Originally posted on 06/26/2013:

Kermit... What does his HS attendance have to do with this case? What does him being out of control, getting thrown out of his moms house (I don't know any of the details about any of that, sounds like a lot of hearsay). What does his integrity have to do with this case? I could care less if he wasn't a choir boy. What does any of that have to do with this case? He could have been the schools bully, could have robbed a bank a few years ago. None of that is relevant to this case. Zimmerman had no idea who this kid was. He would have no way of knowing Martin was a bully, robbed a bank, got kicked out of school, got kicked out of his momma's house, etc., etc.

Bottom line, he was not committing a crime, he went to the store to buy something to drink for himself and skittles for a friend. Hell, I would agree with you if he just robbed the store or was about to rob Zimmerman. That was not the case. He was not in the commission of a crime. He was walking back from the store, minding his own business when Zimmerman followed, got out of his truck with a gun and approached him. What happened after that is anyone's guess but why does any of that matter?

You tell me how things would have been different if Zimmerman followed you, got out of his truck with a gun and approached you? What would you do? Run, fight, beg for your life? Who the hell knows but I don't think you can say that any of your reactions would be wrong. The only actions that are clearly wrong is Zimmerman following Martin (not at a safe distance), getting out of his truck and confronting him. Those 3 actions are all against the rules of the watchman training that Zimmerman took.

What straws am I grasping? I have no dog in the fight. Several SBR posters obviously have an agenda. I don't care what color either of them are. I really don't give a shit what happens. I happen to be outside of Sanford on vacation and they're showing the trial 24/7. Martin is already dead, nothing will bring him back. Zimmerman is fukked no matter what happens, he forever altered his own life. The bottom line for me is that citizens cannot be judge and jury, vigilante's going after people they think look suspicious. That is ridiculous. Imagine if I had my gun and I went around the neighborhood following and confronting people late at night? That shit is crazy. I don't think you honestly believe anyone should be doing that stupid shit, do you???

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
Mac, you're really grabbing at straws here.

It is painfully obvious that Trayvon wasn't a typical high school student. He was repeatedly suspended and missed over 50 days of school and his own mom threw him out of the house because he was out of control, which is why he was staying with his father's girlfriend. I highly doubt that he was a card carrying member of the Junior Shooters.

I don't care so much about the marijuana pics on his phone(even though that isn't something that a typical teen takes, let alone saves on his/her SD card) But he had a bunch of other things that really make you question this kid's integrity.