dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Conor McGregor should be an underdog, but...

I think there is an important intangible a lot of people are ignoring.

Conor cannot win a decision, and he has no intention of doing so. He's different than these other boxers Mayweather has fought because he doesn't care about getting hit. If you've watched CM fights he is not afraid of getting hit and eats punches from baby MMA gloves like soda bread.

These other boxers are interested in punching and moving or defending. CM will take 4 punches to get in one and not be phased by them. He has the age, height, weight, and reach advantage. Proper odds are more like +400 to +500

Edit:I see that odds have dropped to +600 at 5dimes

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Connor won't make 5 rounds before getting KO'd.. Nate Diaz out boxed Connor in their first fight.. Connor gassed out also in just few rounds..

This a 12 round fight with arguably the best boxer in the sport.. McGregor is gonna get peppered and then dropped.. He won't land any punches on Mayweather either.. This is a joke...

UFC fighters are laughing at this fight.. Jealous though of the payday McGregor is getting also...

Producktionz
    Producktionz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I think there is an important intangible a lot of people are ignoring.

Conor cannot win a decision, and he has no intention of doing so. He's different than these other boxers Mayweather has fought because he doesn't care about getting hit. If you've watched CM fights he is not afraid of getting hit and eats punches from baby MMA gloves like soda bread.

These other boxers are interested in punching and moving or defending. CM will take 4 punches to get in one and not be phased by them. He has the age, height, weight, and reach advantage. Proper odds are more like +400 to +500

Edit:I see that odds have dropped to +600 at 5dimes
    Dude, you hit it on he head. I was thinking the same. Conor is used to getting hit in the face with 4oz gloves. He will eat these 10oz punches to get in and land. He is looking for the KO all night. He isnt going to respect Mayweathers power. This fight is very interesting.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

4 years ago, Conor McGregor picked up a welfare check of $235.
    He'll likely walk away with $100,000,000+ from Mayweather fight.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave 19th Hole 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You will see this alot until Connor falls....

soccergoat
    soccergoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

fff
    Last edited by soccergoat; 06-15-17 at 06:22 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by soccergoat View Post
    floyd mayweather the knockout artist said no one
    Connor Mcgregor is a world class boxer said no one either..

I honestly think Mayweather could beat Mcgregor with just one hand all fight.. That's what a miss match this will be.. MMA fighters can't hang with the best boxers in the world.. Mayweather has been at the top of this boxing sport for his entire life, never lost a fight, all he does is box and train boxing.. Mcgregor is a flashy MMA striker knocking out wrestlers with small gloves on mostly in just the last 4 years....

You people backing Mcgregor will lose money...

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

This will go the distance, with Floyd winning on points. Floyd doesn't have enough power to knock out Conor, and while Conor could easily knock Floyd out, he won't be able to touch him given Floyd's expert defensive boxing.

I will watch for the spectacle, but I expect a boring Floyd fight like all his fights are.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    This will go the distance, with Floyd winning on points. Floyd doesn't have enough power to knock out Conor, and while Conor could easily knock Floyd out, he won't be able to touch him given Floyd's expert defensive boxing.

I will watch for the spectacle, but I expect a boring Floyd fight like all his fights are.
    The sheer volume of strikes being landed will eventually get Connor to drop in the end I think.. I give Connor 5 or 6 rounds if he's lucky before he begins to gas and look for a way out.. He will also experience complete frustration not being able to land punches on Mayweather..

This fight is a joke.. Mayweather I believe can if he chooses will punish Connor to the body round after round.. He will toy with him..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-14-17 at 11:45 PM.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Connor won't make 5 rounds before getting KO'd.. Nate Diaz out boxed Connor in their first fight.. Connor gassed out also in just few rounds..

This a 12 round fight with arguably the best boxer in the sport.. McGregor is gonna get peppered and then dropped.. He won't land any punches on Mayweather either.. This is a joke...

UFC fighters are laughing at this fight.. Jealous though of the payday McGregor is getting also...

Once again, there is no doubt CM is an underdog

He went toe to toe with a 180-185 pound man punching him constantly with MMA gloves and won most of the fight until he was gassed because of poor pacing.

Mayweather's last KO was a cheap shot 8 fights ago against Ortiz in 2011. The last time he beat the crap out of anyone was Ricky Hatton almost 10 years ago, who weighed what, 147? McGregor weighs around 165 on fight night.

It's either a decision for Mayweather (most likely outcome) or CM by KO.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Once again, there is no doubt CM is an underdog

He went toe to toe with a 180-185 pound man punching him constantly with MMA gloves and won most of the fight until he was gassed because of poor pacing.

Mayweather's last KO was a cheap shot 8 fights ago against Ortiz in 2011. The last time he beat the crap out of anyone was Ricky Hatton almost 10 years ago, who weighed what, 147? McGregor weighs around 165 on fight night.

It's either a decision for Mayweather (most likely outcome) or CM by KO.

It's kinda like being a baseball player and playing with a baseball and or a softball IMO.. Connor has been hitting under hand softballs while Mayweather has been hitting 100 mile an hour fast baseballs...

There will be such a skill level gap between the 2.. I know Mayweather isn't a big puncher but it won't matter. Like I said the sheer volume of punches being landed will eventually drop McGregor..

Connor might be good for a round or two but once he starts to gas and slow Mayweather will begin to pick him apart.. It will be man against boy.. Trust me on this I know..

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant wait to see all the uneducated fans put their 2 cents into this matchup gonna be a great 2 months
    some facts
    1) connor mcgregor will lose to mayweather in a straight boxing match
    2) connor mcgregor would starch mayweather in 1 round in mma
    3) floyd mayweather isnt the best boxer of all time or even close he ducks multiple opponents
    4) floyd mayweather has 0 ko power
    5) mcgregor will most likely gas in 12 , 3 minute rounds
    6) mcgregor has way more power then mayweather but boxing gloves are double the size of mma gloves
    7) mcgregor is doing this for a money grab , he already knows in true fighting hes way more superior then FM
    8) mcgregor is one of the best boxers in mma anybody who doesnt agree doesnt watch mma
    9) mcgregor knocked down diaz multiple times , hes a different boxer then diaz but is just as skilled easily imo ... diaz is 190 lbs where mcgregor is 160 natural...mayweather is 150 naturally ... huge difference

what people will say
    1) mayweather would kill mcgregor in a real fight
    2) diaz is way better then mcgregor at boxing
    3) mayweather can ko anybody
    4) mayweather is the best boxer ever
    5) mcgregors boxing sucks when he losses

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 198

Connor is dead in a boxing ring
    Mayweather is dead in a MMA ring

Next

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The sheer volume of strikes being landed will eventually get Connor to drop in the end I think.. I give Connor 5 or 6 rounds if he's lucky before he begins to gas and look for a way out.. He will also experience complete frustration not being able to land punches on Mayweather..

This fight is a joke.. Mayweather I believe can if he chooses will punish Connor to the body round after round.. He will toy with him..

He'll probably toy with him and win every round boxing. It'll be a blow out in the scorecards, but I doubt either guy hurts the other. Taking point shots over 12 rounds isn't that difficult. And we know Conor has a good chin and I don't think Conor will give up. He could get peppered all night and nothing will knock him down or make him quit. He will lose alot of prestige if he quits.

soccergoat
    soccergoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

vvv
    Last edited by soccergoat; 06-15-17 at 06:22 AM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Joke fight.

Conor will lose and retire and will have never of defended any of his UFC titles.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kermy^^ He can retire after this fight and never have to worry about money again. He really doesn't have to fight again for the rest of his life which would probably be a smart move unless he has a true love and passion for it..

McGregor in my opinion has always been about the money though...

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

mcgregor definitely has a passion for the sport of MMA hes shown true warrior spirit imo nobody can take that away from him
    but hes a father now and building a family i could see him retiring after this bout with all the $ in the world and power to him
    but i could also see him coming back for a fight or 2... guys never ducked a fight in his entire life , regardless of what people say
    first people said he ducked wrestlers... guy fought mendes the best wrestler at 45 on a weeks notice and won , he lost to diaz and everybody said diaz was better, turned right around and beat him by 5 round decision and dropped him 3 times/ survived a diaz onslaught, beat jose aldo the greatest 45er in history with one punch, went to new york and absolutely starched a long time elite 55er in eddie alvarez... guy had a HOF career regardless if he fights again, respect to him and i hope to see him in the octagon again

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

Both will make a huge payday.
    Both are excellent self-promoters.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Epic fixed match on the horizon.

Floyd will take the fall.

Vegas says so.

Sato
    Sato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Fix? Yeah Floyds gonna risk going 50-0 for a white MMA fighter. Lay off the pipe, man.

Plaza23 whos that in your avatar? Easy 10/10 instagram chick.

Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

just a money grab, floyd is easily a -2500 to -3000 fav. connor does not stand a chance boxing against floyd, and floyd wouldnt stand a chance in the octagon. floyd destroys connor in the business aspect of this fight and money is the ONLY reason he is doing this fight.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

I smell a rat. There's WAY more at stake here than the reputations of each of these fighters. If this a competitive match in ANY way, then there will be talk of a rematch, then other UFC guys will jump on the opportunity to make the jump to boxing. There would be a whole series of PPV events pitting the best of UFC against boxing champions, and with tons of $ being thrown at these guys, you tell me who's going to turn any of it down. Boxing isn't what it used to be in terms of popularity, UFC has more action and is getting the PPV $. This is a major opportunity for BOTH sports to capitalize on the hype. Dana White knows this. Boxing knows this.

Remember this is entertainment. You guys cry about the NBA being fixed, wait till you see this go down.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Really a no-lose situation for Conor. When he loses he'll just say "I lost to the best boxer on the planet, but boxing isn't my sport. I still have unfinished business with Nate Diaz. Nate, I am coming to fook you up."

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

There's a possibility this fight could be exciting.

From floyd's perspective, McGregor is the worst boxer hes ever going to face.

With that in mind, floyd may come out swinging and on the offensive for once instead of turtled up as usual

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    I smell a rat. There's WAY more at stake here than the reputations of each of these fighters. If this a competitive match in ANY way, then there will be talk of a rematch, then other UFC guys will jump on the opportunity to make the jump to boxing. There would be a whole series of PPV events pitting the best of UFC against boxing champions, and with tons of $ being thrown at these guys, you tell me who's going to turn any of it down. Boxing isn't what it used to be in terms of popularity, UFC has more action and is getting the PPV $. This is a major opportunity for BOTH sports to capitalize on the hype. Dana White knows this. Boxing knows this.

Remember this is entertainment. You guys cry about the NBA being fixed, wait till you see this go down.
    How will it go down?

bait02
    bait02's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to say you are correct

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

floyd already counting on a rematch if conor somehow wins

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    There's a possibility this fight could be exciting.

From floyd's perspective, McGregor is the worst boxer hes ever going to face.

With that in mind, floyd may come out swinging and on the offensive for once instead of turtled up as usual

the only way floyd comes out of this with respect is if he finishes conor. I was thinking the same thing too. Absolutely no reason he shouldn't be able to over 12 rounds unless conor accepts his fate early and doesn't care about a decision loss; which is very likely. Easy pill to swallow when he can just tell himself he isn't a boxer and think about all that money he has waiting even if he loses.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-15-17 at 07:40 AM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Floyd is one of the worst competitors of all time given his talent and the field around him during his pinnacle

He used to duck the next 3 to 5 best fighters constantly when he was best pound for pound champ and would only accept fights with contenders #7-12ish

On top of it his camp would play games with the opponent. He would cancel the fight only to say the fight is on a few months later in an effort to screw up the opponents training regiment of making or losing weight

People hate lebron for being a baby and never wanting to compete but floyd is lebron to the max

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    How will it go down?
    I think McGregor either loses by decision or at least knocks down Mayweather to make this look close is some way. The most outrageous thing would be having the fight stopped by a cut or a low blow. There's just way too much $ at stake for this to be a slaughter or at worst, a snooze fest where Mayweather dances around him for 12 rounds. There WILL be controversy!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sato View Post
    Fix? Yeah Floyds gonna risk going 50-0 for a white MMA fighter. Lay off the pipe, man.

Plaza23 whos that in your avatar? Easy 10/10 instagram chick.
    Exactly, and to get beaten by an MMA fighter would be embarrassing to him and the sport besides that.. No fix..

jjsilver_123
    James Michael Corbin
    jjsilver_123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Like I said in another thread, McGregor loses an embarrassing fight to Mayweather, he will retire with all the money he made. I don't give McGregor a chance in hell of winning a boxing bout with Mayweather and i'm a McGregor fan.

People can bring up Buster Douglas upsetting Tyson, but the only difference is that Douglas was a pro boxer. McGregor isn't, he's an amateur boxer. If he really was any good at boxing, he would've pursued a career in boxing because the sport pays better and McGregor is the type to go after money fights.

Also, I do not think Mayweather would accept a fight that he did not think was a guaranteed win. He's all about his record, he will go 50-0. No, he will not lose to an MMA fighter. If Floyd has to, he'd make an underground deal with McGregor making sure he wins a 'close fight' so it looks convincing. He seems shady.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjsilver_123 View Post
    Like I said in another thread, McGregor loses an embarrassing fight to Mayweather, he will retire with all the money he made. I don't give McGregor a chance in hell of winning a boxing bout with Mayweather and i'm a McGregor fan.

People can bring up Buster Douglas upsetting Tyson, but the only difference is that Douglas was a pro boxer. McGregor isn't, he's an amateur boxer. If he really was any good at boxing, he would've pursued a career in boxing because the sport pays better and McGregor is the type to go after money fights.

Also, I do not think Mayweather would accept a fight that he did not think was a guaranteed win. He's all about his record, he will go 50-0. No, he will not lose to an MMA fighter. If Floyd has to, he'd make an underground deal with McGregor making sure he wins a 'close fight' so it looks convincing. He seems shady.
    Yep you got a good an amateur boxer at best in McGregor going up against one of the greatest boxers of all time.. Mayweather is 40 years old but stayed active and can still move well so that won't even matter in this fight..

Clinic.. It will be like a good college football team playing against the New England Patriots in the super bowl.. Final score would be 85-0....

brooks85

there is no mma fight that can match what he is going to get from this boxing fight so that is going to be the toughest hill to get over. Surely he will want to fight mma again but taking that smaller check after a big one is tough in any business.

First 1234 Last