PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Dumb college basketball rule

That the even dumber players and coaches don't recognize.

If Team A makes a basket with 45-50 seconds to go in the first half (which happens quite often) the clock keeps running for as long as it takes for Team B to putz around getting the ball and in-bounding it. The shot clock doesn't start until the ball is in-bounded.

If the players had a clue, they could easily putz around retrieving the ball for 10 seconds and wait 4-5 seconds until they inbound it, and ensure their team gets final possession. This almost NEVER happens, and if it does it's on accident because they actually do kick it away on accident or something similar.

So many times teams could get last possession if they just farted around a bit with the ball. But none of them do and often leave Team A with 10 seconds or so to have a last possession.

The rule is stupid #1. Clock should stop on made basket that late in a period. #2 I am shocked that in all these years, this strategy isn't recognized and taught to basically take a possession away from the other team.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

johnpendred
    johnpendred's Avatar Become A Pro!

i only notice it when i have 1st half over and they take their time

in all seriousness, i agree that it is stupid and i am amazed that the teams dont take advantage