DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Brad Stevens. Nobody ever has coached up mediocre talent better.

BUT, winning and beating great teams mean you actually have to get the most out of stars and superstars.
    This season, with his best roster ever, and expectations of 60+ wins, he shit the bed.

I still think he is a good coach. He is young, stable and calm.
    Great X and Os guy.
    I don`t even think there is a better coach available.

Tonight, he brought the "C" team into Bullet country as 5 point dogs and spanked the home town team by 12 in the fourth for a nice W. They dressed like 9 guys, ZERO starters.

I guess we will find out if they are as good as they think they are???

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Great coach and person. Highly respected.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

you big br guys need to slam the Celtics in game 1 vs Pacers and their 18-22 road record... falling short at the end of the season in clutch games when they had a shot to get HFA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston not winning anything

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7713

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Boston not winning anything
    Only one team wins something

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

He’s great at coaching players that listen. Unfortunately in the nba though the star players don’t listen. Kyrie is a big reason Brad has regressed as a coach.
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave goduke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

I don't disagree but the Wizards have basically been playing their C lineup for quite some time now. Beal's been playing but on a minutes limit. Did you see their closing lineup against the Knicks? This is a proper tank.

Ian Mahinmi, Devin Robinson, Chasson Randle, Sam Dekker, Troy Brown

Played the entire 4th quarter. Same tonight except Jeff Green in for the injured Brown.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16172

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    I don't disagree but the Wizards have basically been playing their C lineup for quite some time now. Beal's been playing but on a minutes limit. Did you see their closing lineup against the Knicks? This is a proper tank.

Ian Mahinmi, Devin Robinson, Chasson Randle, Sam Dekker, Troy Brown

Played the entire 4th quarter. Same tonight except Jeff Green in for the injured Brown.
    Exactly. Celtics were supposed to win, they had the better team. Wannamaker is better than Randle, Hunter is better than Robinson. That Wizards lineup might have been the worst I have ever since in an NBA game.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Exactly. Celtics were supposed to win, they had the better team. Wannamaker is better than Randle, Hunter is better than Robinson. That Wizards lineup might have been the worst I have ever since in an NBA game.
    I was going to say the Bulls' recent lineup was worse but they beat these Wizards!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    He’s great at coaching players that listen. Unfortunately in the nba though the star players don’t listen. Kyrie is a big reason Brad has regressed as a coach.

end of thread

Kyrie destroyed Boston

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19285

Who cares? NBA season is too long. You get all these worthless games and 8 too many teams in the playoffs. The minute the sweet 16 got done the playoffs could have started that Monday. Work around the final 4 and no worthless games from Thursday to Sunday during the Sweet 16. Last game of the season could be Tuesday before.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Milwaukee will probably sweep them in the 2nd round and the Bucks only have 1 max contract player and no lottery picks. Boston has 3 max contract players and 2 lottery picks

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

"Experts" look at the players on a team, assess their talent and say they should win 60+ games. The players fall short of the number and instead of "experts" saying 'I was wrong,' they/we blame the coach.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

I totally agree. Brad a great motivator and excellent coach for the talent he has. Really difficult in today's NBA to get a bunch of millionaire players to go out there and give their best night after night, this guy finds a way to do it.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    I totally agree. Brad a great motivator and excellent coach for the talent he has. Really difficult in today's NBA to get a bunch of millionaire players to go out there and give their best night after night, this guy finds a way to do it.
    Lol, everybody shits on these athletes for not giving a damn, meanwhile knowing that if they made a quarter of what these guys are getting they would never work another day in their lives.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    BUT, winning and beating great teams mean you actually have to get the most out of stars and superstars.
    This season, with his best roster ever, and expectations of 60+ wins, he shit the bed.

I still think he is a good coach. He is young, stable and calm.
    Great X and Os guy.
    I don`t even think there is a better coach available.

Tonight, he brought the "C" team into Bullet country as 5 point dogs and spanked the home town team by 12 in the fourth for a nice W. They dressed like 9 guys, ZERO starters.

I guess we will find out if they are as good as they think they are???
    extremely unimpressive at managing the talent on this team this season. problems still don't seem solved. phil jackson is a true example of a great coach that coaches great talent well. bulls better after he got there. saved the lakers twice. maybe phil makes one last run with lakers? if he wanted to coach again he could fix the lakers almost immediately. celtics somehow won with i.t. as best player but can't win with kyrie. clippers, spurs, and indiana are one game behind celts on teams without a heavy talented core at all.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Kyrie Irving (23.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 6.9 apg) this season became the first Celtics player to average at least 23 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists over an entire season since Larry Bird in 1989-90

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I really like Stevens but he hasn’t won shit at any level. Being runner up in March Madness 2x is still not winning.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Kyrie Irving (23.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 6.9 apg) this season became the first Celtics player to average at least 23 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists over an entire season since Larry Bird in 1989-90
    OK, Kyrie has had a fine statistical year. No doubt. So has Westbrook the last 3 years.
    As the highest paid veteran self described superstar on their team, I for one would like them both to take a little more interest in helping the younger players be better.

jjgold

most starters have good stats now

scores super high

no defense

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    I really like Stevens but he hasn’t won shit at any level. Being runner up in March Madness 2x is still not winning.
    At Butler it is.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Lol, everybody shits on these athletes for not giving a damn, meanwhile knowing that if they made a quarter of what these guys are getting they would never work another day in their lives.
    Playing hoops not exactly “work”.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Plenty of coaches have gotten more of out lesser players.

Stevens isn’t grtting anywhere near the most out of that team, and thats on him.

Pops is getting a ton more out of the Spurs this year with way less talent, C’s are loaded with talent. The Clippers are a terrible squad on paper but Tivers has them in the playoffs, impressive feat.

Stevens gets a B-, maybe c+

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Per sources, Marcus Smart was to undergo an MRI yesterday but the pain was too severe. He had one this afternoon instead that revealed a significant oblique injury. Return timeline is unclear, but he is expected to miss at least the first round of the playoffs.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    you big br guys need to slam the Celtics in game 1 vs Pacers and their 18-22 road record... falling short at the end of the season in clutch games when they had a shot to get HFA
    Boston scores only 84 but indeed they won and covered a spread of 8... amazing 2h opportunity to slam Boston even more down just 7 at half

and of course.... OKC loses game 1 even though they ended up only losing by 5. OKC still a perfect team to fade in 1st half

jjgold

good win

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Plenty of coaches have gotten more of out lesser players.

Stevens isn’t grtting anywhere near the most out of that team, and thats on him.

Pops is getting a ton more out of the Spurs this year with way less talent, C’s are loaded with talent. The Clippers are a terrible squad on paper but Tivers has them in the playoffs, impressive feat.

Stevens gets a B-, maybe c+
    Okay. What % of that responsibility lands on the heads of the people actually playing?