Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    to suggest that Reddit has it's own scam artists while SBR doesn't is laughable.

Gambling forum mods got caught being handed a share of book ownerships to promote them and shut down dissent.

A syndicate of users used reddit to try to destroy the reputation of a large industry payment processor for a businessman who wanted the share price to tank so he could take over.

Plus, it's just the sewer of the internet for false rumors and trolls, and naive people who are preyed upon. I bet most regular SBR posters who are actually in to sports betting hardly touch it.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Gambling forum mods got caught being handed a share of book ownerships to promote them and shut down dissent.
    Not too dissimilar from *every* gambling site.

A syndicate of users used reddit to try to destroy the reputation of a large industry payment processor for a businessman who wanted the share price to tank so he could take over.
    Plus, it's just the sewer of the internet for false rumors and trolls, and naive people who are preyed upon. I bet most regular SBR posters who are actually in to sports betting hardly touch it.
    To dismiss what is a *massive* site on the internet because of one rumor is fairly irresponsible, imho. Like any site, there's good and bad but to claim that reddit (either as a whole or just the few gambling subs) is a scam site full of false rumors and trolls is comical.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

You were the one who said they knew what SBR's model was. I was pointing out that what you said does not appear to match what happens here. At all. Not saying I know the full magic formula or would share it if I did. And cant give you 5 years data, but that was a genuine all time record set on 9th Dec.
    So you don't know their model but claim mine is wrong? ok.

And cant give you 5 years data, but that was a genuine all time record set on 9th Dec.
    I believe data, not rumors. I might very well be wrong and if I am I'll tip my cap and fully admit it, but I'll need to see the raw data before conceeding the point.

I'm not try to argue with you Opti, you're a good dude on here and your word carries weight. The skeptic in me wants to see the proof though.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

bro there was a record set

trust me, they dont just make up numbers...no records were set in the last couple of years.... i dont know what the previous record maybe optional posted it

but if you scroll down on the main overall forum page you can see that it was set

Most users ever online was 127,550, 12-08-19 at 02:37 PM. There are currently 7017 users online. 508 members and 6509 guests

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    bro there was a record set

trust me, they dont just make up numbers...no records were set in the last couple of years.... i dont know what the previous record maybe optional posted it

but if you scroll down on the main overall forum page you can see that it was set

Most users ever online was 127,550, 12-08-19 at 02:37 PM. There are currently 7017 users online. 508 members and 6509 guests
    Then I stand corrected on *that* instance. Good Find Rudy!

A tip of the cap to both opti and Rudy

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    mikejamm is correct

i mean the guy isnt even turning pro for $90 worth of points and a year free of points and contests...only 3000 points (his $100 returned immediately) and then a year free of points, store, contests, and poker

you should only keep about 1k points when you turn pro

and like i said, 2 contests....maybe all the top nonpros can win pro memberships in the pick 6

went from the biggest scandal in BTP history of PRO members to allowing nonpros to cash throughout
    Thanks Rudy. Glad somebody around here actually “gets it.” SBR Pros are gett’in fuk’ed over by this bullshit.

No cash prizes for non pros. Free plays and 1 year pro membership is more than fair.

And thanks for always being a true Players Advocate here for years!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

mikejamm

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Thanks for the feedback nickelchipper

Don't mind Mike he just likes to yell at people on the internet

being a "PRO" is worth it from a monetary standpoint plus more contests and full payouts

If you play poker you can bad beat Mike and watch him meltdown about the shitty RNG

ok first off, fuk you. I don’t yell at people on the internet. I’m expressing a view point just like everyone else around here, along with pointing out dumb asses who don’t know action points from a +/- spread. As a noob non pro, nickeldouche’s opinion doesn’t count for shit. Turn pro and maybe we’ll listen to his long winded bs gibberish.

And second, I’m a perfect gentleman at the tables. I will post a thread about the ridiculous shitty bad beats I’ve had to endure, but so has everyone else who’s ever played shitty SBR Poker, and it’s rigged shitty software, that hasn’t been upgraded for years now.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 01-16-20 at 07:28 PM.

mikejamm

Ya, Mikejammer is the angriest internet poster ever according to Guinness World Records.

But there is something cute about it that we can't look away from, so we accept and embrace it as part of SBR culture.

To be cool, you're not supposed to react though Nickelchip ;-)
    Really Opti, I’m not half as bad as some around here. In fact, I think I’ve mellowed some what.

Healing vibes out to you and all your fellow Aussie countrymen dealing with those devastating wildfires, mate.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 01-16-20 at 07:30 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

We love ya Mike

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    4. Make everything -110/110 and use action points to determine finish. Current format became a lottery ticket, pick the few +odds available (from the entire slate) and hope they hit.
    The bolded portion was the main flaw with the WEEKLY prize format. Completely agree.

And people will try for the $600 top Weekly prize on sheer luck, not handicapping with those +plus odds picks..... think of the contrast of using that style of picking games, versus what it takes to place in the money for the Season-Long Prizes.

chidondollars
    chidondollars's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1315

No going back to BTP,my only suggestion is +units guys for the week should win at least 50betpoints for job welldone.Units and action points should still stand for tiebreakers.No going back to BTP.Nothing good comes from travelling down the past.Onward ever

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    The bolded portion was the main flaw with the WEEKLY prize format. Completely agree.
    The biggest flaw was if you go 6-0 you get $600 but if you finish 25th for the whole season you get $100. I would rather lose than finish 25th.
    Points Awarded:

hotcross gave Roger T. Bannon 8 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

The site basically needs to decide if they want a weekly format next year or a season-long format. If you want a weekly format and give out lots of winners take all the money from the season long money and give out more $100 winners. If you want to have a season-long contest, put all the money to the season-long winners. If you want more winners, reduce the payouts and give out more of them. Maybe Top 250. And give free plays to weekly winners if you go away from the BTP format again but want to have weekly winners and give those to the weekly winners instead of those that "Beat the Prick" before.

maxell
    maxell's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18909

Make a provision where you can make a "make up" pick if your pick was cancelled due to a non football incident. Losing a pick that was designated a 2X play and not being able to replace it can be devastating to your week.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    ok first off, fuk you. I don’t yell at people on the internet. I’m expressing a view point just like everyone else around here, along with pointing out dumb asses who don’t know action points from a +/- spread. As a noob non pro, nickeldouche’s opinion doesn’t count for shit. Turn pro and maybe we’ll listen to his long winded bs gibberish.

And second, I’m a perfect gentleman at the tables. I will post a thread about the ridiculous shitty bad beats I’ve had to endure, but so has everyone else who’s ever played shitty SBR Poker, and it’s rigged shitty software, that hasn’t been upgraded for years now.
    You are an obnoxious antifa groupie with tourette syndrome. You run around here acting like non pros are all greedy or broke diks while you supposedly donated you're $100 purely out of generosity lol. You're about as gentlemanly in here or at the tables as Antonio Brown around an ex. Go play with your guitar designed by Greta Thunberg when she was even more depressed than usual.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 01-19-20 at 11:06 AM.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Guess Jammers is off of willys IGNORE list

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

To echo what a lot of people said: there needs to be some kind of reward other than having a perfect week and picking one of the + odds in doing so.

I get the non-pro chat, and it's annoying that non-pros could win some money, but this contest is around to lure new people to the site. I'd never heard of SBR until years ago when I was on Deadspin (r.i.p.) and they had a post about this contest.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Our feedback helped have a better contest this year. Thanks for listening to us Sbrforum contests innovators. Thanks a million. I went through each post in this thread. We can be a tough bunch to deal with when we are given a chance to give honest input.

First 1234