Login Search

message from refs was clear: get up, get back on defense, you're not getting the call

Last Post

Default message from refs was clear: get up, get back on defense, you're not getting the call

honestly, no matter which side you were on, wasn't that way better than the usual slop? the way that game was officiated should be the future of the nba. sure, there were some fouls that were not called, but eventually the athletes would adjust and the no calls would even out, and fans wouldn't have the X factor of being mad at the refs.

Finally someone gets it! I have seen a few others, but most are just crying fix. I watched Bron go into the lane hard several times and draw contact right in front of Joey and got nothing. This is a star at home, with a ref who supposedly hates the Spurs so those could have been easy calls without raising eyebrows. Manu travelled all day long no question. Sure the officiating was pretty bad but not one sided in my opinion they just let them play.

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Finally someone gets it! I have seen a few others, but most are just crying fix. I watched Bron go into the lane hard several times and draw contact right in front of Joey and got nothing. This is a star at home, with a ref who supposedly hates the Spurs so those could have been easy calls without raising eyebrows. Manu travelled all day long no question. Sure the officiating was pretty bad but not one sided in my opinion they just let them play.
yes, i agree with that. it's because bron and wade, parker, manu, have gotten skilled at driving to the rim with the primary goal to get to the line, instead of the primary goal to score. but what if you weren't too sure you were actually going to get to the line? then you wouldn't have players flopping as much and getting so good at getting calls.
Last edited by face; 06-19-13 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iQon View Post
wonder what all the pregame conspiracy theorists have to say. Stern put his "boys" in there for Miami. "-7 is a lock," right?
I was expecting the refs to be more involved in Gm6. That was my only concern. I have nothing else to be concerned about. Both teams play dirty basketball. It's game 7 now and the refs are a concern for me again. Crucial calls can be the turning point of a gm. The Spurs had the gm in their hands. We'll see what happens in Gm7.

I thought the refs did ok considering....guys flop so often and so realisticly most of the time that its hard to tell. Honestly though...anything short of a shotgun blast to the chest is not going to send a guy LeBrons size 11 feet down the court on his ass. The NBA needs to get a handle on this stuff. The constant complaining over every call needs to be stopped too. Rasheed Wallace made me quit watching the NBA for several years and its only gotten worse.