Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Who will be SPOT BETTING this Football Season ?

Betting only One CFB and One NFL game per week if that...

Discuss the merits or faults in doing so...

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

No. High volume.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Here we go again
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Here we go again

Glad to see you back to your normal state of mind... Many were worried about you

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

I’ll be “Pounding The Winners”.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    I’ll be “Pounding The Winners”.
    Sharp. Never pass up on a winner only because you like another game more.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post

No. High volume.

Sammy shoots for low/medium volume... No more than 3 games going at one time

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

im coming in hard and fast

not sure about sports betting though

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Sharp. Never pass up on a winner only because you like another game more.

Some days might be 6 games. Some days 0.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Not really looking forward to college football this year. It’s all hype and then the games are typically blowouts.

Having said that, I’m sure once Labor Day rolls around I’ll watch. But just realizing more and more each year what a bad product it is.

Sam Odom

wizzler

you'll get excited if not manic for football when the weather cools and leaves change color

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3165

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Not really looking forward to college football this year. It’s all hype and then the games are typically blowouts.

Having said that, I’m sure once Labor Day rolls around I’ll watch. But just realizing more and more each year what a bad product it is.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I can somewhat agree with this. College Football and MLB1st 5's are my bread and butter though.

I feel the NFL is a horrendous product (not specifically in terms of betting but it is for betting also). I unfortunately think that NCAAF is going the way of the NFL. No more hitting, a sh*t ton of ticky tack fouls, constant flags, players who fail to make a play and beg for a flag to bail them out, etc. It's just bad. That being said I still love NCAAF, and likely always will. That first cool fall Saturday with the grill going, a cooler full of beer, 4-5 games on at once, that nostalgia will likely never fade for me.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    I can somewhat agree with this. College Football and MLB1st 5's are my bread and butter though.

I feel the NFL is a horrendous product (not specifically in terms of betting but it is for betting also). I unfortunately think that NCAAF is going the way of the NFL. No more hitting, a sh*t ton of ticky tack fouls, constant flags, players who fail to make a play and beg for a flag to bail them out, etc. It's just bad. That being said I still love NCAAF, and likely always will. That first cool fall Saturday with the grill going, a cooler full of beer, 4-5 games on at once, that nostalgia will likely never fade for me.
    Have to disagree. NFL/College Football great product. AS for player safety think that's Paramount to save the game. A couple less hits per game who cares. GL this season.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Have to disagree. NFL/College Football great product. AS for player safety think that's Paramount to save the game. A couple less hits per game who cares. GL this season.
    GL to you too!

As a curiosity, what do you think makes the NFL so great?

Sam Odom

hubie

do you bet football quarters and halves ?

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    hubie

do you bet football quarters and halves ?
    All of the above. Spot plays in 1st halves and quarters. Most of my wagering is Full Game preflop on smaller conferences like MAC, SunBelt, Cusa, and Mountain West. I dabble in the Big 10 also, being in Iowa I get a lot more local coverage of the Big 10 and the MAC.

I do a lot of small wagers early in the week when the lines first come out, Sunday night and Monday Morning. As the markets adjust I buy or sell more positions during the week. I typically do very well the first 6-8 weeks of the season, as the markets adjust my ROI starts to decline and I pull out until Bowl Season. MLB is the same way, I typically slow way down on 1st 5's after the allstar break.

Sam Odom

boys

pay attention to hubie

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I honestly do not see how you can compare football, as a bad product, to the NBA, which is by far, the worst product out there. Hubie sounds more like a stock broker than a gambler. If it works, more power to you, but I cannot see wagering such small amounts as would be needed for you to make all of these wagers. As far as the number of games to wager per week, that can range anywhere from 0 to whatever, depending on the games and the lines.

Easy-Rider 66

GL to you too!

As a curiosity, what do you think makes the NFL so great?
    The parity. Every game is like a playoff game. Once week product. NFL redzone. Fantasy Football. Solid betting product.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I honestly do not see how you can compare football, as a bad product, to the NBA, which is by far, the worst product out there. Hubie sounds more like a stock broker than a gambler. If it works, more power to you, but I cannot see wagering such small amounts as would be needed for you to make all of these wagers. As far as the number of games to wager per week, that can range anywhere from 0 to whatever, depending on the games and the lines.
    I don't tinker much with the NBA but I can see how one would think that for sure.

Betting a season, to me, is very much so like trading commodities or equities or anything else. Every Team is a commodity, every conference/sport is a market. Prices matter, price fluctuations matter, and market volume matters a great deal. Not everyone thinks like this, but it works for me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

betting tons of games small

t-wizzle

wizzler

you'll get excited if not manic for football when the weather cools and leaves change color
    Yes, because i usually buy into the hype. It’s more often than not a mistake.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Blowouts galore. Same teams every year with a chance at the title but more importantly, the “big games” are rarely competitive.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

Fading seaweeds spots.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post

Fading seaweeds spots.

Easy-Rider 66

Blowouts galore. Same teams every year with a chance at the title but more importantly, the “big games” are rarely competitive.
    Yeah tired of seeing Bama in it every year as well. Now looks like Clemson is the new Bama. But overall like the product.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

I get this post 100%. The product on the field is utter trash, the game has become pussified and everything is a penalty.

BUT - tailgate parties and the cool fall air on Saturdays, hanging out, eating and drinking and just being part of the event is enjoyable.
    I definitely agree the most fun is before the game starts with the anticipation and the atmosphere etc etc etc.

I used to LOVE going to see the Toronto Maple Leafs play at Maple Leaf Gardens for the same reasons, the atmosphere, crowds, history, the smells of popcorn, beer, hot chocolate, scalpers selling tickets, hawkers selling game programs, nostalgia etc, the Leafs sucked but it didn't matter because being at Maple Leaf Gardens was just soo much fun.

I haven't been to a Toronto Maple Leafs game since the Gardens closed down. Its just not the same.

I hear ya pal, loud and clear.
    Last edited by icon; 07-23-19 at 11:33 AM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

wait to see who loses week 1 and will most likely have a winning season and has the coaches, players to easily bounce back in an early must win

i did that last season week 2 took steelers on road vs the bucs after the week 1 "fitzmagic" nonsense

they were anywhere from very slight favorites to a very small dog (+105) ... steelers got on a roll in the game after a pass from ben to a TE who ended up stiff arming some poor soul to the turf and ultimately to the IR

was a nice start to the season

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Sam. I might spot bet a few familiar teams

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 206

Will be tailing Otto man's bets%
    /parlays

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Always remember that squares bet on preseason to lose money. I bet on the super bowl winner on week 1 then wait till week 4 before betting more to get a better read on teams.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I’ll be all in at Noon on Saturday, then hopefully 3:30, then hopefully 7-8, then hopefully for the Hawaii game. Make it to Sunday and all in at 1, then 4, then the night game. Let’s get it.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Betting only One CFB and One NFL game per week if that...

Discuss the merits or faults in doing so...
    Sammy, u caught my eye on this one. I HATE the term "spot-betting."

As if u could just peruse the card...and identify a solid gold pick every week. How exactly would one go about doing this?

Success is about making sacrifice. You have to rise b4 the rooster crows to beat the house. Edges are there to be had, but u have to be ahead of the game to cash in.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Books do not like spot bettors because they know the edge is not as great great vs volume players getting crushed on juice
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

12 Last