
    Posts: 719
    Betpoints: 6651

    Quote Originally Posted by lvsportpro View Post
    Yes nyc is supposed to peak soon. Here is a link to the curve in every country. Not sure if this means anything to anyone but Dr. Birx said we are 12 days behind italy -- and you can see where italy is on the curve

    https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/i...?itok=Xj5mKAY4
    So the lone country past its peak is China, which has been lying all along? People who think NYC is anywhere near peaking are about to learn a difficult lesson. 99% of the city is still uninfected fuel for the fire.

  6. #76
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,925
    Betpoints: 18

    Still nothing

    Right now I would say NBA gets cancelled and NFL starts on time

  7. #77
    TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-06-08
    Posts: 13,500
    Betpoints: 5100

    PGA Championship only moving back to August is a good sign, boys.

  8. #78
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,925
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    PGA Championship only moving back to August is a good sign, boys.
    Indeed

    Tho golf prob the easiest

  9. #79
    TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-06-08
    Posts: 13,500
    Betpoints: 5100

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    NYC's peak is maybe a week away. But you do realize that the apex will last quite a while, right? Just look at Italy. This is why China was removing people from homes. Because shut downs themselves don't stop the spread.

    And NYC is ahead of everyone else on the curve. Florida just ordered shelter in place a couple days ago. Some states aren't even there yet. Georgia's governor is pretending he didn't know much about the virus until now. LOL Buckle up. We may be closer to the beginning of this thing than the middle.






    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-early-arizona

  10. #80
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 20,466
    Betpoints: 12

    The mlb plan seems asinine at best.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  11. #81
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 2,495
    Betpoints: 5828

    I understand why MLB would want to beat the other leagues to starting, in order to get TV exclusivity. So much of MLB's revenue is from gate receipts, which they obviously won't be enjoying for quite a while. And I applaud them for their creativity.

    But I'll believe a sports league can start in May when I see an actual game being played.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 04-07-20 at 07:29 PM.

  12. #82
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 20,466
    Betpoints: 12

    Bob nightingale is on the madden show right now saying this is a pipe dream. So many holes it would take hours to list them
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  13. #83
    TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-06-08
    Posts: 13,500
    Betpoints: 5100

    Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    I understand why MLB would want to beat the other leagues to starting, in order to get TV exclusivity. So much of MLB's revenue is from gate receipts, which they obviously won't be enjoying for quite a while. And I applaud them for their creativity.

    But I'll believe a sports league can in May when I see an actual game being played.
    Yeah May seems very unlikely. Early July, though, seems very likely for those that believe in science and not hysteria.

  14. #84
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar File Clerk
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 377,325
    Betpoints: 949

    everyone just guessing right now
    nobody knows anything

  15. #85
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,925
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    everyone just guessing right now
    nobody knows anything
    Other day I thought NBA might b cancel now I think it will go again

  16. #86
    deswixon
    deswixon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-10
    Posts: 5
    Betpoints: 24

    Bet everything to start AFTER whatever date they have OR just cash your money out
    There is something real wrong with what is going on here and there's an agenda here much worse than any virus. Why do you shut down the whole world when some countries have barely any cases? Not to mention they are destroying the economy with the shutdowns. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any major sports this year and betting on sports is the last thing on my mind right now

  17. #87
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 2,495
    Betpoints: 5828

    Quote Originally Posted by deswixon View Post
    Bet everything to start AFTER whatever date they have OR just cash your money out
    There is something real wrong with what is going on here and there's an agenda here much worse than any virus. Why do you shut down the whole world when some countries have barely any cases? Not to mention they are destroying the economy with the shutdowns. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see any major sports this year and betting on sports is the last thing on my mind right now
    Did you skip math class when they taught exponents?

    Also, in most countries (including the U.S.) people aren't being tested until they have cases severe enough to seek hospitalization. That means there is a delay between a person being infected and a person showing up in a country's tally of infected individuals. In other words, when you think your country has 1,000 cases, you actually have 10,000 cases already. And when those 10,000 cases start showing up at the hospital, you already have 100,000 cases.

    Without any sort of herd immunity nor a vaccine, the only thing that stops this type of growth from killing millions of people is what we're doing now.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 04-08-20 at 01:14 AM.

  18. #88
    johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-21-15
    Posts: 19,925
    Betpoints: 18

    Latest I heard is NBA in Vegas

    NHL in North Dakota

    Still no timeframe tho

  19. #89
    deswixon
    deswixon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-13-10
    Posts: 5
    Betpoints: 24

    Forget about math and mainstream sources and use common sense and critical thinking. If you do you'll see nothing makes sense. The same studies they said would kill 500k in the UK have been revised to 20k. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...to-20k-or-less
    The deaths in Italy were fudged, basically anyone in a hospital with the virus counted as dying from the virus even though only 12% confirmed and over half had 3 other diseases and were dying anyway. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...ts-died-italy/
    People dying of heart attacks yet putting Covid on the death certificate. ( I personally know this to be the case).
    Staying home is killing more people through economic destruction than any virus will
    If you want to believe they really care if we catch a damn cold (which 80% of people who get it only have) then go ahead and give up all your freedom and keep waiting for meaningless sporting events to come back. I on the other hand know something is seriously wrong here and its not a virus

  20. #90
    DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-24-19
    Posts: 2,495
    Betpoints: 5828

    Quote Originally Posted by deswixon View Post
    Forget about math and mainstream sources and use common sense and critical thinking. If you do you'll see nothing makes sense. The same studies they said would kill 500k in the UK have been revised to 20k. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...to-20k-or-less
    The deaths in Italy were fudged, basically anyone in a hospital with the virus counted as dying from the virus even though only 12% confirmed and over half had 3 other diseases and were dying anyway. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...ts-died-italy/
    People dying of heart attacks yet putting Covid on the death certificate. ( I personally know this to be the case).
    Staying home is killing more people through economic destruction than any virus will
    If you want to believe they really care if we catch a damn cold (which 80% of people who get it only have) then go ahead and give up all your freedom and keep waiting for meaningless sporting events to come back. I on the other hand know something is seriously wrong here and its not a virus
    You do realize that the reason the UK numbers were revised is because the government changed it's strategy from "let it rip" to social distancing, right? Models get updated when people come to their senses and decide to listen to the scientists. If the UK had stuck with its initial strategy, then the current estimate would still be in the 500k ballpark. Likewise, the piecemeal social distancing U.S. states have employed, while imperfect, is also showing signs of slowing the spread.

    Yes, our lock down is causing economic harm, but we would have had an even worse shock to our economic system if we let the virus burn through our society, breaking our hospital system, and killing millions of people. We'd end up with the same result - no one wanting to go out and having to take an economic time out to get things under control - except we'd have killed a lot more people in the process.

    As for the miscounting, give me a break. Using that logic, no one has ever died from AIDS because, technically, they die from some other disease. Of course a lot of the deceased have had other complicating factors. But it's also true that they wouldn't have died so soon if they hadn't also contracted COVID-19. If you're really concerned about this, rest assured that there is a fair amount of undercount in COVID-19 deaths because people haven't been tested. That's just how it works. This kind of data collection is messy. But it's not like we're off by a factor of 10 in either direction. This argument is silly.

    Sorry to say that your "common sense" is incorrect here.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 04-08-20 at 07:41 PM.

  21. #91
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 20,466
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Latest I heard is NBA in Vegas

    NHL in North Dakota

    Still no timeframe tho
    To me the nba and nhl things are more feasible than baseball, especially if itís just the playoffs. I still donít think itíll happen though
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  22. #92

  23. #93
    TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-06-08
    Posts: 13,500
    Betpoints: 5100

    USA Today story on proposed leagues for 2020 season

    Games all day in Florida and Arizona.

  24. #94
    kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-09
    Posts: 518
    Betpoints: 13277

    I read yesterday somewhere that there now doubts the Olympics will be held in 2021 or will be postponed further. There is however a long time to go and a lot things to happen.

    The World learns everyday anything new about the covid19 . Very disturbing news coming from Japan i think it was, stating:

    70 % of the people have had the virus without any symptoms and to know about that and recovered but the lungs are damaged like an 80 years old smoker

    1/3 of the people didnt build an antibodies or build so few antibodies so you can get sick again from covid19

    So this plans for MLB could change in 2-3 weeks

  25. #95
    kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-09
    Posts: 518
    Betpoints: 13277

    Trump and government at all proofs how unrealistic many people see the picture of Covid 19

    10 days ago he said USA toll will be held by 60000 deaths ( at that time 36-38 000) thanks to good measures and fast reaction

    I was about to bet that it will be reached until the end of the month, as it was 2k+ per day. And it reached it today.

    Yesterday they updated the expectations to 74 000 till the end. I will bet 74 000 will be reached till next Sunday 05/10.

    China needed more then 2 weeks under full quarantine to halve the numbers. USA and not only but also half Europe want to ease the measures now at the peak.

    I will bet it will reach at least 95 k deaths in USA till end of May.

    Recorded cases topped 1 M, will reach 1,2 M till next Sunday. But that just the recorded ones.

    There records in Italy, for example Dybala from Juventus, who has it for more then 30 days. In USA they count you as free after 7 days or take you back to the front line, see NYPD. Some countries impose 14 days, other like China 28 quarantine.

    All in all such measures wont work imho. The only question is how correct are the numbers. They say at least 21 % of NY has it some days ago. Herd immunity is under question by WHO.

    And there are rumors now in Japan the Olympics might be cancel at all in 2021.

    There are however many answers we dont know , so yes it might be Major Sports Events in July or not

  26. #96
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 62,263
    Betpoints: 5071

    Anyone got bets on these probs active?

  27. #97
    Hman
    Hman's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 11-04-17
    Posts: 21,456
    Betpoints: 1209

    Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Anyone got bets on these probs active?


    Was just wondering the same thing Arch

First 123
Top