DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

Frank Reich fired

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 894

When does someone tell the owner they aren’t going to be any good no matter who they bring in?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    When does someone tell the owner they aren’t going to be any good no matter who they bring in?
    Didn't the owner insist on drafting Bryce Young? Who knows, they might've drafted him anyway.

Reich has been living off of that Eagles Superbowl win from years back when Doug Peterson was calling the plays. Reich has never really impressed as a head coach at all or developed a young QB.

That said, getting fired after 11 games while inheriting an awful team is not really getting a chance to turn it around.

The owner seems to be way too involved in everything.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Didn't the owner insist on drafting Bryce Young? Who knows, they might've drafted him anyway.

Reich has been living off of that Eagles Superbowl win from years back when Doug Peterson was calling the plays. Reich has never really impressed as a head coach at all or developed a young QB.

That said, getting fired after 11 games while inheriting an awful team is not really getting a chance to turn it around.

I agree Jake. Newer owner, tons of money, knows everything about everything… 11 games. Guy is going to be in for a long and rude awakening. Reich and the Nebraska guy both getting severance from the guy.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    I agree Jake. Newer owner, tons of money, knows everything about everything… 11 games. Guy is going to be in for a long and rude awakening. Reich and the Nebraska guy both getting severance from the guy.
    You have to hire good people and let them do their thing....he doesn't seem capable of that.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

Fire the owner, gm not the coach's fault that the team has no talent on offense

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Reich is a dope but it's okay he will get hired again and we know why.

dustyy
    dustyy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6907

Exactly. Tepper is a dick and he is catching major heat. Reich did want Stroud but Tepper wanted to draft a 5'10" quarterback in a league where defensive lineman average 6'3" with wing spans that would make a 6'1" qb look inept. If Doug Flutie was available, Tepper would have drafted him. Tepper is a typical woke elitest who knows nothing about football and will place the blame on everyone else instead of accepting responsibility for his own mistakes.

If PSL owners weren't forced to buy tickets, BkofAma stadium would be 25% capacity on game day. The natives are restless and are ready to run this p rick out of town. Never thought I would hear the fans yelling Jerry, Jerry, Jerry (Richardson not Springer) at the stadium. Even though Richardson has left the world stadium for good, fans long for the days when he was running the show. Major dysfunction in Panther town.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Reich is a dope but it's okay he will get hired again and we know why.
    I am afraid I don't know why. Don't tell me it has anything to do with skin color.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I am afraid I don't know why. Don't tell me it has anything to do with skin color.
    Yup! That is LB's point exactly! Frank Reich will get hired again because he is a COKKKASIAN!
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Da Manster! 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Probably blessing in disguise for the coach.

Couple more seasons with the shitty Panthers are only gonna mess up his overall record.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

You have to hire good people and let them do their thing....he doesn't seem capable of that.
    Bang on

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

I was stunned to learn Carolina has a winning career playoff record.

Panthers are 30 and 63 across their past six seasons, double-digit losses in their past five consecutive years.

That's next-level stinky.

The last good head coach they has was Ron Rivera.

2023 1 10 173 292
    2022 7 10 347 374
    2021 5 12 304 404
    2020 5 11 350 402
    2019 5 11 340 470
    2018 7 9 376 382

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11126

this is nuts

the guy has a rookie QB for crying out loud

unless he whipped his yo-yo out in front of a staffer or leader, i do not understand this.

he is a solid coach.

11-12 games just 2/3 of a season is not enough of a sample.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

Reich is a bum, should have never been hired but he was able to smooth talk a "new" owner. The guy is not engaging at all and comes from the old way. Had plenty of talent on the Colts and they never achieved anything. they brought him in hoping he could coach up a young qb but clearly he is a grandpa which just doesn't work these days on these young guys. Ryans has a much better staff on the Texans and already had more offensive talent in place than the Panthers. Fire Reich before he ruins Bryce further, the rest of this season is about developing his habits and planning how to bring in actual talent on offense next year, not a bunch of stop gap over the hill wrs and mediocre rbs. Mistakes were made, don't chase.

lakerboy

It has everything to do with it. He is also a dope like I said. He had a great roster in Indy and did nothing.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10385

This is two teams now Reich gets fired during the season. Maybe he will get a chance in Buffalo

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Reich is a bum, should have never been hired but he was able to smooth talk a "new" owner. The guy is not engaging at all and comes from the old way. Had plenty of talent on the Colts and they never achieved anything. they brought him in hoping he could coach up a young qb but clearly he is a grandpa which just doesn't work these days on these young guys. Ryans has a much better staff on the Texans and already had more offensive talent in place than the Panthers. Fire Reich before he ruins Bryce further, the rest of this season is about developing his habits and planning how to bring in actual talent on offense next year, not a bunch of stop gap over the hill wrs and mediocre rbs. Mistakes were made, don't chase.
    Bingo. Reich is a moron. People thought he was responsible for the Eagles success that one year they won.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I was stunned to learn Carolina has a winning career playoff record.

Panthers are 30 and 63 across their past six seasons, double-digit losses in their past five consecutive years.

That's next-level stinky.

The last good head coach they has was Ron Rivera.

2023 1 10 173 292
    2022 7 10 347 374
    2021 5 12 304 404
    2020 5 11 350 402
    2019 5 11 340 470
    2018 7 9 376 382
    Rivera is definitely getting fired too

DwightShrute

It has everything to do with it. He is also a dope like I said. He had a great roster in Indy and did nothing.
    What evidence do you have that his skin color has everything to do with it or anything else? You have none of course.

lakerboy

What evidence do you have that his skin color has everything to do with it or anything else? You have none of course.
    You keep living in a pretend world. It works for you. Why didn't they keep the coach that they had at the end of last season?

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Bingo. Reich is a moron. People thought he was responsible for the Eagles success that one year they won.
    Reich wanted Stroud. He also never wanted to trade DJ Moore. He got stuck with a midget QB he wanted nothing to do with and no real weapons for him to throw to. I agree he's a moron and never deserved the job in the first place but he was put into a terrible situation with very low probability of succeeding. And to make matters that much worse of course Stroud is lighting it up in Houston

DwightShrute

You keep living in a pretend world. It works for you. Why didn't they keep the coach that they had at the end of last season?
    I am pretty sure I live in the same reality as you do. I don't know why they didn't keep the coach they had at the end of last season. Was that because of skin color also?

Listen, I ain't so naive to pretend racism doesn't exist. It always will to some degree. You made an indirect comment without any proof, so I wanted to know if you actually had any or if it was just a baseless opinion. Now I know.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20505

"I met with Coach Reich this morning and informed him that he will not continue as head coach of the Carolina Panthers," Tepper said in a statement. "I want to thank Frank for his dedication and service, and we wish him well."

Just once I'd like to hear them say exactly what they're thinking instead of this bs.

lakerboy

I am pretty sure I live in the same reality as you do. I don't know why they didn't keep the coach they had at the end of last season. Was that because of skin color also?

Listen, I ain't so naive to pretend racism doesn't exist. It always will to some degree. You made an indirect comment without any proof, so I wanted to know if you actually had any or if it was just a baseless opinion. Now I know.
    How exactly was I going to prove it? You think everything NEEDS to be proven?

We can see between the lines. The guy they had at the end of last season deserved a shot. It's okay though Reich will get another opportunity . Then another.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Someone will take this hopeless job. They stink AND they're depleted of draft capital. Good luck with that.

DwightShrute

How exactly was I going to prove it? You think everything NEEDS to be proven?

We can see between the lines. The guy they had at the end of last season deserved a shot. It's okay though Reich will get another opportunity . Then another.
    not everything needs to be proven I suppose. If you told me 2+2= 47,320.2340 then it would probably need to be proven. If you are accusing or insinuating racism is involved with the subject, then don't you think you are obligated to prove it? I mean, its not as if I am asking you to prove someone is dumb or they can't cook. A racist is quite specific. If you accuse someone of racism, you need to have some proof. Otherwise, you look rather silly.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

I don't know why some of you are surprised.

Coaches always get fired before anyone else.

But if you're white, you get passed around like a 2 dollar whore.

Same thing happens in College sports.

mjsuax13

Let’s cut to the chase:

1. The owner is delusional
    2. Reich is a bum
    3. The roster sucks
    4. They picked the wrong QB
    5. Should fold up this franchise with JAX and call them the Southern Cats
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mjsuax13

Panthers folded as a franchise when Denver got up 10-0 in Super Bowl 50.

lakerboy

not everything needs to be proven I suppose. If you told me 2+2= 47,320.2340 then it would probably need to be proven. If you are accusing or insinuating racism is involved with the subject, then don't you think you are obligated to prove it? I mean, its not as if I am asking you to prove someone is dumb or they can't cook. A racist is quite specific. If you accuse someone of racism, you need to have some proof. Otherwise, you look rather silly.
    Read my first part of what you quoted. Dwight you love to argue I noticed that. I won't carry on here. If you want to feel like you won good then be it.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    Thought he was always overrated, yes he made the playoffs with two QBs (Luck, Rivers) and should have made it with Wentz if not for the late year collapse. That said, his teams were better than they showed, and his in-game management was atrocious, which is par for the course in the NFL.

DwightShrute

Read my first part of what you quoted. Dwight you love to argue I noticed that. I won't carry on here. If you want to feel like you won good then be it.
    I simply asked you to explain your comment. I was curious was all. I am not anymore.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

this is BS

I've been fading them the entire season

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

I simply asked you to explain your comment. I was curious was all. I am not anymore.

That machine really does enhance the chest area

12 Last