QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Did anyone see the UNLV/Nevada game last night (Wednesday night)?

Line was 17 (16 1/2 in some places).
    The game was the last one of the night.
    Nevada leads by 18 at the half.
    A minute left in the game Nevada with the ball leads by 18.
    Nevada player gets fouled and misses both free throws with 0:32 left.

So one would think that down by 18 UNLV would just dribble things out. Nope.

Nevada player fouls a UNLV player with 15 seconds left.
    UNLV player makes both free throws.
    Nevada wins by 16.

RebsLV
    RebsLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

Why would u dribble it out? If there is time on the clock and you are down, you score.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Teams losing do not dribble it out, only rare cases in NBA do. Those final minutes, when down a ton, are when players who never get a chance to play are given the opportunity to show off their skills in-game.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

You have to be on the right side of the fix.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I guess I've seen both. Some players wanting to pad their scoring numbers. Others just want to get in the locker room.

I guess a better question to ask is how the Nevada player fouled. Why didn't he just let the UNLV player score?

RebsLV
    RebsLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    I guess I've seen both. Some players wanting to pad their scoring numbers. Others just want to get in the locker room.

I guess a better question to ask is how the Nevada player fouled. Why didn't he just let the UNLV player score?
    They aren't playing for a spread. They playing every possession no matter what. Most these guys never going to play again, seasons almost over. You have to look at it from a players standpoint. Why would you give up a free bucket? Especially in a rivalry game, exert dominance. Its about playing thru the whistle and having a winning attitude. That's why Nevada is such a good team, starts with Musselman

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by RebsLV View Post
    They aren't playing for a spread. They playing every possession no matter what. Most these guys never going to play again, seasons almost over. You have to look at it from a players standpoint. Why would you give up a free bucket? Especially in a rivalry game, exert dominance. Its about playing thru the whistle and having a winning attitude. That's why Nevada is such a good team, starts with Musselman
    That's a good question as to why someone would give up a free bucket but I've seen it dozens of times in both NBA and college ball.

You're right about Musselman. He got that from his dad who.was also a great coach.