stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Also Nash Buster didn't avoid getting involved because "he's a pussy". He didn't get involved because Strickland is a moron and this is beteeen Strickland and Harper not SF and Was.

Crap was 3 years ago. And Buster knew right away that he's likely gonna have to eat one now as this was only game 1 of the series.

He's gonna get involved and possibly booted and/or suspended to avoid "being a pussy"? Not in this case.

Hard to believe Strickland might not even be dumbest guy on the team with Belt and Span around.

Posey can't stand Belt I doubt he's Stricklands biggest fan.
    I know, just his whining after the collision years ago still bothers me.
    It was a clean hit.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Whast happened???

Was blood drawn??

My internet was buffering

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Baseball fights are the worst

but at least punches were actually thrown
    No, Nascar fights are worse! These clowns wait for the cameras to follow them to the other guy's pit, then the crew's rush in to break things up before anything major happens. If anything you might see a slap or two - Comical!

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

I just watched the replay 3 times.

Strickland hit Harper with a flat hand. Harper got the best of Strickland with the second thrown punch that grazed Strick's nose.

Harper haters, put your bias away and understand two things:

1) Strickland is a poossee who is just pissed that he is Harper's bitch.

2) Harper did not ask to be anointed as the next big thing. He was anointed by the media.

They will meet again, and Harper will whoop Strick's weak asssss

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Couldn't care less, but Harper won that one.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    These are
    Not hockey fights

75% sbr guys tougher than Harper

ROTFLMFAO Coach!!

Bryce Harper one one one in a street fight would kick the shit out of 95% of you. GUARANTEED.

And I would kick the shit out of 99.9% of you because I am a 4th degree black belt in Kenpo and Aikido

The ONLY way i lose to any of you is if i slip and crack my neck

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Also Nash Buster didn't avoid getting involved because "he's a pussy". He didn't get involved because Strickland is a moron and this is beteeen Strickland and Harper not SF and Was.

Crap was 3 years ago. And Buster knew right away that he's likely gonna have to eat one now as this was only game 1 of the series.

He's gonna get involved and possibly booted and/or suspended to avoid "being a pussy"? Not in this case.

Hard to believe Strickland might not even be dumbest guy on the team with Belt and Span around.

Posey can't stand Belt I doubt he's Stricklands biggest fan.
    This is the exact reasoning I'm hoping Buster did what he did. Basically telling his team this is personal beef between is Strickland and Harper and not SF and Wash. All these ESPN dopes expressing disappointment in Busters actions, or lack thereof. He did the right thing.

homie1975

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baseball players pussies men

Lol the fight was funny

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Harper haters, put your bias away and understand two things:

1) Strickland is a poossee who is just pissed that he is Harper's bitch.

2) Harper did not ask to be anointed as the next big thing. He was anointed by the media.

They will meet again, and Harper will whoop Strick's weak asssss
    I'm a Harper hater, now having said that.....

1) He did what probably 90 percent of competitors would have done (including me, and I get it, I was a catcher in school) and that was charge the mound, doesn't make it the smart thing to do, but in the heat of the moment you don't ponder the facts of life, you drop the bat, or in the case point the bat and charge.
    I can and will give him a pass on charging the mound.

2) Yes media annointed him the next big thing, but a lot of times he handled himself like an immature jerk.
    He has maybe 1/10 th the class Mike Trout has.

Now having said that Harper has grown up some, acutally a little more than some, he handled himself very well in the post game presser. Strickland should have let go of the past, and Harper never should have taunted him 3 years ago (Screaming at him "that's two. that's two") but Harper was more of a kid back then.
    As a baseball junkie I totally respect what he does on the baseball diamond, next to Trout probably the second best hitter in the game, I played the game I could not hit a ball 450 feet like he can, I respect that and I am in awe, like I mentioned I'm a hater because of the immaturity in the past and the temper.

But I'm a hot head too, so I can relate, and good to see him grow up, I can get behind him a little more.

jjgold

Harper is a fierce competitor

Not any left so we give him a

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

All pro athletes are much bigger than the average civilian. Fata$$ pitchers like Sabathia would kick most of sbr's a$$ let alone a Bryce harper.

Homie, karate is all fine and dandy if u have minimal strength and athleticism to back it up

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Why do pitchers in the bullpens run all the way to the infield to join the fight? Why not just go over and fight the guys in the other bullpen? They're a lot closer.
    Post of the year.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Post of the year.
    I loved that post too

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    All pro athletes are much bigger than the average civilian. Fata$$ pitchers like Sabathia would kick most of sbr's a$$ let alone a Bryce harper.

Homie, karate is all fine and dandy if u have minimal strength and athleticism to back it up
    Agree with this. Most SBR posters are either 9 to 5 work dads guzzling beer at night, or enrolled in some cheap college, or sitting behind a desk all day. The average MLB athlete would kick the snot out of the average SBR poster any day. Easily. And I include myself in that.

Machine Choice

I remember eating breakfast at a McDonald's a couple years ago, and Div II college baseball team walked in (I can't remember their name, it was a religious college). They were leaving a game. When they walked in, they looked like a different species compared to all the other men in the restaurant. You don't realize how big these athletes are until they are side by side with the average civilian. And this was a Div II school. The average player was like 6-2, and 210 lbs and no body fat. Now imagine an MLB team. Of course there are exceptions. But even Bartolo Colon would kick the ass of SBR. He is an athlete that is subtle in his abiilty. You don't realize what it takes to pitch in the MLB. All you see is fat guy. WRONG.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

ROTFLMFAO Coach!!

Bryce Harper one one one in a street fight would kick the shit out of 95% of you. GUARANTEED.

And I would kick the shit out of 99.9% of you because I am a 4th degree black belt in Kenpo and Aikido

my nephew is a 2nd degree black belt and hes ab as athletic as a librarian and would probably lose ina fight to one. no knock on karate or urself homie, karate can be just a form of dance with medals for some. im not implying thats ur case. kung fu experts need to be as strong and athletic to deliver like these guys below

Machine Choice

Why do pitchers in the bullpens run all the way to the infield to join the fight? Why not just go over and fight the guys in the other bullpen? They're a lot closer.
    I would love to see this on split-screen. One cam focused on the diamond action, the second cam focused on the bullpens. The bullpen fights would be hand to hand combat, and very brutal. No teammates to hide behind. I would love to see Kimbrel knock that stupid hat off Fernando Rodney in a bullpen brawl.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Lol.

I can see the guys in the bullpen locking the gate to keep the others from coming in.

FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

omg, that helmet throw! bahaha

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

ROTFLMFAO Coach!!

Pretty tough talk, Homie. My money says Donk would kick your ass.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Strickland a whiny little p*ssy...holding a grudge from 3 years ago basically because Harper owns his A**

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I like how he threw his helmet down to trip up the second baseman so he could get a couple extra seconds of fight time.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

If Bumgarner was healthy you know he'd be right out there with his lasso and horse shoes going country on them.

doitnow
    doitnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5528

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Did they charge him with an E on the tossed helmet? Missed him by like 10 feet.
    Threw a screwball

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    I would love to see this on split-screen. One cam focused on the diamond action, the second cam focused on the bullpens. The bullpen fights would be hand to hand combat, and very brutal. No teammates to hide behind. I would love to see Kimbrel knock that stupid hat off Fernando Rodney in a bullpen brawl.
    Well in the case of AT&T, the pens are down each foul line, so they're far away from one another and the action on the diamond is much closer.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

There isn't anyone in a pen at att park unless teams have guys warming up. Everyone in dugouts.

And I find pen staff jogging 350 feet entertaining.

stevenash

And I find pen staff jogging 350 feet entertaining.
    They really don't have anything better to do.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

2 minute penalty in NHL but a four game and six game suspension in MLB...can't make it up

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16945

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Couldn't care less, but Harper won that one.
    Anyone getting hit by a 98mph fast ball can not be classified as a winner.

jjgold

Baseball players known pussies

The punches are like girls

Sbr has th tough guys

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Harper with 4 game suspension, and Strickland with 6 game suspension.

Did Strickland admit to throwing at Harper? all the articles I'm reading are saying he did, but did Strickland actually admit to it?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Harper with 4 game suspension, and Strickland with 6 game suspension.

Did Strickland admit to throwing at Harper? all the articles I'm reading are saying he did, but did Strickland actually admit to it?
    I haven't heard anything about admission of guilt.
    Both will appeal, Strickland has no chance in hell, I bet Harper gets 4 games reduced to two.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Why did Strickland get 6 games? People throw at each other all the time...Maybe gotten less if Buster helped him out...Made it look a lot worse when ur teammates aren't going to have ur back

First 123 Last