Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
I think it's funny when we act like...oh yea he is okay as long as he doesn't step on US ground.
Bullshit, since when does the US gov care about breakig a law when they really want someone arrested...lols
Who do you think the US Govt would be more interested in extraditing - Julian Assange or Calvin Ayre? As it stands, the chances of them ever getting Assange extradited to the US are very slim. Regardless of how powerful the US is, there are actually limits to what they can do or even what they want to do short of kidnapping. And that's not something they do in first world countries. The only time your chances are greatly reduced in a non treaty country is when you're a terrorist, a major drug lord, took your child without the other parent's permission/against a court order or committed murder (unless you're in a country like Australia, Canada, Mexico or any EU country as they won't extradite you if you can face the death penalty). I had to spend my own cash to figure out these laws for different reasons but I promise you: Myself or any other US citizen parent would have a better chance of getting extradited back to the US if we "abducted" our child according to the Hague Convention - even if we were living in a 3rd world cave - before someone in Calvin's position would in a non treaty country.