mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

another meltdown

from up 3 grand to down 2 grand in a few hours..3rd such meltdown in the past 2 weeks..its getting old...key losers a dime on the knicks under 97 1/2 1st half..they score a bucket in the last secs to make it 52-46...a dime on the spurs/sixers under 91 1/2 1st half..same deal, bucket with 3 secs left to make it 48-45...almost got it all back with a $100 six teamer on nets 2nd half, pacers 2nd half, mavs 1st half, rockets 1st half, bulls, and the loser the grizzlies -7...who were coasting the whole way and then just stopped playing and a 3 at the buzzer makes it 85-80 final...feel like my head is gonna explode...its really not worth the aggravation.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like you are chasing the dragon. Put it down for a while. Maybe come back in small or bet points. Good luck.

RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

yea man thats rough we all go through these swings but a few things to let it not happen again:

Set a daily stop loss limit - many people do this with stocks same thing with sports betting just simply dont allow yourself to have horrible days

come back small maybe 25% or even 1/10 of what u were betting before. dont try and chase that 5 grand

it sucks now and might suck for a while but youll be back at it soon just make sure you do things to not let it happen again

gl gl

mh217

sounds great on paper, but once i lose that first big bet of the day in a bad way i just go on tilt and lose all control...worst part is my plays are usually pretty solid and the way i lose em is disgusting...always on some heartbreak miracle crap...i mean i've been gambling for a long time so i know how it goes, i've pretty much suffered thru every type of bad beat by now, so it doesnt really faze me..but i think i need to change books cause heritage is the only place where i can never take it to the next level..every time i win a few grand there and i bet agressive i get these bullshit 1/2 point and buzzer losses and they get it all back from me...other books when i attack em with 4 or 5 grand i have run it up to 20k...but heritage is jinxed for me..i should just give up playing there..wish i wasnt such a competetive scumbag..i freakin hate em.

RedSox88
    RedSox88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

haha yea i know whatcha mean man.

Tilt is a killer tho in poker in sports betting in anything it never ends well.

Just make sure your bankroll is big enough to be able to take a huge downswing that you know will come sooner or later.

sleep it off make smart plays and get it done next time around

mh217

im goin back to bookmaker...people bitch about their high withdrawal fees but when you're constantly betting real money their bet points system adds up to a lot of extra cash to offset their withdrawal fees..when i start getting on a roll there i often accumulate like 15-20 k in bet points in a day which is like $80-$100..so basically if you bet there consistently the withdrawals are free.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    from up 3 grand to down 2 grand in a few hours..3rd such meltdown in the past 2 weeks..its getting old...key losers a dime on the knicks under 97 1/2 1st half..they score a bucket in the last secs to make it 52-46...a dime on the spurs/sixers under 91 1/2 1st half..same deal, bucket with 3 secs left to make it 48-45...almost got it all back with a $100 six teamer on nets 2nd half, pacers 2nd half, mavs 1st half, rockets 1st half, bulls, and the loser the grizzlies -7...who were coasting the whole way and then just stopped playing and a 3 at the buzzer makes it 85-80 final...feel like my head is gonna explode...its really not worth the aggravation.
    not sure what % of your bankroll each of those comprised, but they all sound like brutal beats. definitely not worth the aggravation imo.

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox88 View Post
    yea man thats rough we all go through these swings but a few things to let it not happen again:

stop gambling.
    what he said.

mh217

"dont gamble"..lol gee why didnt i think of that??..umm its too late for that mickey mouse advice..the addiction is way too powerful..i would need amnesia or hypnosis to have a chance..be realistic..97% of the people on here know they will never quit and the other 3% are just kidding themselves...EVERYONE is in it for the long haul...no one gets out alive.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I had something similar happen to me tonight MH.
    Here's hoping for a better tomorrow!

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

that is rough, all three of those situations you described. Start betting 1 unit per game for a while...no more no less for ANY pick

mh217

hope so ryan....personally i just wish i had some type of self control to be able to shut it down when the ball isnt bouncing my way...although once you have crossed that line its nearly impossible to ever regain control..thats a heads up to all you newbies..the longer you stay in the game the more reckless it gets....until one day you look in the mirror and you are jjgold..now thats a scary campfire story!!

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

hope so ryan....personally i just wish i had some type of self control to be able to shut it down when the ball isnt bouncing my way...although once you have crossed that line its nearly impossible to ever regain control..thats a heads up to all you newbies..the longer you stay in the game the more reckless it gets....until one day you look in the mirror and you are jjgold..now thats a scary campfire story!!

paranoyd androyd

"dont gamble"..lol gee why didnt i think of that??..umm its too late for that mickey mouse advice..the addiction is way too powerful..i would need amnesia or hypnosis to have a chance..be realistic..97% of the people on here know they will never quit and the other 3% are just kidding themselves...EVERYONE is in it for the long haul...no one gets out alive.
    not even 25% here are clinically addicted to gambling. for most, it's just a hobby and they're losing what they can afford to - sure, they may pull their hair out during the process, but it's just something for them to do instead of spending their money and time out on the town, etc.

as for the 25% here who are truly addicted currently, 20% will eventually outgrow it and/or learn to manage it far better than they are currently. that leaves only 5% here who will be lifetime addicts, allowing it to destroy their personal and financial lives - hope you aren't in this group gl.