Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

Tony Dungy's Comments On Michael Sam

"Not because I don't believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn't want to deal with all of it,” “It’s not going to be totally smooth … things will happen.’’

I think he is pretty much saying that Sam's skill set is not worth putting up with all the distractions that come along with him being in training camp. I read a lot of people comparing this to Jackie Robinson. Apples and oranges. Jackie was a top notch talent, whose skills guaranteed he would stay in MLB as long as he could weather the firestorm that came along with being the first black player. I'm sure Dungy would think differently about picking Sam up if he was a 1st round draft pick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dungy should be fired but he will not because he is black

If a white guys says it he is fired

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    MoneyIsWater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

JJ

Rob Parker said "cornball brother" towards a black man and was fired.

Dungy shouldn't be fired. Expressing his view in a not hatred way.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Liberal media mob getting warmed up. Someone doesn't agree with our new found acceptance of a formerly unpopular opinion. Get him!

Points Awarded:

Yazworm91 gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Yazworm91

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

JJ the more u post the more u come off as kkk. Anyway what dingy said was not wrong. He said he wouldn't pick him because of the distractions. Some sports talk radio shows are twisting his words

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dungy is horrific on tv

He should be fired

Tired of his act

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I wouldn't pick Michael Sam cause he is gay, but because he is a bad football player.

No one should have to come out and say their sexual orientation. Its unprofessional and depress.

I've never done it, 99.5% others haven't.

Michael Sam is a clown, as well other athletes doing this Gay Right movement

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

This is a non story, but the media picks and chooses what they want to blow up and lure the non thinking right along, its just to further the gay agenda and to the wigs thats pushing it behind political doors, the issue of weakening the family structure is their number one social agenda and it doesnt matter if it could possibly cost Dungy his job. They are sending a message, dont stand in the way of what we are trying to do and anybody who comes against it will have hell to pay. Very sad, again this isnt even a story really, but stepping on a bug can become a story if the media is told to make it a story.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Dungy has always been a class act, agree with jtoler, non story.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dungy made these comments knowing the shitstorm that would ensue. He's been around the game too long to be naive. He had to know his job would likely be on the line yet he said it anyways. Makes me think he really doesn't care.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Skip Bayless just equated people getting angry about dog rights to people getting upset with gay rights. Let the circus continue...

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyIsWater View Post
    I wouldn't pick Michael Sam cause he is gay, but because he is a bad football player.

No one should have to come out and say their sexual orientation. Its unprofessional and depress.

I've never done it, 99.5% others haven't.

Michael Sam is a clown, as well other athletes doing this Gay Right movement
    He's a bad football player? Really? How is Michael Sam a clown? Seems like a high character person that puts the team ahead of himself. He came out because he didn't want to have to lie and pretend.

I'm a Christian and don't agree with homosexuality. But we're all sexually immoral in some way, who am I to judge another? Dungy is a great guy, but saying this was a big mistake. Believing that it's a big enough issue to pass on a guy because of it is an even bigger mistake.
    Last edited by Albert Pujols; 07-22-14 at 09:39 AM.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Leftwing media is already after Dungy. Sad. I hope he doesn't apologize.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

JJ was right on saying if Dungy was white they would be calling for his job and he WOULD get canned in all likelihood.
    Dungy gets the "Black-card free pass" though, he will not be reprimanded.
    I never really cared that an open Peter-Puffer was going to be in the NFL.
    But from the very start with Sam's staged hug and kiss of his little white bitch when he was drafted, I was irritated.
    Do any of those other guys sit there at a draft with the hood rats they are fukking? Hardly ever.
    Actually, did he even hug his parents that day when the camera was on him?
    And THIS was exactly what Dungy meant in his statement.
    I predicted Sam would be drafted by a non-contender in the late rounds as a "sympathy/publicity" pick.
    That's what the Rams did.

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    He's a bad football player? Really? How is Michael Sam a clown? Seems like a high character person that puts the team ahead of himself. He came out because he didn't want to have to lie and pretend.

I'm a Christian and don't agree with homosexuality. But we're all sexually immoral in some way, who am I to judge another? Dungy is a great guy, but saying this was a big mistake. Believing that it's a big enough issue to pass on a guy because of it is an even bigger mistake.
    I'm a Christian as well, I'm not judging. His actions of coming out is clownish. He didn't have to do it. No-one asked him, therefore he wasn't lying?

There are other ways to personally go about it.

Can you IMAGINE if everyone that did this was gay? It's not right, Straight people don't do this.

Tony Dungy did nothing wrong by saying it would be a distraction.

It is utterly pathetic that this guys jersey is in the top 10 sales.

WHY? Not because of football, because of politics and his sexuality.

This doesn't need to be honored in media, as well as other obvious current issues.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Maybe I'm lost but I don't see the issue here at all. Dan Wetzel wrote a scathing article that was just nonsense.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Dungy is a class guy and knows what goes on in a NFL locker room.....he basically giving a warning of what may happen

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Finally someone said it.

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

This is NOT an issue AT ALL.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Why isn't anyone talking about teams not signing Kluwe because he's gay?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He is right though, instead of just lining up and playing football now everything in his career will revolve around him being gay. If he gets in a practice scuffle, we will just hear that the other player must be a homophobe then the team has to deal with that. If the OL holds him, knocks him down, trips him it must be because he's gay. Guy paraded it around instead of just worrying about football, he's not that good so now when he gets cuts it will be because he's gay.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    cause he is married with 2 kids

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    He is right though, instead of just lining up and playing football now everything in his career will revolve around him being gay. If he gets in a practice scuffle, we will just hear that the other player must be a homophobe then the team has to deal with that. If the OL holds him, knocks him down, trips him it must be because he's gay. Guy paraded it around instead of just worrying about football, he's not that good so now when he gets cuts it will be because he's gay.
    Boom.
    Nailed it all.
    The real circus will start in a few weeks when preseason starts.
    There will be 100,000 flames lined up crying when he gets cut or isn't playing because of his lack of talent.
    When you drafted this guy, you automatically pressured yourself to put him on the roster for week 1, regardless if he deserves it or not.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Kluwe is a dumb fukk he got himself out of the league. You're the fukking punter. The punter should never be heard...ever. Do what you want on your own time. He meshed his personal life and activism and brought it into the locker room. Guy should have been smart enough to know what would happen. Plus, he's a shitty punter.

Albert Pujols

I'm a Christian as well, I'm not judging. His actions of coming out is clownish. He didn't have to do it. No-one asked him, therefore he wasn't lying?

There are other ways to personally go about it.

Can you IMAGINE if everyone that did this was gay? It's not right, Straight people don't do this.

Tony Dungy did nothing wrong by saying it would be a distraction.

It is utterly pathetic that this guys jersey is in the top 10 sales.

WHY? Not because of football, because of politics and his sexuality.

This doesn't need to be honored in media, as well as other obvious current issues.
    Have some compassion for the guy. Jesus would have. His life has been very tough.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Kluwe just like Jonathan Martin broke the lockerroom code....if you got a problem the people in that fraternity suppose to fix it

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    cause he is married with 2 kids
    Just a cover up to get locker room acceptance. Once kids graduate they'll get a divorce and he'll be dating someone named Barry or Greg

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Just a cover up to get locker room acceptance. Once kids graduate they'll get a divorce and he'll be dating someone named Barry or Greg
    i hope so cause he's such a prickk

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Have some compassion for the guy. Jesus would have. His life has been very tough.

Let me ask you an honest question. Do you believe you are born that way, or you can get help just like to fight addiction to change your life around?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Where is these people with these Sam Jersey...I seen people with manziel Jersey but I have not seen one person wearing a Sam Jersey and I been to a lot of places lately

Albert Pujols

Let me ask you an honest question. Do you believe you are born that way, or you can get help just like to fight addiction to change your life around?
    I dunno. No idea. I've never had to make a choice. Hard to know what it would be like to be in his shoes.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

its funny when clowns say sam isnt a good player when he was co-sec defensive player of the year and nearly every one of them were drafted in top 33.

the reason he was drafted in the 7th round was due to prejudice not because he couldnt play.

what dungy said is reprehensible since many said the same thing about blacks back in the day.

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    its funny when clowns say sam isnt a good player when he was co-sec defensive player of the year and nearly every one of them were drafted in top 33.

the reason he was drafted in the 7th round was due to prejudice not because he couldnt play.

what dungy said is reprehensible since many said the same thing about blacks back in the day.

Won't be a good NFL player.

The kid is good in college, I don't think it will transition over to this level of play.

Albert Pujols

I don't know what it's like to have anorexia, alcoholism, or bipolar. But I know what it's like to be wounded, and I try to have compassion for all people, especially those that deal with things I don't have to.

Pretty much every guy I know has struggled and will always struggle with some form of sexual immorality. Why is this guy any worse than you?

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't know what it's like to have anorexia, alcoholism, or bipolar. But I know what it's like to be wounded, and I try to have compassion for all people, especially those that deal with things I don't have to.

Pretty much every guy I know has struggled and will always struggle with some form of sexual immorality. Why is this guy any worse than you?
    I never said he was worse lol.

I said he doesn't need to publicly make comments and talk about gay rights.

I don't discriminante or hate gays because I don't judge.

However for this guy to talked about like this is an embarrassment to SPORTS and the NFL.

1234 Last