I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

Zach Wilson: QB1 again for the Jets

Bet accordingly.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

The jets have been a bottom feeder franchise for over a decade. 55-107 record the last ten years, ranking 29th or 30th in offense the last few years. Everyone wants to point the finger at Zach, and it’s obvious he’s young and has been thrown to the wolves. The truth is Zach could go somewhere else, develop, have an Offensive line that actually gives him a chance and he’d do remarkably better.

The jets are a dysfunctional organization who want to blame a 24 year old kid. I hope Zach lands somewhere else before injury or his distaste of a bad experience ruin him.
    Last edited by risKingDigits; 12-06-23 at 08:07 PM.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave risKingDigits 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

Zach looked surprisingly good the second half of the KC game and for the next couple after that. I was thinking maybe he somehow got to the next level. Then he went back to the same ole Zach.

You can see it in some players whether they have it or not. Zach's pocket presence is horrific. That usually tells you if a young QB will have success in the pros. Its a big jump from college for the majority of QB's. Everything is super fast all of a sudden all of the time and if you can't slow it down, you got almost no chance. Look at CJ Stroud as the perfect example. If you watch him in the pocket, he can feel the pressure and moves according much of the time. Zach panics and makes bad decisions much of the time.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    The jets have been a bottom feeder franchise for over a decade. 55-107 record the last ten years, ranking 29th or 30th in offense the last few years. Everyone wants to point the finger at Zach, and it’s obvious he’s young and has been thrown to the wolves. The truth is Zach could go somewhere else, develop, have an Offensive line that actually gives him a chance and he’d do remarkably better.

The jets are a dysfunctional organization who want to blame a 24 year old kid. I hope Zach lands somewhere else before injury or his distaste of a bad experience ruin him.
    Longest playoff drought of any NFL team.
    Sanchez was the Jets QB the last time they played in a playoff game.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Zach looked surprisingly good the second half of the KC game and for the next couple after that. I was thinking maybe he somehow got to the next level. Then he went back to the same ole Zach.

You can see it in some players whether they have it or not. Zach's pocket presence is horrific. That usually tells you if a young QB will have success in the pros. It’s d a big jump from college for the majority of QB's. Everything is super fast all of a sudden all of the time and if you can't slow it down, you got almost no chance. Look at CJ Stroud as the perfect example. If you watch him in the pocket, he can feel the pressure and moves according much of the time. Zach panics and makes bad decisions much of the time.
    I agree and would say this assessment is accurate. He definitely wasn’t ready to make decisions at a pro level or with pro timing. The only thing I wonder is how much worse it is being behind the Jets offensive line, the amount of pressure to make the right read and use good mechanics, good footwork goes out the window when you’re scrambling for your life. Zach like his little brother are more of a pocket passer style QB, I’m not sure that can exist on this jets current team. It would be interesting to see how long rodgers went without injury or how many forced throws he might have made if he lasted longer.

it’s quiet possible the NFL speed is not conducive for Zach, but I do feel he’s landed in the worst possible opportunity. Sounds like Rodgers really likes this kid, that says something in itself.

DwightShrute

I agree and would say this assessment is accurate. He definitely wasn’t ready to make decisions at a pro level or with pro timing. The only thing I wonder is how much worse it is being behind the Jets offensive line, the amount of pressure to make the right read and use good mechanics, good footwork goes out the window when you’re scrambling for your life. Zach like his little brother are more of a pocket passer style QB, I’m not sure that can exist on this jets current team. It would be interesting to see how long rodgers went without injury or how many forced throws he might have made if he lasted longer.

it’s quiet possible the NFL speed is not conducive for Zach, but I do feel he’s landed in the worst possible opportunity. Sounds like Rodgers really likes this kid, that says something in itself.
    I couldn't imagine a bigger mentor than having Rodgers on your team throughout training camp. To be honest, I thought he'd be a better QB for it. Maybe he'll prove everyone wrong. I don't imagine he will get too many more opportunities to show he can play in the NFL. Not for the Jets anyways. I think he is done no matter what in NY. Perhaps another team will be willing to give him a chance and a change of scenery might be be what the doctor ordered.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 12-06-23 at 09:07 PM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

QB1's for the Jets last as long as African governments; won't touch that game.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 897

Well said. People act like the Jets are a QB away. They aren’t. They are a shit show top to bottom. Bring back Rex and Namath

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Well said. People act like the Jets are a QB away. They aren’t. They are a shit show top to bottom. Bring back Rex and Namath
    so you don't think if the Jets had a healthy Rodgers the entire season they would be in a playoff position right now? With that defense?

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

You can see it in some players whether they have it or not. Zach's pocket presence is horrific. That usually tells you if a young QB will have success in the pros. Its a big jump from college for the majority of QB's. Everything is super fast all of a sudden all of the time and if you can't slow it down, you got almost no chance. Look at CJ Stroud as the perfect example. If you watch him in the pocket, he can feel the pressure and moves according much of the time. Zach panics and makes bad decisions much of the time.
    100% agree. His feet are horrible. And he always drifts backwards when pressured. He never moves fwrd while looking downfield. Jake Browning looks more comfortable in the pocket than Wilson

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    100% agree. His feet are horrible. And he always drifts backwards when pressured. He never moves fwrd while looking downfield. Jake Browning looks more comfortable in the pocket than Wilson
    That and he looks like a midget out there. I don't get it. They list him at 6-2, 215. More like 6-0, 190. He looks like a high school kid when surrounded in the pocket.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11830

What does the ATTENTION WHORE say about this!!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

Well it takes time for some QB's to adjust in the NFL. The overall speed of the game, the ability to read defenses and coverages, to find the hot read and go through progressions, etc! (all of the nuances and idiosyncrasies of playing the position at the professional level). Remember Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees?! All of them also struggled mightily their first couple of seasons as well before blossoming and becoming superstars and all-time great HOF QB's! Not saying this will happen to Zach Wilson, but let's hold back the reins on his premature burial and don't be too quick to judge him just yet.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Browning has a much better O line protecting him. That O line of the Jets is brutal and has been for years. How long did Rogers last ? I agree with Zach needing a new situation to fit into. This one has been toxic on this poor kid

stevenash

Wilson and Rodgers are the only QB's the Jets have under contract next season.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24894

People can say Wilson sux. How does he compare to Boyle?

I would say there's a gulf in class from Boyle to Wilson. I would dare someone to name me a worse starting QB from the last two decades.

And there have been some bad ones in the NFL. I think Boyle takes the cake. He never should have been allowed to start an NFL game.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

I would say there's a gulf in class from Boyle to Wilson. I would dare someone to name me a worse starting QB from the last two decades.

And there have been some bad ones in the NFL. I think Boyle takes the cake. He never should have been allowed to start an NFL game.
    Joey Harrington
    David Klinger
    Chris Weinke lost like 18 straight games or something like that.
    Akili Smith
    Ryan Leaf

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Joey Harrington
    David Klinger
    Akili Smith
    Ryan Leaf
    Nathan Peterman

Da Manster!

Joey Harrington
    David Klinger
    Akili Smith
    Ryan Leaf
    Ben Dinucci

ChuckyTheGoat

Joey Harrington
    David Klinger
    Akili Smith
    Ryan Leaf
    That's a pretty good response. I normally view Adjusted Yards/Att as the best QB metric.

Boyle is worse than those guys (IMHO). Akili Smith was admittedly in the Boyle vicinity. Wow, he was bad:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...S/SmitAk00.htm

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Nathan Peterman
    That could be the winner. I mentioned Peterman in another thread:

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...P/PeteNa00.htm

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

so you don't think if the Jets had a healthy Rodgers the entire season they would be in a playoff position right now? With that defense?
    If Rodgers stayed healthy all season, right now, they would have more wins. I think he (like Tom Brady) show what leadership at that position can do for others around them. It was weird watching Hard Knocks with Rodgers - he had more authority than Coach Saleh.

That said, there was no way he was going to stay healthy. ZERO percent chance - that he got knocked out for the season in the first possession was bad luck, but he wasn't making it to Week 3 without a trip to the gay blue tent.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    The difference between Wilson and Boyle was that Wilson legitimately has the ability to evade a pass rush - but after that his instincts are suspect. I don't think either are as bad as their reputations, they are in ridiculously difficult situations to play quarterback. Wilson is not confident and gets no help from a horrible HC/OC combination & notably weak OL. It would sink any QB.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Joey Harrington
    David Klinger
    Akili Smith
    Ryan Leaf
    DeShone Kizer

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 897

I don’t. They would still be looking up in the standings. They (he) would find some way to mess it up getting cute. The coaching for sure would cost them 2 games. The JETS rolled the dice on an aging QB and as usual it backfired on them like most JETS decisions. Go Dolphins!

stevenash

Do I dare say it?

In very nasty weather Zach was magnificent.
    In the wind and rain in the Meadowlands Wilson pops for 301 yards, 27/36 (so far) two TDs.
    The fumble he lost was very, very excusable.

I've been dog piling on Wilson like the most of y'all, give the guy credit, he looked great today.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Do I dare say it?

In very nasty weather Zach was magnificent.
    In the wind and rain in the Meadowlands Wilson pops for 301 yards, 27/36 (so far) two TDs.
    The fumble he lost was very, very excusable.

I've been dog piling on Wilson like the most of y'all, give the guy credit, he looked great today.
    He did look sharp. I had a feeling the Jets were gonna play with their pants on fire today... It took them a full half but then they started throwing haymakers.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    He did look sharp. I had a feeling the Jets were gonna play with their pants on fire today... It took them a full half but then they started throwing haymakers.
    Yeah, also the fact that sharps were all over the Jets like flies on shit! Line went from (+6.5) to (+3.5)! dropped a full 3 points...terrible spot for the Texans and you just knew Wilson was going to come out full of piss and vinegar, fire and brimstone, especially after he told his coach to let him start again! He said give me the rock! also I've read that he was pissed off at those rumors that got circulated on the internet about him not wanting to play. said all of that was bullshit and not true. either way, he and the Jets made a statement today. only problem is that it might be too little, too late.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    DeShone Kizer
    Oh, man, don't get me started on that guy. He might have been the worst QB ever taken in Round 2 or up. I could not believe the scouts even had him as a legitimate pro prospect.

But Ryan Lindley was the worst quarterback I've ever seen with a handful of starts.

DwightShrute

Tommy DeVito and and Zach Wilson are the NFC and AFC Players of the Week.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

J E T S was said as being J ust E nd T he S eason

stevenash

Tommy DeVito and and Zach Wilson are the NFC and AFC Players of the Week.
    Tommy Cutlets is a rock star in these parts.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

A bettor
    @CaesarsSports
    has $110K to win $100K on the Jets (+12) vs. the Dolphins today.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Ben Dinucci
    REX GROSSMAN worst QB ever to play in a SB

DwightShrute

Hoping the Bad Zach shows up today.

Go Fish!