Tango Down
    Tango Down's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3351

Added a half unit on a 2-team parlay: LA & DET. 0.57 to win 1.00

And the Nashville Predators are calling my name but I won't play.

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    we tried that with burke.

toronto will never build a franchise team, too much money involved. it's a win/win for them if they team flourishes or sucks. i fukking hate bleeding blue
    A few years ago, before Burke, trading the rights to Tuuka Rask to Boston was a mistake, and this is not hindsight, it was a bad move, he was a legit top prospect at the time, and they got him for Raycroft? Years later, trading a 1st round pick for a one dimensional goal scorer was another mistake. Of course that pick turned into centerman Tyler Seguin. They could have stockpiled key building blocks over the years but they went the other way. Gonna be interesting to see where Nonis takes them.

Tango Down

Yesterday
    1*: 1-1 -0.75
    Small Parlay: 0-1 -0.57
    5*: 1-0 +5.00

Today Feb.6

Anaheim @ Colorado under 5 +120

Should've held out. Locked this in earlier but I'm not confident. All my standard plays are below par this season. 4th game in 6 six nights for Anaheim, and the first one on the road, at high altitude. They're starting a hot goalie against an under-powered and injured Colorado team. You'd think this could easily be a 5-1 or 4-2 win for the Ducks, and perhaps the Avalanche know this. Gonna have to count on the Avs to play a smart, tight checking game to keep this close. They will have to if they want to win.

Tango Down

Yesterday: 1-0 +1.2

Today Feb.7

Columbus Blue Jackets ML -105 (vs Cgy)
    New Jersey Devils ML -125 (vs TB)
    Ottawa Senators ML -125 (vs Car)
    Toronto @ Winnipeg Over 5.5 -120
    Los Angeles @ Nashville Under 5 -130

Tango Down

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Down View Post
    Yesterday: 1-0 +1.2

Today Feb.7

Columbus Blue Jackets ML -105 (vs Cgy)
    New Jersey Devils ML -125 (vs TB)
    Ottawa Senators ML -125 (vs Car)
    Toronto @ Winnipeg Over 5.5 -120
    Los Angeles @ Nashville Under 5 -130
    Yesterday: 2-3 -1.5

Two losses in overtime during last night's action. Very frustrating, but I move on ahead to tonight's lone game, and of course the rest of the weekend.

Today Feb.8

Anaheim @ Dallas Under 5 +115

Tomorrow's action: Strong leans on Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Minnesota, Anaheim, Vancouver.
    Sunday Leans: Detroit, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Nashville.

Tango Down

Yesterday: 2-3 -1.5

Two losses in overtime during last night's action. Very frustrating, but I move on ahead to tonight's lone game, and of course the rest of the weekend.

Today Feb.8

Anaheim @ Dallas Under 5 +115

Tomorrow's action: Strong leans on Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Minnesota, Anaheim, Vancouver.
    Sunday Leans: Detroit, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Nashville.
    Today: 1-0 +1.15

Result: Anaheim 1 - Dallas 3
    The UNDER cashed, this was a "3-2 game" at best from the start. I know it's well after the fact, but both teams as expected didn't give much in terms of Even Strength play, and that's what I was banking on.

As mentioned earlier, I'm looking at a handful of teams for tomorrow. Surely will play Pittsburgh in the afternoon game. Tampa Bay is very enticing at first glance. Will look into totals in the morning.

Tango Down

Feb. 9

Carolina Hurricanes ML +110 (@Phi)
    2* Pittsburgh Penguins ML -130 (@NJ)
    Winnipeg @ Ottawa Under 5.5 -105
    Edmonton @ Detroit Under 5.5 -130

Tango Down

added: Phoenix @ San Jose Over 5.5 +120

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Good luck on the over, got it too but this is looking like a typical PHX game early on...

Tango Down

added: Phoenix @ San Jose Over 5.5 +120
    Quote Originally Posted by SCS View Post
    Good luck on the over, got it too but this is looking like a typical PHX game early on...
    5min after this game started I put in a live bet for the Under for 1 unit. So I'm not going anywhere here.

I have one more play tonight, I hate the price though. I'll look at props for a better alternative, we'll see. Be back later.

Tango Down

Going to drink the juice tonight, only cause I'm up for the year, so I don't mind risks like this.

Play: Vancouver ML -200 (to win 2u)

Wouldn't even feel bad if Vancouver somehow chokes. It would be the "funny" bad. laughably bad. Calgary Flames have no business winning a game like this. Nothing supports Calgary in terms of stats, relevant trends etc. This really could be free money tonight.

Prediction: 3-2 Calgary

JonahHFalcon
    JonahHFalcon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Looks like I'm the only one seeing value on Calgary. Might not be a good sign

Tango Down

Feb.10

Max Play: Detroit Red Wings ML -110

Will probably live bet this if I feel Kings have the game. Won't chase the loss, but I want to maybe perhaps recover half. Still feel confident the Red Wings can take care of business though.

Strong leans on Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh tonight.

Tango Down

Feb.10

Max Play: Detroit Red Wings ML -110

Will probably live bet this if I feel Kings have the game. Won't chase the loss, but I want to maybe perhaps recover half. Still feel confident the Red Wings can take care of business though.

Strong leans on Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh tonight.
    1-0 +5.00

No other plays today. Nashville would have been a graded 2* play against Chicago, but I'm holding off. The Chicago Blackhawks are a terrific team, on a hot streak, I would be bet them till they lose. Could go either way, so the home dog would be a decent go. It's a coin flip! The Under 5 +110 is also very enticing. Mentioned earlier today, Columbus and Pittsburgh are strong leans(all 1*).

Tango Down

Week 3 Summary

1*
    Moneylines: 4-4 -0.95
    Totals: 5-2 +3.05
    Parlays: 0-1 -0.57

2*
    Moneylines: 1-2 -3.00

5*
    Moneylines: 2-0 +10.00

Week 3 record: 12 - 9 +8.53

YTD
    1*
    ML: 14-18 -7.25
    PL: 2-1 +3.05
    TOTALS: 10-7 +1.20
    PARLAYS: 1-3 -0.34

2*
    ML: 7-4 +3.40

3*
    ML: 0-1 -3.75

5*
    ML: 5-0 +25.00

YTD
    :
    38 - 34 +21.31

UNOFFICIAL NHL RECORD:
    43 - 36 +30.60

Week 4 start tomorrow......!

Tango Down

Monday February 11, 2013

Game:
    Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues
    Opener:
    St. Louis -152, Los Angeles +140

My Pick:
    Los Angeles Kings ML +155 (@St. Louis Blues)
    Grade:
    2* (YTD: 7-4 +3.40)

LA's backup goaltender Jonathan Bernier gets the nod tonight, playing against his former teammate from the
    Lewiston MAINEiacs, the recently activated Jaroslav Halak. With both teams struggling and in need of points, the Kings are on the last game of a lengthy 5-game road trip, the "Grammy Road Trip" as it's known, going 1-3 in that span, with losses to Anaheim, Nashville, and Detroit on Sunday afternoon.

The Blues are looking to get back on track in the midst of a 4 game losing streak, having been outscored 22-10 during that stretch. They close out their 3 game
    home stand tonight before playing 4 of their next 5 games on the road.

The teams mirror each other in various statistics. Among the worst in Even Strength, among the best in Shots Against. Both underachieving this season etc. The opening line from the bookmakers opened the Blues as a big favorite. I disagree and say it's a pick'em.
    Expect to see p
    layoff-like intensity from the start, this will be the battle of the goaltenders. Kings will likely test out Halak early, having coming off an injury, ditto the Blues against Bernier, who is making his first starting appearance of the season. Last time these teams met the Kings swept the Blues with ease during the playoffs.
    Expect the same familiarity, the better team wins tonight: 4-3 Los Angeles Kings, in a close hard fought battle.

Tango Down

Monday February 11, 2013

Game:
    Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues
    Opener:
    St. Louis -152, Los Angeles +140

My Pick:
    Los Angeles Kings ML +155 (@St. Louis Blues)
    Grade:
    2* (YTD: 7-4 +3.40)

LA's backup goaltender Jonathan Bernier gets the nod tonight, playing against his former teammate from the
    Lewiston MAINEiacs, the recently activated Jaroslav Halak. With both teams struggling and in need of points, the Kings are on the last game of a lengthy 5-game road trip, the "Grammy Road Trip" as it's known, going 1-3 in that span, with losses to Anaheim, Nashville, and Detroit on Sunday afternoon.

The Blues are looking to get back on track in the midst of a 4 game losing streak, having been outscored 22-10 during that stretch. They close out their 3 game
    home stand tonight before playing 4 of their next 5 games on the road.

The teams mirror each other in various statistics. Among the worst in Even Strength, among the best in Shots Against. Both underachieving this season etc. The opening line from the bookmakers opened the Blues as a big favorite. I disagree and say it's a pick'em.
    Expect to see p
    layoff-like intensity from the start, this will be the battle of the goaltenders. Kings will likely test out Halak early, having coming off an injury, ditto the Blues against Bernier, who is making his first starting appearance of the season. Last time these teams met the Kings swept the Blues with ease during the playoffs.
    Expect the same familiarity, the better team wins tonight: 4-3 Los Angeles Kings, in a close hard fought battle.
    1-0 +3.10 (2* YTD: 8-4 +6.5)

As expected, the better team won tonight. Don't know why everyone loves the Blues. They are a good team, a playoff team, but come crunch time they're still unproven. What a joke of a line by the oddsmakers, it was even as high as -178 @ pinnacle about an hour prior to puck drop. Dominant performance by the Los Angeles Kings to defeat the St. Louis Blues by a score of 4-1.

Tango Down

Tuesday February 12, 2013

Game: San Jose Sharks @ Nashville Predators
    Opener: San Jose +105 @ Nashville -114

My Pick: Nashville Predators ML -110
    Grade: Max (YTD: 5-0 +25.00)

Tango Down

Tuesday February 12, 2013

Game: San Jose Sharks @ Nashville Predators
    Opener: San Jose +105 @ Nashville -114

My Pick: Nashville Predators ML -110
    Grade: Max (YTD: 5-0 +25.00)

Result: Nashville 1 - San Jose 0

1-0 +5.00

Nashville's OT victory against the San Jose Sharks pushes the max record to a perfect 6-0 with +30 units won.

gigicash
    gigicash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

: well done! keep it up!

Tango Down

Quote Originally Posted by gigicash View Post
    : well done! keep it up!
    I've found picking my spots has been beneficial so far. And focusing on select teams is helping the process as well. This week Ive been looking hard at just 3 teams.

Tango Down

Wednesday February 13

Game: St. Louis Blues @ Detroit Red Wings
    Opener: St. Louis +170 Detroit -185

My Pick: Detroit Red Wings ML -120
    Grade: 2* (YTD: 8-4 +6.50)

Detroit's Johan Franzen will out with a hip flexor injury, and the St. Louis Blues will start rookie goaltender Jake Allen tonight. Tonight is St. Louis' 1st game on a 3-game road trip that will take them to Detroit and to western Canada, as they try to get back on track after a dreadful home stand, losing all 4 games, including a 5-1 loss to Detroit on Feb.7

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednesday February 13

Detroit's Johan Franzen will out with a hip flexor injury, and the St. Louis Blues will start rookie goaltender Jake Allen tonight. Tonight is St. Louis' 1st game on a 3-game road trip that will take them to Detroit and to western Canada, as they try to get back on track after a dreadful home stand, losing all 4 games, including a 5-1 loss to Detroit on Feb.7
    with you on this and the Over, GL

Tango Down

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    with you on this and the Over, GL
    Good luck! The Total@5.5 is interesting, Blues captain David Backes called out the team after losing to LA on Monday. If they're going to turn it around they have to get back to basics and play Blues Hockey;put their hard hat on, go to work, grind out them wins. With a rookie goaltender starting, me thinks the Blues will play HARD in front of him, otherwise it will have the potential for another ugly loss. Adding to that fact DET is without one of their top shooters in Franzen, and it's a divisional rival, the under is enticing to me but it's also juiced. This could be a 4-1 win for Det, or a close 3-2 game.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck! The Total@5.5 is interesting, Blues captain David Backes called out the team after losing to LA on Monday. If they're going to turn it around they have to get back to basics and play Blues Hockey;put their hard hat on, go to work, grind out them wins. With a rookie goaltender starting, me thinks the Blues will play HARD in front of him, otherwise it will have the potential for another ugly loss. Adding to that fact DET is without one of their top shooters in Franzen, and it's a divisional rival, the under is enticing to me but it's also juiced. This could be a 4-1 win for Det, or a close 3-2 game.
    All good points, esp about the juiced Under. Reason I took the Over was because of the two teams history in HTH and the Blues having their 3rd string G playing, the value was in the over, esp at +110. Am thinking a 4-2 or 4-3 win for DET. GL to ya

Tango Down

Wednesday February 13

Result: St. Louis 4 - Detroit 3

The Blues storm back and win in overtime to defeat the Detroit Red Wings. Seemed like the entire forum was on DET, so I blame the forum. Nah..kidding.

0-1 -2.40 (YTD: 8-5 +4.10)

Will have one play tomorrow, I already know what it is, won't lock it in yet, waiting till tomorrow.

Tango Down

Valentine's Day, Thursday February 14, 2013

After a bounce back win to San Jose, Nashville looks to keep momentum tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes.

Game: Phoenix @ Nashville
    Opener: Phoenix +126 Nashville -137

My Pick: Nashville ML -130
    Grade: 2* (YTD: 8-5 +4.10)

Already looking ahead to tomorrow's card; I like them dogs Philly and San Jose. As for tonight's game, fairly confident, graded it a 2*, playing with house money, feels good man. In Basketball I like OKC tonight at -5. I'll be out for the rest of the day, won't even watch the game, but I'll update the record as soon as it's over. Good luck Nashville!

Tango Down

Valentine's Day, Thursday February 14, 2013

After a bounce back win to San Jose, Nashville looks to keep momentum tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes.

Game: Phoenix @ Nashville
    Opener: Phoenix +126 Nashville -137

My Pick: Nashville ML -130
    Grade: 2* (YTD: 8-5 +4.10)

Already looking ahead to tomorrow's card; I like them dogs Philly and San Jose. As for tonight's game, fairly confident, graded it a 2*, playing with house money, feels good man. In Basketball I like OKC tonight at -5. I'll be out for the rest of the day, won't even watch the game, but I'll update the record as soon as it's over. Good luck Nashville!

Nashville's offense explodes in the 3rd period to take the victory against the Phoenix Coyotes.

Result: Phoenix 0 - Nashville 3

1-0 +2.00

With tonight's win, it improves the 2* record to: 9-5 +6.10

As mentioned earlier, looked at tomorrow's schedule already, a couple of underdogs standout. Will also look into Totals for the first time in awhile. Hope everyone had a good day today.

Tango Down

Friday February 15, 2013

Game #1: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils

My Pick: UNDER 5 +120
    Grade: 1* (Totals YTD: 10-7 +1.20)

Game #2: Anaheim @ Detroit
    Opener: Anaheim +114 Detroit -123

My Pick: Detroit ML -120
    Grade: 1* (YTD: 14-18 -7.25)

As mentioned yesterday afternoon, San Jose ML remains a possibility(1*). Will update 10min before game times, to add games if necessary.

Note - Tail at your own discretion. Always. But especially tonight ; )

By the way, tomorrow's card doesn't look great.

Tango Down

Quick update here: Going with the UNDER 5.5 -105. (TB@FLA)

Will be back shortly..

Tango Down

Friday February 15, 2013

Game #1: Philadelphia Flyers @ New Jersey Devils

My Pick: UNDER 5 +120
    Grade: 1* (Totals YTD: 10-7 +1.20)

Game #2: Anaheim @ Detroit
    Opener: Anaheim +114 Detroit -123

My Pick: Detroit ML -120
    Grade: 1* (YTD: 14-18 -7.25)

As mentioned yesterday afternoon, San Jose ML remains a possibility(1*). Will update 10min before game times, to add games if necessary.

Note - Tail at your own discretion. Always. But especially tonight ; )

By the way, tomorrow's card doesn't look great.
    0-2 -2.20

Lost two units last night. Not even mad. I'm actually okay with this because I was close to picking Philly and San Jose, along with the LA puck line. All would have lost.

As mentioned, I'm on the Under 5.5 in TB@FLA game. Probably lose that too. And I expect Florida to win the game.

Tango Down

Quick update here: Going with the UNDER 5.5 -105. (TB@FLA)

Will be back shortly..

0-1 on the day -1.05.

Currently looking at the rest of the card, I may save it for tomorrow, as nothing jumps out at me tonight.

In other news: looks like I'm leading the NHL POD Contest with a record of 17-6. I'll try my best to maintain the lead for the rest of the season.

Game I'm looking forward to watching the most is Los Angeles @ Chicago on Sunday afternoon. This is going to be a close game. I would go with Chicago but I need to know who LA is starting in net.

YTD: +25.76

Tango Down

Sunday February 17, 2013

Game: St. Louis Blues +131 @ Vancouver Canucks -142

My Pick: Vancouver -135
    Grade: Max (YTD: 6-0 +30.00)

I really should invest in the time to do write ups, but I'm too lazy. Anyway, this was originally a 3* play, bumped it up to Max, and I already regret the move. Basically putting this week's profits(and more) on the Canucks. If it loses it will be my first losing week of the NHL season. Looking ahead to tomorrow, I really like the Isles.

Purposely posted this late as I didn't want anyone tailing just because it was a max. This one could lose.

Uprise
    Lock of the Century specialist
    Uprise's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday February 17, 2013

Game: St. Louis Blues +131 @ Vancouver Canucks -142

My Pick: Vancouver -135
    Grade: Max (YTD: 6-0 +30.00)

I really should invest in the time to do write ups, but I'm too lazy. Anyway, this was originally a 3* play, bumped it up to Max, and I already regret the move. Basically putting this week's profits(and more) on the Canucks. If it loses it will be my first losing week of the NHL season. Looking ahead to tomorrow, I really like the Isles.

Purposely posted this late as I didn't want anyone tailing just because it was a max. This one could lose.
    Tough loss. I'm liking the Islanders as well, but I might go for the +5.5 goals instead. Thoughts?

Tango Down

St. Louis Blues win in a shootout. First loss of the Max (YTD: 6-1 +23.25), my fault. My instincts were correct too, glad I posted the play after puck drop. Kind of a funny day, I was supposed to put in 2* on the Blackhawks earlier but I forgot somehow. More upset about that than the Vancouver game.

Adding(subtracting) the numbers for the week, came out negative for the first time this NHL season.

Week 4 Summary: -2.3

1*
    ML: 0-1 -1.20
    Totals: 0-2 -2.05

2*
    ML: 2-1 +2.70

5*
    ML: 1-1 -1.75

Hope everyone had a successful 7 days. Week #5 starts tomorrow. Monday - NYI looks interesting. On Tuesday I'd go with Chicago over Vancouver.

Good luck to the forum!

YTD: +19.01

Tango Down

Quote Originally Posted by Uprise View Post
    Tough loss. I'm liking the Islanders as well, but I might go for the +5.5 goals instead. Thoughts?
    Haven't looked at totals yet, but I'm thinking Over in that game. Would have to look into it closer, all I know is Philly had a horrific matinee record last season.

First 12345 ... Last