jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What Separates NBA From Other Pro Sports: Stars On Most Teams

Almost every team has studs unlike Baseball, NHL and NFL where they lack stars as a whole in their leagues

Baseball there on two hands, NFL same thing , NHL do not know enough about

NBA on basically EVERY TEAM

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

What's the point? Roster size is 12-13 players.

NHL 30
    MLB 40+
    NFL 60

Your point is?

jjgold

Not many stars in other sports

NBA has tons and small league

Faces more recognizable than any other sports

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Faces on camera is the difference.

Baseball and football guy is 1 of 25 or 60, NBA he's 1 of 7 really assuming normal rotation.

Hockey really regional...noone recognizes players because tv hockey sucks and NHL gets no player sponsorships on tv.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Different sports Mr. Gold, with different roster sizes.

But you do make a point. I doubt any other sport has the pool to select from than the NBA. From when they are very young, there are ballers on the playgrounds. The overall pool of talent to pick from on the way to high school then college is pretty large across the nation and world. There used to be guys coming from high school straight to the NBA.

Football has a similar situation except that the cost to get started early is much higher than basketball.

Had there been any kind of development in later years, it's possible soccer could have been an all star sport, but it just hasn't gone that way.

jjgold

Many teams in the NFL don’t even have one star anymore, I remember there were so many running backs celebrities quarterbacks wide receivers it’s a dying breed now

Baseball is the next man up from Latin America they’re all good and none speak English so they’re not really stars . A lot of Latin players have no identity despite being good if that was the NBA the whole world would know them.

I can’t name five players on either local team of mine