Originally posted on 07/24/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
If Obama would at least govern as he promised the moderates could look the other way on his lack of performance. He promised to unite us, work with the left and the right and do business in Washington different. He has completely failed on that making me believe that was all a marketing gimmick. Romney may be no better but I think we should can these fakes and send in a new guy whenever we get suckered.
I don't buy that this is your main reason for not liking Obama - not one bit. If it were, there would be a record here of you complaining about how uphill from day 1 that mission was. At least a few posts from Jan 2009 from you and your current crowd of "let's give him a chance and see how this plays out". Nope, day 1 was about the Obama dow jones tank job. Paid stooge JJ still leads that charge.

For the record - the right did NOT want Guantanamo closed (they got what they wanted)
The Right proposed the basis of the ACA (Obamacare) during the 90's. They and the Rx companies got what they originally wanted
The Right said they wanted a strong leader internationally. Obama risked the relationship with Pakistan and still executed what he campaigned on (going in and asking for permission later). OBL DOA
Remember how Libya was going to be an American bloodbath and quagmire? How many soldiers did we lose to get that dictator out of office?
Remember how he'd never be able to wind down Iraq? OH MY GOD - it didn't happen exactly in his original timetable. Guess what, ending wars is a lot ******* tougher than starting them.

Remember when Obama invited Repubs to every initial policy gathering? Remember how the repubs said their #1 priority (3.5 ******* YEARS AGO) was to ensure Obama was not reelected.

You tell me how you would have tried to cater to the Right better? You tell me, when literally the day of your inauguration, you have Rush Limbaugh (mouthpiece to millions), Drudge, FoxNews plus people like Steve King and Chris Christie already blaming a tanking Dow for a guy who has been in office 12 hours. Remember the outrage over Obama's Nobel Prize? A prize he didn't petition for, and even joked he didn't deserve. A prize given by foreigners?

See, some of us lost family or friends during the Iraq war (for me it was a friend). It was obvious shortly after the war started that it was based on LIES. How did people magically (to this day still >50% of repubs) believe Saddam was tied to 911? Remember the threat of Saddam and a mushroom cloud over a US city? How about Saddam spraying us with chemical equipped drones? I remember it clearly.

That was a trillion dollar hit (yet tax cuts were passed). I understand soldiers die, but when they die for a war based on lies, some of us hold onto that a little longer than obviously others do.

But people like you, or Opie you worry only about money in your own pocket. Maybe you served in your younger days, but now you're all just anti government everything and part of the "I got mine" party.

Obama has shown that there is some actual room for real change for some people. Gay folks serving in the military. People who have a sick kid and want to start a business but couldn't previously get insurance. Penalties for CC companies who were (and still are) raping people. Just 3 examples of real change that would never have occured under McCain. Maybe you disagree with those changes, but whining about how "he never did anything" is utter bullshit.

In the end, guys like SBRJohn and Opie care about taxes only. They lose their shit over any misstep and blame it on "well look how the left acted" to justify their immaturity.

It's easy to used coded racist language like Opie, or to hide behind vague whining like SBRJohn and say "he said he'd work with the other side" and wax on poetically about Reagan. When pressed for specifics, however, it's always vague. Asked about 2000-2008, and immediately it's "oh here come's the blame it on Bush" to prevent any comparison.

If your best hope is that Romney might be the same so why not give him a try, I hope for your side, that there's a bit more passion than "let's try someone else".

I have ZERO issue with Mitt being rich. My issue is that his major plank is that his business experience is what America needs right now.

- He's evasive about Bain (to put it mildly)
- He's evasive about where he's hid his money (a republican complaint from the primaries)

Your best chance, is a business man who's platform is that he's rich because he's smart at business. But he won't show even the basics of how he's gotten rich, and he won't be up front about his business. Oh yeah, and Obama can be questioned non stop about his faith, but the Mormon (previously called a "cult" by many republicans) suddenly is off limits.

Maybe he'll win. Maybe you'll sit and count more money while more kids get sent to die in places like Iraq.

Good luck to you.