bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006 Kansas City Chiefs Breakdown

The crying is over for the chiefs fans as the Dick Vermeil ends, or is the Chiefs fans crying going to continue?

After 5 years of trying to get the KC over the hump to get back to the super bowl for the first time in ages Dick Vermeil era ends, and the Herm Edwards era begins.

Herm Edwards was brought in to coach KC to improve that awful defense of there, but he has said quite a few times he plans on tinkering with the offense a little bit to give the defense a little bit more rest between series. I don't know if i agree with tinkering too much with the #1 rated offense in the NFL last year, but that's just me.

Team Strengths

Even with Vermeil, and offensive coordinator Al Saunders leaving to coach the Redskins this year. This Chiefs team will continue to put up very impressive numbers on the offensive side of the ball. Larry Johnson, Trent Green, and Tony Gonzalez shouldn't miss a beat from last year according to the offseason reports.

Team Weaknesses

The KC defense is it's own worse enemy this year. Even with Herm Edwards being one of the better defensive minds in the game today, I just can't see him being a miracle worker at all this year. Ryan Sims has been a bust, but Jared Allen has been a surprise to me really. The loss of Willie Roaf doesn't help matters either.

2006 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule:

Cincinnati
    @Denver
    San Francisco
    @Arizona
    @Pittsburgh
    San Diego
    Seattle
    @St. Louis
    @Miami
    Oakland
    Denver
    @Cleveland
    Baltimore
    @San Diego
    @Oakland

I don't feel Herm Edwards can fix this defense in his first year, Not to mention with his public comments on tinkering with that great offense of Kc's is not a good idea IMO, I mean why mess with something that isn't broken. My projection for the Chiefs this year is 8-8.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Losing Roaf and not having a sick fullback in Richardson all but makes L.J. over-rated in fantasy football IMO.

However, Herm is a winner. If he and Green can get on the same page, they can win 11... If not, they will win about 6. That's just the kind of coach Herm is. He's not mediocre. He either gives you a shot at winning - or you have no chance at all.
    Scary to pick the Cheifs under/over this season. I will say that it will be way over or way under in my opinion. Likely under, though. They really have a terrible defense that tackles worse than most high school teams.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The one thing I dislike about Herm Edwards, is the fact that if one of his key offensive players gets hurt and he's out for an extensive amount of time he seems to quit for some reason.