1. #7281
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 23,990
    Betpoints: 12902

    Oh, Raider...I forgot. WTF was that game all about?

    That game was in the toaster. Ariz is a dead team.

    I said b4 that I hated the HC hire. That's the 3rd HC in ten months.

    They should have kept Bisaccia (who arguably should have won Coach of the Yr in 2021). Guy was well-liked and respected. Good Luck finding that in this league.

  2. #7282
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,791
    Betpoints: 11135

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Raiders, have you watched the series of Safedin Ammous BTC inteviews?

    Not saying he's right or wrong. But it makes for a fascinating listen. More importantly, the Fiat $$ system is clearly a sham.
    Haven't listened but I'll check it out.

  3. #7283
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,791
    Betpoints: 11135

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Oh, Raider...I forgot. WTF was that game all about?

    That game was in the toaster. Ariz is a dead team.

    I said b4 that I hated the HC hire. That's the 3rd HC in ten months.

    They should have kept Bisaccia (who arguably should have won Coach of the Yr in 2021). Guy was well-liked and respected. Good Luck finding that in this league.
    I was sick to my stomach watching that debacle. Coming in to the year, I thought the Raiders had an outside shot to win the division.

  4. #7284
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,690
    Betpoints: 3324

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Optional - Isn't today your buy day? You may be on to something with Sunday buying.
    Yes it is.

    Last week of ETH, XRP and APE buying as I have reached my target $$ in, and I am accumulating more BTC from next week.

    I hope the low times continue until early December.

  5. #7285
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,028
    Betpoints: 1772

    Woof, eth taking a hit since the merge

  6. #7286
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 26,692
    Betpoints: 42454

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Woof, eth taking a hit since the merge
    The bloodbath of 2022 continues
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  7. #7287
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,858
    Betpoints: 11979

    Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    ???

    It has been steady at 19000 hasn't it ?
    No. It was 21000 a few days ago. Now it's 19000. It will continue to drop. Today it will go down to about 8000. And by Friday it will be worth around 5 cents before it hits zero on saturday.

  8. #7288
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,791
    Betpoints: 11135

  9. #7289
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,384
    Betpoints: 9474

    nibbled more BTC and ETH yesterday.

    come to papa.

  10. #7290
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 5,198
    Betpoints: 156

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    No. It was 21000 a few days ago. Now it's 19000. It will continue to drop. Today it will go down to about 8000. And by Friday it will be worth around 5 cents before it hits zero on saturday.
    What goes down must bounce back up

  11. #7291
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,384
    Betpoints: 9474

    the time to buy buy buy in big chunks is coming sooner than we think...............

  12. #7292
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,062
    Betpoints: 3804

    Will put this simply, if we don’t get inflation under control and yields creep higher, possibly over the next decade barring some very deep recession or demand destructing event to slow down inflation, then crypto is dead money

  13. #7293
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,690
    Betpoints: 3324

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    The truth is I donít have a single clue what will happen, no body does, but I can tell you I am not in the habit of pretending to understand things I donít
    Mmm-kay

  14. #7294
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 410
    Betpoints: 1547

    What do you guys think of the ETH-merge? Do you think it was a negative thing?

  15. #7295
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 5,198
    Betpoints: 156

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMusher View Post
    What do you guys think of the ETH-merge? Do you think it was a negative thing?
    Market seems to say so and my crypto advisor mike78 agrees

  16. #7296
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,384
    Betpoints: 9474

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMusher View Post
    What do you guys think of the ETH-merge? Do you think it was a negative thing?
    No. the timing was the problem. it occurred during strong headwinds that the stock market is also facing and the correlation between crypto and stocks is about 70% right now (used to be quite the opposite).

  17. #7297
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,690
    Betpoints: 3324

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMusher View Post
    What do you guys think of the ETH-merge? Do you think it was a negative thing?
    I guess the merge hype news was already priced in by the time it happened?

  18. #7298
    blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 3,168
    Betpoints: 17849

    Alright, so, I have to say: I gave up and sold my remaining BTC. I stuck with it for years, made a very good % profit, made multiple posts in support of buying and against selling. If you want to go way back through my posts you'll find them. And I followed through. But I just can't see it going up much anymore. The climate for BTC sucks, doesn't seem like it's gonna suck a lot less. It's hard to use widely. Governments have refused to accept it as an official currency, as was hoped for, severely limiting its utility. Digital payment for everything that isn't gambling or drug related is already available (you pay online by credit card, duh). I'm not saying this is the end of crypto entirely, just possibly the downfall of BTC, because I think its price is absolutely insane for what little it does

    Good luck to those of you who stick with it. I hope it finally does sky-rocket to 100k somehow. I just really don't see it anymore, so I had to get out

  19. #7299
    themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-01-13
    Posts: 4,858
    Betpoints: 11979

    Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Alright, so, I have to say: I gave up and sold my remaining BTC. I stuck with it for years, made a very good % profit, made multiple posts in support of buying and against selling. If you want to go way back through my posts you'll find them. And I followed through. But I just can't see it going up much anymore. The climate for BTC sucks, doesn't seem like it's gonna suck a lot less. It's hard to use widely. Governments have refused to accept it as an official currency, as was hoped for, severely limiting its utility. Digital payment for everything that isn't gambling or drug related is already available (you pay online by credit card, duh). I'm not saying this is the end of crypto entirely, just possibly the downfall of BTC, because I think its price is absolutely insane for what little it does

    Good luck to those of you who stick with it. I hope it finally does sky-rocket to 100k somehow. I just really don't see it anymore, so I had to get out
    You are 100 percent correct. Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency really has no use for anybody. What's the point of using it? First of all these exchanges want more information from you than a bank requires. I thought the point of it was to be anonymous? My bank required less personal info to open an account. And why would anybody use it for transactions other than online books? Debit cards are 50 times faster and provide security if your account is hacked. If somebody hacks your bitcoins good luck getting them refunded. It's nearly impossible. The average person is never going to use bitcoin instead of a debit card to buy anything. In 1 or 2 years it will be nonexistent.

  20. #7300
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,690
    Betpoints: 3324

    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post

    You are 100 percent correct. Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency really has no use for anybody. What's the point of using it? First of all these exchanges want more information from you than a bank requires. I thought the point of it was to be anonymous? My bank required less personal info to open an account. And why would anybody use it for transactions other than online books? Debit cards are 50 times faster and provide security if your account is hacked. If somebody hacks your bitcoins good luck getting them refunded. It's nearly impossible. The average person is never going to use bitcoin instead of a debit card to buy anything. In 1 or 2 years it will be nonexistent.
    Ah, there is the problem.

    Your opinion is based on a false premise.

  21. #7301
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 826
    Betpoints: 12458

    I have a friend that found out he could save 25% on boner pills by using Bitcoin instead of a credit card. It got him started in crypto and he claims his penis pointed him in the right direction....
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  22. #7302
    Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-07-20
    Posts: 4,472
    Betpoints: 1926

    anyone looking to buy soon?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/24/2022

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  23. #7303
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 5,198
    Betpoints: 156

    Bitcoin has some very minor use cases but the vast majority of people are in it to get rich plain and simple. It's just a glorified pyramid scheme

  24. #7304
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,783
    Betpoints: 1156

    The public is long gone out of coins. Thatís the problem.

  25. #7305
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,439
    Betpoints: 5029

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    anyone looking to buy soon?
    Don't do it man! Shit is dropping probably to (DOW) 25,000 soon with the interest rates continuing to skyrocket.

    Get out and Invest in sure things like this. The safe and smart play during this recession. https://www.secure.citizensaccess.com/Citizens/savings

    I'm only posting here to give solid and VERY secure investing advice in tough times. Don't continue to gamble and try to be an investing hero with your nest eggs and with this volatile stock market or with Crypto. It's all going down further under this Biden spending administration and recession.

  26. #7306
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 8,523
    Betpoints: 20459

    Jibbbyy I made a deposit at book over 2 hours ago and nothing yet. Should I call the blockchain about this? Do you have Bitcoins phone number?
    Points Awarded:

    MickeyMan gave pablo222 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  27. #7307
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 826
    Betpoints: 12458

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    anyone looking to buy soon?
    Hard to say. The crypto market may go down further, it may not. Frankly there are forces at work on Western economies that are trying to bring them down. I don't want to get into it but the future looks very, very gloomy.

    What if the stock market has a full blown crash? Can't happen you say? It's happened before.

    What if the dollar goes to zero? All currencies have a life cycle. The USA is in debt and the present administration is spending like an ex-wife who found the ex-hubby's credit card.

    About the only thing "safe" is precious metals - gold/silver.

    I have no idea how crypto will do in an economic disaster but you can bet the reconstruction will involve CBDCs (central bank digital currency).

    Provided none of this happens, buying ETH and BTC and holding long term (5-10 plus years) could be profitable. Maybe crazy profitable. DCA (dollar cost average). Buy a little. If the price drops, buy a little more. If it drops again, buy a little more. Etc.

    BTC and ETH are the only two in crypto that have a solid future, IMO. The only two to hold with diamond hands - all the rest could die off.

    That said, invest no more than you can afford to lose. Start small. Long term is the ticket.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  28. #7308
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 826
    Betpoints: 12458

    I just got back from a 17 day trip on my motorcycle. Texas to Las Vegas to Reno to Denver (to see my Texans play the Broncos) and then back to Texas (home). Sold 2 Eth to finance the trip. I was prepared to gamble away about 2 more Eth but I kinda broke even on my sports betting and lost a couple hundred on the video poker machines in Vegas. At the Westgate, I got a ticket for Texans over 4Ĺ wins (-120) on the season. $600 to win $500, collect $1100.

    I have pics but no host. I don't think this forum allows uploads.

    Ate out every night, sometimes fast food, sometimes a nicer place. Stayed at the El Cortez for 6 nights in Vegas. I booked a cheap room in their pavilion but it was one of the nicer places I stayed at. I'm a Motel 6/Super 8 kinda guy normally, eheh. Vegas has the places to go to but not so great is where to park your vehicle. That place needs more parking, free parking. If you haven't been to Vegas lately, be prepared for the smell of wacky tobacky in the air.

    At any rate, it showed me you can have a pretty good time and not blow a lot of money (or crypto).
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  29. #7309
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,129
    Betpoints: 1507

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Jibbbyy I made a deposit at book over 2 hours ago and nothing yet. Should I call the blockchain about this? Do you have Bitcoins phone number?


  30. #7310
    JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-10-09
    Posts: 76,439
    Betpoints: 5029

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Jibbbyy I made a deposit at book over 2 hours ago and nothing yet. Should I call the blockchain about this? Do you have Bitcoins phone number?
    Pebbles kiss me arse matey!
    Points Awarded:

    pablo222 gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  31. #7311
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,812
    Betpoints: 3857

    Interpol seeks arrest of failed crypto-firm boss Do Kwon

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63033262

  32. #7312
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,791
    Betpoints: 11135

    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia74 View Post
    Interpol seeks arrest of failed crypto-firm boss Do Kwon

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-63033262
    S. Korean Authorities Look to Freeze $67M Bitcoin Tied to Terra's Do Kwon
    https://sports.yahoo.com/korean-auth...110956289.html

  33. #7313
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,783
    Betpoints: 1156

    "buying ETH and BTC and holding long term (5-10 plus years)"

    only thing that is safe

  34. #7314
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,384
    Betpoints: 9474

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    "buying ETH and BTC and holding long term (5-10 plus years)"

    only thing that is safe
    Coach, are you quoting me now? JK JK

    I have been saying this about Stocks and Crypto since 1/1/2022 so close to 9 mos.

    buy hold, average down, average average down.........check back in 7 to 10 years

  35. #7315
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,812
    Betpoints: 3857

    Gary Gensler hints that ether's a security too - Protocol

    Sep 20, 2022 — Gary Gensler just gave Ethereum an early Halloween scare. The SEC chair spooked crypto's second-largest ecosystem by suggesting that the ...

First ... 206207208209210211212 ... Last
Top