The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some NCAA totals selections

UL Monroe/LSU over 130 - low number for a blowout. even if UL Monroe shoots 20% (as LSU has forced bad teams to do so far this year) the game still has a good shot to go over.

N Mex St/Arizona under 163 - Arizona is switching from a small, fast style to one with 2 big men in most of the time. this should slow things down a bit. Arizona was particularly upset with their defense in their first few games, and is reportedly looking to improve on that here.

Wisc Mil/N Iowa over 120 - this number just went too low, probably because N Iowa held fast-paced Washington down so well. But N Iowa still can shoot, and against an inferior team will not have to play such intense defense.

ODU/Georgetown over 126 - another number that went too low because of two defensive-minded teams playing each other. Georgetown can score, as evidenced by their last game vs Vanderbilt, and there are many ways this game could get over the low line.

Yale/Ohio over 137 - Yale returns most of their team that was capable offensively last year, which resulted in almost all of their games being in this range, and some significantly over it. this game is not likely to sail over, but very likely to be close, and an over by a small margin is more likely here than in most games.

Cleveland St/Miami Fl under 137 - two perimeter-oriented teams with tired legs and penchants to go under. because of their styles of play, neither a speedy pace nor good shooting is likely.

Buffalo/Evansville under 139 - similar to the game above, neither a speedy pace nor good shooting is likely.

Lamar/Louisiana Tech under 153 - both of these teams are playing a third game in 3 days, and both were low scorers against better teams in their first 2. this game should be competitive, and the total is inflated due to the totals of the other games. this one is likely to be in a normal scoring range, but it has a high line attached to it.

SE Missouri St/Alaska Fairbanks under 148 - SE Missouri St has been very poor on offense in this tournament, and is likely to be so here again. Fairbanks had an inflated total yesterday because Rhode Island is playing up-tempo now. unless SE Missouri St completely quits and lets tournament host Fairbanks run up the score in their final game (not an unthinkable scenario) this should be a normal-range game scoring-wise, in the 130s or low 140s.
    Last edited by The HG; 11-19-06 at 12:36 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking the Wisc Mil/N Iowa over and the AZ. under myself today bud. Infact, i'm liking NM St. +17 in that game as well.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good calls on those totals today Ganchrow! I wish I would have seen the thread earlier in the day...

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6749

Thanks, Ganchrow. Played them all.