kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Need major Fantasy football input

well I got a bad pick in my league. #5.

I was stuck on portis for sure but that shoulder stuff is scary. He is not scared of contact so I can see him trying to go shoulder in during one of the games and going out for the season. Everyone is saying sooner than later he gonna hurt it and have to have surgery. Should I take the risk and take him or go with a safer pick that is 100% healthy? Was leaning toward Rudi or the Edge????

Here are the top 4 I see getting taken b4 my turn.
    LT
    LJ
    Shaun
    Tiki

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I think I would go for a healthier running back. I agree about Portis going down for a longer period of time, if he gets hit on that shoulder the wrong way. You dont want that risk with one of your top picks.

Go the safe way, and draft a healthy player.

Edgerrin James maybe a good pick, remember, the Cardinals have some studs at wide receiver. So they will need to be covered.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would either take Portis or Ronnie Brown. I'm really looking for Brown to have a huge year for Saban as the only back in town. Either of the two guys you mentioned would be pretty solid as well.
    Maybe you'll get lucky, and Tiki will fall to #5.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends how your league is score, but assuming normal 6 pt TDs, 1 pt/10 yds rush/rec., .5pt/10 yds passing, I think you grab Ronnie Brown, Peyton Manning, Torry Holt, Edgerrin James, in that order. I think you take the first 2 over Tiki if he is available. Try to convinve your buddies that LJ gets downgraded A LOT because Roaf and Shields are gone...it mihgt work and solve your problem, but I doubt it. For the record, I think that's true, however...

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

With the Redskins picking up Duckett from the falcons today I think I would stay away from Portis that high. I got to think Duckett will take some goal line carries away from him. I do believe the move will pay some good dividends for the 'Skins...just not fantasy points for Portis.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Don't dismiss one of those top four, maybe Tiki Barber, making it to you just yet. I've seen some crazy stuff on draft day, and left a couple of names off my list one year thinking the same thing only to have one of them not get picked and me without their name on my short list causing me to not pick the right player.

Ok, ok, maybe the two Bloody Marys and the waitress at Hooters also distracted me a bit, but you understand my point.

Agree with the others here that, assuming those four are nabbed, you'll want Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James or Ronnie Brown on your mind.

Curse Fire
    SBR COWBOYS!!!
    Curse Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!

James or Dunn might be there later in the 1st
    round so may be you can trade down some and
    get one of them later plus get another pick later
    in the draft for doing the trade down. Dunn is
    all ready good but he will get more numbers now
    with Duckett gone.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

You could go "untraditional" and take Peyton Manning. Two years ago, Manning carried fantasy teams to the playoffs. Without EJ, he might be doing a lot more passing.