pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Blazers have traded for Reddish & Knox. Is this going to catapult them to championship contender? I think not
    kevin knox is like a bowl of shit. what a disappointment.

the nets are a "team" now. last night i liked watching them. maybe dinwiddie can become a 2nd tier star.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 915

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    the nets are a "team" now. last night i liked watching them. maybe dinwiddie can become a 2nd tier star.
    yeah it was fabulous watching dinwiddie play with cam who is the new nets 21 year old sharpshooter. dinwiddie so used to playing with luka. dinwiddie talking about how good looking he is, that the team needed good looks, and faded cam thomas about his looks after the game. lol

word is he just has a comfort zone with the ball, he was so used to luka holding the ball all season he just never got to shine

team without any version of a superstar but so loaded they're going to have a hard time figuring out who plays. simmons came off the bench got only 20 minutes.

100 to 1 odds is crazy i'd still take it. what, $5 gets you $500 what do u got to lose.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post

I think Dinwiddle will be a second tier star.

He's not overshadowed by Brunson and Luka any longer, he's the point running the show now, and he's showed signs in the past that he's capable of doing that, not on a long term or consistent basis, that remains to be seen, but he's shown signs in the past.

How many all-star, not elite, but all-star every day PG's are there anyways in the game today.
    Seven, maybe eight?
    That's it.

After Luka, Fox, PG3, T. Young, Ja, Irving, what's left?
    You want to throw Jrue, Garland, and Haliburton in there, fine.
    Point being there aren't enough next level PG's to go around.

Brooklyn now, the way they are currently constructed, is a decent team, emphasis on the word team.

Along with SD running the point, I really like the way Claxson is developing at center.
    There's only ten everyday centers that average double digit rebounds, and Claxson gives you 9.2
    At over 13 PPG on the average he's a double/double waiting to happen on any given night.

Just like the PG position, there are only eight or so every day centers that you can point at and say "Hey, this guy is really, really good"

You got your Hall of Famer Joker, then after that in no particular order you have your Embid's Vucevic, Ayton, and Bam's of the world.

The Greek is a hybrid PF/C, Lopez is their true center, Greek only assumes the center role when Lopez goes down.
    You want to throw in Gobert, Allen, and Lopez in there, have at it.

I really think the 'x' factor is Bridges.
    How many true SF's are there in the league after Butler have the 'wow' factor?
    LBJ is a hybrid, Tatum is a hybrid too, so is J. Brown...

Are Wiggins and the two Barnes's better than Bridges?

Cam Thomas as the off guard is fine.

Problem with the Nets is they aren't deep in the big man/pivot, call it what you may department.

Who's backing up Claxson if he goes down?
    Sharpe, do I dare say it, Ben Simmons?

If I'm a Nets fan I'm not thrilled with going to war every night with Finey-Smith ad Royce at PF.
    Nice players, yes, but as every day starters, not thrilled.

Net's have depth on the bench at guard, big men, umm, no.

Still a serviceable team right now.

budwiser

yeah dinwiddie is a loose player. what makes him so much better than irving is dinwiddie is 6'5" and irving is a small 6'2". the celtics would kill the nets every time, every player would look to switch up on irving. he is the smallest guy on the floor. watch him tonight against the mavericks

you are correct they have issues at the center spot. they got clax though he's a thin guy. sharpe is showing promise but he is definitely not an nba starter.

haven't seen much of bridges yet, hear he's a good defender.

the issue with the nets was defense and switchability, which the celtics used to perfection. dfs makes a big difference on this team, he is going to guard whatever playmaker is on the other team. last night it was derozan. 14 points on 5-13 shooting -23 while on the floor

soooo frustrating kevin durant wouldn't go with this team. he made the trade request after they picked up diwniddie and dfs. they had picks they would have picked up whoever kevin durant wanted. but durant wanted out. i get tired of these idiots. he just wants to chase a title, he wants it given to him but he doesn't want to put in the work. plus what are the suns getting, the guy can't even play tonight because of an mcl, 2nd time in 2 years, and he's coming off of that ruptured achilles at 34. how much does this guy have in the tank to give up 4 first rounders, 2 core players in bridges and johnson. wasn't talent but decision making from these prima donna idiots that killed my nets title.

budwiser

one final thought on this, i truly am disgusted by both these guys irving and durant

so, irving is paired up with luka. so what. you lost dfs, which means they can't stop anybody, they were already bad on defense. chance of winning the title = 0. so, irving makes a big stink of all of this and why-because he doesn't get that max 4th year. they woulda given this fool that caused them all this trouble, the tweet, skipped games cause of the vaccine-they would still given him a lot. and now what...you know dallas is going nowhere, and when they realize he doesn't move the needle, after the season nobody is giving irving a 4-year max deal unless they are crazy

and then durant...this guy moves from team to team to team. he has to go to the warriors to win a title. then he has to go to the nets to win a title. now this guy has to to phoenix to win a title. he chases the golden goose. the anti-michael jordan,who stuck with a team, built a team, got through the pistons, got through the knicks, did what it took. durant just wants it handed to him.

neither of these guys give a shot about the team, the teammates, the city they play for.

i'll say it again, we worship theses athletes, they are young adults, we cheer for them like something is on the line, in the end they are just as fallible as every person walking along the street, and they can be as disgusting or moreso as anyone also

the more you give someone, doesn't mean you get anything back

ok...rant over lol done with these jokers for good

budwiser

Espn report they barely got the kd deal done

Nets were not going to trade kd as suns would not meet demands. Subs deal for collins fell through. The nets said they wanted crowder too. Finally phoenix said yes.

Durant and booker got together planned playing together during usa basketball. Durant said he would finish the year with the nets if they couldn't get him to phoenix.

As for irving the dude just called and said trade me. No warning nothing. Call lasted less than 5 minutes.

Irving is obviously unhinged.

That close to durant not being traded nets getting another player for a title run. Argh

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    and then durant...this guy moves from team to team to team. he has to go to the warriors to win a title. then he has to go to the nets to win a title. now this guy has to to phoenix to win a title. he chases the golden goose. the anti-michael jordan,who stuck with a team, built a team, got through the pistons, got through the knicks, did what it took. durant just wants it handed to him.
    However...

Given the choice of having a teammate that wants to win or a teammate that just chases the paycheck, I'll take the winner please.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    However...

Given the choice of having a teammate that wants to win or a teammate that just chases the paycheck, I'll take the winner please.
    Yeah the kd trade was the backbreaker. Irving is a joke he'll be unhappy at dallas we all know it

For kd he now has pressure to win he never would have had with the nets. If they don't win a title or at least get to the finals kd is a failure and now the suns have an older paul older kd no picks.

But we all know this. It's obvious to all.

budwiser

the bottom line is i'm incredibly sad for what happened to kyrie and kd.

i'm not one to be upset for the rich and famous, but the brass/top of the nets, including the owner and the gm, need to be the adults in the room. when kyrie calls and says he wants a trade, you don't take him literally. you say i'm sorry to upset you, you're on our team, can we talk in a day or two after you stop being upset. we don't want to trade you, we want to keep you, and let's work on it, tomorrow. show you care having him on your team, it would mean the world to kyrie.

older people gotta know how to deal with kids.

kyrie lost and misunderstood. after watching dallas tonight, he has to be as lost as ever. it's just pathetic to watch, he is an incredible basketball player who can score at will. all that talent, and unable to find a home.

as for the nets, i don't know what the point of the team is now. so you have a kinda good team, with a great bench, but you can't compete for a title. you have guys who were centerpieces, starters of their previous teams, just put together and told to make it work. it's a weird situation, they'll have to figure it out.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    yeah dinwiddie is a loose player. what makes him so much better than irving is dinwiddie is 6'5" and irving is a small 6'2".
    first it was simmons now dinwiddie is better than irving also. and only because he's taller. good to know I'm better than spud webb ever was since Im 6'2. in fact I'm better than every nba player that's ever played that's shorter than 6'2, aint I bud.

coop-dog
    coop-dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    first it was simmons now dinwiddie is better than irving also. and only because he's taller. good to know I'm better than spud webb ever was since Im 6'2. in fact I'm better than every nba player that's ever played that's shorter than 6'2, aint I bud.
    he hates irving because he never took 5 boosters like him

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    yeah they're different players. i would take dinwiddie over irving overall, but irving if he's used right.

the idea that they use irving as a 2 guard with luka has to be the joke of the week. you tell me how that works. irving can't be anything but a point guard because he's too small. plus everyone knows he might be the best dribbler in the league, you take that away.

but, hey what do we care lol

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by coop-dog View Post
    he hates irving because he never took 5 boosters like him
    what i said guy, what's the limit lol

budwiser

First ... 3456