RobbReport
    RobbReport's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trigg or Serra?

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by RobbReport View Post
    Trigg or Serra?
    Serra. I don't think Trigg has anything left and Serra looked ok against Hughes.

The HOFF

As expected, next month's "UFC Prelim" broadcast for UFC 109 includes preliminary-card fights of Mac Danzig (18-7-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC) vs. Justin Buchholz (8-4 MMA, 1-3 UFC) and Melvin Guillard (22-8-2 MMA, 5-4 UFC) vs. Ronnys Torres (14-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

MMAjunkie.com first reported the broadcast plans earlier this month, and Spike TV officials today made it official.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Serra. I don't think Trigg has anything left and Serra looked ok against Hughes.
    I agree making a play on Serra for sure. Trigg's ground game is pretty bad, he gets submitted fairly easily. Striking Serra probably has the advantage. Only thing Trigg has is his wrestling, but Serra's got good take down defense and an excellent ground game. Not sure Trigg will even want this fight on the ground.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

I'd pick serra to win this. I don't know the odds for the fight yet but there could potentially be value on trigg because of the beating he took against koshchek. He's still a stud wrestler and has tons of experience.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Definitely Serra, his BJJ is too good for Trigg.

ecpenguin
    ecpenguin's Avatar Become A Pro!

As expected, next month's "UFC Prelim" broadcast for UFC 109 includes preliminary-card fights of Mac Danzig (18-7-1 MMA, 2-3 UFC) vs. Justin Buchholz (8-4 MMA, 1-3 UFC) and Melvin Guillard (22-8-2 MMA, 5-4 UFC) vs. Ronnys Torres (14-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

MMAjunkie.com first reported the broadcast plans earlier this month, and Spike TV officials today made it official.
    I hope Danzig's line opens favorably. He is 0-3 in his last three fights and desperately needs a win. If the line is favorable I'll make a play just because its a MUST WIN for him, hopefully he will fight better with his back against the wall. He should really drop that veganism thing though, that can't be helping him. We are carnivores, we need meat!

RobbReport

i was leaning Serra, I think he has been fighting great wrestlers so much recently he has to have developed a better gameplan.

The HOFF

UFC newcomer Joey Beltran (10-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is likely to replace Mostapha Al Turk (6-5 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and fight fellow octagon rookie Rolles Gracie (3-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at Saturday's UFC 109 event.

Beltran's manager, Matt Stansell, today told MMAjunkie.com that the fighter agreed to the bout and is expected to replace Al Turk, who's dealing with non-injury-related issues.

squallsquall
    squallsquall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by ecpenguin View Post
    I hope Danzig's line opens favorably. He is 0-3 in his last three fights and desperately needs a win. If the line is favorable I'll make a play just because its a MUST WIN for him, hopefully he will fight better with his back against the wall. He should really drop that veganism thing though, that can't be helping him. We are carnivores, we need meat!
    Seeing a 0-3 record as speaking FOR a fighter seems strange to me. Not to mention that your dietary advice is somewhat lacking...

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

serra probally wins, but cant stand the guy!

RobbReport

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    serra probally wins, but cant stand the guy!
    I can't stand Trigg, i think he is a dick and he kicked Hughes in the nuts to win a title...and lost.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by squallsquall View Post
    Seeing a 0-3 record as speaking FOR a fighter seems strange to me. Not to mention that your dietary advice is somewhat lacking...
    Justin has what it takes to beat him, stronger puncher and better wrestler

Pabinator
    Pabinator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 74

For some reason I only want to see the main event on this card & I shouldnt even want to see that.

The HOFF

FULL ODDS ARE OUT

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by Pabinator View Post
    For some reason I only want to see the main event on this card & I shouldnt even want to see that.
    I think this is a good card. Excited for all the fights on the main card. Couture and Coleman probably shouldn't be a main event, but they have done a lot for the sport. Also both of them train really hard and they deserve a shot. I can't see either of them winning the title, but this late in their careers they might as well give them one last shot to get up there.

ecpenguin
    ecpenguin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, I would love to get Rolles at -400... he's -550 at Bodog right now.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

lol, danzig is at -500 at bodog

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

I'm really intrigued by Ronnys Torres at +125... although 5dimes doesn't have him listed yet

Also contemplating "Marquardt wins inside distance at -112", as I think he finishes Sonnen in this one...

Only official play at this time is a 7 fight parlay pending (3/3 thus far). Need Couture, Marquardt, Maia to win at 109 and JDS to win in March...

Kaladarus

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    I'm really intrigued by Ronnys Torres at +125... although 5dimes doesn't have him listed yet

Also contemplating "Marquardt wins inside distance at -112", as I think he finishes Sonnen in this one...

Only official play at this time is a 7 fight parlay pending (3/3 thus far). Need Couture, Marquardt, Maia to win at 109 and JDS to win in March...
    Do the Marquardt play it's worth it for sure.

The HOFF

I jumped on this line quickly at Bookmaker. I'd like to find some fight video and possible put more on Torres.

RobbReport

i like this card, it's a good build up to the year ahead. I want to see how Maia does after his 1st loss and want to see Nate beat the shit out of Chael Sonnen.

Educ8d Degener8

I jumped on this line quickly at Bookmaker. I'd like to find some fight video and possible put more on Torres.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdKOgU-Glrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK6Rn...eature=related

RobbReport

does bookmaker allow parlays?

The HOFF

does bookmaker allow parlays?
    No. They usually have good lines, but no parlays.

JohnGalt2341

Does anyone know how good Phil Davis is? I've never seen him fight but I've heard some good things about him. I'd hate to lay some money on him if he can't take a punch(especially from Brian Stann).

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Does anyone know how good Phil Davis is? I've never seen him fight but I've heard some good things about him. I'd hate to lay some money on him if he can't take a punch(especially from Brian Stann).
    I'm going to stay away. He is pretty well hyped coming out of Vera's camp. If the line was better I would give him a shot. But first fight in the UFC at -240, no thanks. Stann is more than capable of holding his own.

The HOFF

Ok 2u more on Torres at +105. I will also take a PROP on Torres/Guillard to not go the distance if I can find it.

Educ8d Degener8

I haven't watched those Torres fights in a bit... gonna have to review them. My only concern with him is the caliber of his opponents doesn't look all that impressive, judging by their respective W-L records; although he was over in Shooto and Jungle Fight... my other concern is that he has been hampered by injuries and hasn't had a fight in since 9/2008 -- First fight in UFC + ring rust???

That being said, I am pretty stoked with the three debuts on this card (Phil Davis, Torres, and Gracie) and am tempted to make a small parlay on them

JohnGalt2341

I'm going to stay away. He is pretty well hyped coming out of Vera's camp. If the line was better I would give him a shot. But first fight in the UFC at -240, no thanks. Stann is more than capable of holding his own.
    I will likely stay away as well. Is it me or are there A LOT of GOOD fights on this card but virtually no GREAT ones? I'd really like to see EVERY fight on this card but I'm not extremely pumped for any individual fight. Hopefully they'll be some quick fights on the main card so they'll show some of the undercard. I'm counting on Marquardt for a 1st round KO of the night and Maia for a 1st round SUB of the night.

RobbReport

I haven't watched those Torres fights in a bit... gonna have to review them. My only concern with him is the caliber of his opponents doesn't look all that impressive, judging by their respective W-L records; although he was over in Shooto and Jungle Fight... my other concern is that he has been hampered by injuries and hasn't had a fight in since 9/2008 -- First fight in UFC + ring rust???

That being said, I am pretty stoked with the three debuts on this card (Phil Davis, Torres, and Gracie) and am tempted to make a small parlay on them
    i wouldn't on all the new guys.

Educ8d Degener8

i wouldn't on all the new guys.
    Yeah, I've decided not to... kinda. I've got a small wager 5 fight parlay that includes Davis and Torres, but not Gracie. The wager is small, but the payout is nice, so it's no big deal.

5 fight parlay -- pays ~ 25:1

Thiago +185 I see alot of value in this line; likely to add as a solo bet also. I've just never been that impressed with Swick.

Torres +110 Got this line early before it shifted; am concerned with ring rust, but I see this as a good matchup for Torres.

Danzig -390 Fighting for his life.

Davis -260 Like Swick, I've never been that impressed with Stann -- I see Davis making a splash in his debut with a GnP TKO.

Hague +160 This is admittedly, a bit of a limb pick -- I see a bit of value in Hague at +160.

Just a fun wager. Definitely, no "sure things" in it, and a couple dogs...

The HOFF

The official weigh-in results include:

MAIN CARD

• Mark Coleman (205) vs. Randy Couture (205)
    • Nate Marquardt (186) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
    • Mike Swick (171) vs. Paulo Thiago (170)
    • Demian Maia (186) vs. Dan Miller (185)
    • Matt Serra (169) vs. Frank Trigg (171)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

• Justin Buchholz (156) vs. Mac Danzig (156)
    • Melvin Guillard (155) vs. Ronys Torres (156)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)

• Rob Emerson (155) vs. Phillipe Nover (155)
    • Phil Davis (205) vs. Brian Stann (205)
    • Tim Hague (263) vs. Chris Tuchscherer (263)
    • Joey Beltran (238) vs. Rolles Gracie (247)

RobbReport

Yeah, I've decided not to... kinda. I've got a small wager 5 fight parlay that includes Davis and Torres, but not Gracie. The wager is small, but the payout is nice, so it's no big deal.

5 fight parlay -- pays ~ 25:1

Thiago +185 I see alot of value in this line; likely to add as a solo bet also. I've just never been that impressed with Swick.

Torres +110 Got this line early before it shifted; am concerned with ring rust, but I see this as a good matchup for Torres.

Danzig -390 Fighting for his life.

Davis -260 Like Swick, I've never been that impressed with Stann -- I see Davis making a splash in his debut with a GnP TKO.

Hague +160 This is admittedly, a bit of a limb pick -- I see a bit of value in Hague at +160.

Just a fun wager. Definitely, no "sure things" in it, and a couple dogs...

maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing...pretty cool this Gracie is a heavyweight.

knownone
    knownone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by squallsquall View Post
    Ok, I call you crazy How would he win exactly?

I'm even thinking of taking a shot at Couture finishing the fight before time... I doubt he wants to clinch with Coleman, as his boxing is faaar superior.
    I have Coleman winning this 45% of the time, It's been awhile since Mark Coleman's been in an actual training camp for fight; So this will show us the real Mark Coleman whether its age or just lack of training that slowed him down in the past, I don't think Couture has any major advantage over Coleman outside of striking, If Coleman can take Couture down and clinch with him he can will.
    I don't see Couture finishing this, and I don't see either one dominating the other so it should be a close decision.

First 123 Last