Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 4/22

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two things jump out at me for Saturday.

First, this infatuation with Miami (-7.5 currently). I don't get it. They play mediocre-at-best defense for one thing. The Bulls, on the other hand, were the best in the league in opponents' FG%. The Bulls won 12 of their last 14 games. Granted, they were pushing for a playoff spot, but are they going to lose that edge just because they're in the playoffs now?

The teams met 3 times in the season. Discounting the last matchup where Miami was resting and disinterested, the Heat won the first 2 by a total of 4 points, combined.

Conversely, the Spurs, who actually play defense, are only -8.5 against the 8th-seeded Kings. I know about the Artest love-fest, but these two lines cannot co-exist, can they?

The other thing that has caught me, is the complete dismissal of the Nuggets. I know they have no perimeter shooting, but to cast aside the Division winner as everyone seems to have done seems dangerous to me. From what I can tell, people are just assuming that the Clippers tanked the last week of the season. They lost 5 of 7 down the stretch. I will grant the Sonics game and the Grizzlies game, but I'm not convinced that the others weren't legitimate losses. At least not to the extent that they're being shrugged off.

Also, the Clippers are far from mainstays in the NBA playoffs. That's never a forbearer of Playoff success.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

Very impressive observations. 3-0 ATS playing your hunches.