A lot of people were saying that Paul George will be the future superstar in NBA after watching the heat/pacers series. How come no one's talking about Kawhi Leonard? Guy has been solid throughout this season and he's been playing great in the playoffs, showing no signs of having just 1 year of experience in the league.

If we look at both players stats this post season they're kinda similar. PG scores more and has more assist while Kawhi has better stats in other areas such as rebounds and steals. PG averaged 19 points postseason and Kawhi 13 points. But here's the thing. PG get ALOT more touches than Kawhi does. In this spurs-lineup Kawhi is more of a role player since Parker, Duncan and Manu are the first options on scoring. In pacers though GEORGE is one of the first options on scoring. PG is also starting to get the all-star treatment which puts him in the line way more often than Kawhi, attemping 6.7 freethrows to Leonards 2.3.

I don't think there's any arguments to which player is the better defender between these two. Yeah, PG gets a lot of credits for being good defensively but he's a step behind Kawhi when it comes to defense. Lets take a look at Lebron's numbers in this series and compare them to the numbers he had in the pacers series since both of these players have had to defend him for most of the time. LeBron spurs series starting from game 1 (18, 17, 15, 33, 25 32), avg 23 shooting 0.433 from the field. LeBron pacers series (30, 36, 22, 24, 30, 29, 32), avg 29 shooting 0.510 from the field. LeBron had 3 straight games with points under 20, which is really rare since James only had 5 games where he scored less than 20 in the regular season. I know that Kawhi wasn't the only one holding Lebron in check because Green and co also shouldered some of that burden, but still Kawhi have been defending him most of the time and has done hell of a job doing that.

If people say that PG can be one of the superstars in NBA in the future then I can't see why Leonard can't be as well. The big 3 era of the Spurs are coming to an end and I really see no problems with Kawhi picking up the baton after Duncan and Manu have retired. He will be even better and have better numbers as he gets more minutes on the court and a more significant role.