1. #5636
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    ILV pays well but it's locked up for 12 months. It could be huge if the gaming play to earn tokens remain strong.
    Price was $191 here 7/28. Now at $1891. If you hit a 10x + stake, missing on a couple isn't a big deal.
    Points Awarded:

    ChuckyTheGoat gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Optional gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

  2. #5637
    onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-28-20
    Posts: 667
    Betpoints: 2480

    JUST IN:$FB allowing cryptocurrency ads.

  3. #5638
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Grayscale launched SOL backed trust giving SOL a boost.

  4. #5639
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,029
    Betpoints: 1808

    Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please

  5. #5640
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please
    The only thing I'll say is if MSTR breaks below $650...and you are not just diamond fisting to the the moon, would strongly considering trimming your position into weekend

  6. #5641
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please
    Mostly everything tied to interest rates...if there's concern Fed could raise rates it affects all markets...Crypto and Small Caps are probably the two most closely tied from my studies...as both are more of a sentiment indicator....ie small caps and crypto tend to move higher in a risk-on environment

  7. #5642
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please
    Who knows who's right but trobin and I will always be on the opposite side of this argument. Cryptos are world wide and aren't tied to financial markets in the US. A financial crisis in another country such as Venezuela or Greece will move the market. US law or Chinese law will move the market. Whale collusion is big and they use current news to their advantage. Money moves the market and wallets are visible on the chain.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-01-21 at 06:28 PM.

  8. #5643
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Who knows who's right but trobin and I will always be on the opposite side of this argument. Cryptos are world wide and aren't tied to financial markets in the US. A financial crisis in another country such as Venezuela or Greece will move the market. US law or Chinese law will move the market. Whale collusion is big and they use current news to their advantage. Money moves the market and transactions are available for all to see on the chain.
    The US Dollar is still the world reserve currency, for now...the Fed has absolute power to control how much it cost to borrow/spend money...this has global repercussions on how any dollar denominated asset is valued, including your BTC/USD

    whales manipulating price is not unique to crypto
    Last edited by trobin31; 12-01-21 at 06:38 PM.

  9. #5644
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,029
    Betpoints: 1808

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Mostly everything tied to interest rates...if there's concern Fed could raise rates it affects all markets...Crypto and Small Caps are probably the two most closely tied from my studies...as both are more of a sentiment indicator....ie small caps and crypto tend to move higher in a risk-on environment
    Is this based on strictly historical data? What about the potential for more of a here to stay Outlook for cryptos going forward?

  10. #5645
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,029
    Betpoints: 1808

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    The US Dollar is still the world reserve currency, for now...the Fed has absolute power to control how much it cost to borrow/spend money...this has global repercussions on how any dollar denominated asset is valued, including your BTC/USD

    whales manipulating price is not unique to crypto
    I think you both could be right.. or wrong

  11. #5646
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 3,030
    Betpoints: 2350

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Who knows who's right but trobin and I will always be on the opposite side of this argument. Cryptos are world wide and aren't tied to financial markets in the US. A financial crisis in another country such as Venezuela or Greece will move the market. US law or Chinese law will move the market. Whale collusion is big and they use current news to their advantage. Money moves the market and wallets are visible on the chain.
    I am a strong believer of this as well. If it looks like the market is tied together that’s prolly because the whales want you to think that for however long the theme is. This is not just only a U.S. thing.

  12. #5647
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 3,030
    Betpoints: 2350

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this. I'll stick w/ my opinion. I've tracked how the Volatility is a good bit lower now.

    Let's track it after 12/31 and thru 2022 Cal Yr. Note the Top and any draw-downs to Trough. I don't the dip will be > 40%:

    *If/when I'm wrong, I'll pay out 200 pts (5x40) to some of the posters in here.
    My bad bro I dont want you to feel some type of way, I respect you to much. What I said may have come out wrong. I just kinda meant be prepared for anything. Im a long time bull no matter what happens short term. I feel in 10 years all these holders will feel so good about themselves that it doesnt matter what happens right now or the next year or 2. Sorry, Im not trying to prove myself right with u.

  13. #5648
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    If BTC becomes the world reserve currency then we can talk...but as long as the dollar is king there's honestly no argument to be made...like if the Dollar goes to $100+ tomorrow, then everything is going down...who controls the value of the dollar?

    I understand there's some idealized view of crypto being separate, in some ways it is, as the beta appears most disregulated from S&P, but it still makes it susceptible to market moves which is directly tied to Fed policy...there's a reason the financial crises in 2008 caused a global recession

  14. #5649
    zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 7,283
    Betpoints: 190

    Invest a couple hundred you don't need in Chiliz and forget about it for at least a year. The project is worth it, even more so right now.

  15. #5650
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    I am a strong believer of this as well. If it looks like the market is tied together that’s prolly because the whales want you to think that for however long the theme is. This is not just only a U.S. thing.
    Agree 100%.

  16. #5651
    biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 13,047
    Betpoints: 929

    Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Invest a couple hundred you don't need in Chiliz and forget about it for at least a year. The project is worth it, even more so right now.
    true story the owner of chiliz is Alexandre Dreyfus. He owned chili poker back in the day and scammed me for 15k in affiliate earnings. had big players playing for him and created about 250k revenue for him in a month only for him to say the sign-ups were not legit. Eventhough they were people I knew and only played poker there was no way they could of abused the system.

    Anyways he should be hung that Israeli pig and I hope chilliz burns and crashes

  17. #5652
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    If BTC becomes the world reserve currency then we can talk...but as long as the dollar is king there's honestly no argument to be made...like if the Dollar goes to $100+ tomorrow, then everything is going down...who controls the value of the dollar?

    I understand there's some idealized view of crypto being separate, in some ways it is, as the beta appears most disregulated from S&P, but it still makes it susceptible to market moves which is directly tied to Fed policy...there's a reason the financial crises in 2008 caused a global recession
    Binance.com is the biggest exchange and the US can't trade there. Huobi is just behind Coinbase and they are US banned. The US played a tiny roll in BTC until recently. The markets were 100% controlled by Asia.
    Last edited by raiders72001; 12-01-21 at 08:27 PM.

  18. #5653
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171


  19. #5654
    zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-27-12
    Posts: 7,283
    Betpoints: 190

    Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    true story the owner of chiliz is Alexandre Dreyfus. He owned chili poker back in the day and scammed me for 15k in affiliate earnings. had big players playing for him and created about 250k revenue for him in a month only for him to say the sign-ups were not legit. Eventhough they were people I knew and only played poker there was no way they could of abused the system.

    Anyways he should be hung that Israeli pig and I hope chilliz burns and crashes
    Dreyfus is a shady guy, has/had his fingers in a lot of different things.
    However, Chiliz still is worth a shot. Project is doing well so far, the groundwork is pretty solid.

  20. #5655
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 3,030
    Betpoints: 2350

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    If BTC becomes the world reserve currency then we can talk...but as long as the dollar is king there's honestly no argument to be made...like if the Dollar goes to $100+ tomorrow, then everything is going down...who controls the value of the dollar?

    I understand there's some idealized view of crypto being separate, in some ways it is, as the beta appears most disregulated from S&P, but it still makes it susceptible to market moves which is directly tied to Fed policy...there's a reason the financial crises in 2008 caused a global recession
    It sure looks like BTC in on track to become the world currency, no matter what happens good or bad it still gets through it even stronger after. I don’t know how long the U.S. can maintain spending double what they bring in, which is more than 4 trillion per year more in debt right now.

  21. #5656
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    I'm just gonna tap out now, not sure there's a collective understanding here of significance of everything being traded in dollars, even the crypto being traded on overseas exchanges, being traded in mostly dollar pairs. again, I am sure there will be a day when the BTC pair or CBDC will dominate...but there's no escaping power of dollar and fall out from it

  22. #5657
    onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-28-20
    Posts: 667
    Betpoints: 2480

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Does anyone believe or think there is a direct correlation between the ny stock exchange and BTC? Input please
    with The S&P 500 yes but it is not as strong a correlation as it once was.Still if stock market crashes hard crypto will too

  23. #5658
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    I'm just gonna tap out now, not sure there's a collective understanding here of significance of everything being traded in dollars, even the crypto being traded on overseas exchanges, being traded in mostly dollar pairs. again, I am sure there will be a day when the BTC pair or CBDC will dominate...but there's no escaping power of dollar and fall out from it
    The dominate trading pair today is USDT. You've only been around for one cycle. Until recently everything including mining was done in Asia. Financial markets in the US were irrelevant.

  24. #5659
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    The dominate trading pair today is USDT. You've only been around for one cycle. Until recently everything including mining was done in Asia. Financial markets in the US were irrelevant.
    you can't be serious how do you not understand a tether is tied to dollar? c'mon man,,,, you've been around for infinite cycles... kekw

  25. #5660
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 3,030
    Betpoints: 2350

    Some hardcore people believe no matter how you look at it 1 btc is 1 btc because the 21mil cap, doesn’t matter how much the currency price is. I myself have a tough time with that but if you really look at it I guess there right. Just like how all alts are tied to the btc price I’m pretty confident most stuff in general will be tied to btc at some point, speculation right now but just look around you with all the stuff going on now and its not really that hard to see it unfolding.

  26. #5661
    biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-30-05
    Posts: 13,047
    Betpoints: 929

    Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Dreyfus is a shady guy, has/had his fingers in a lot of different things.
    However, Chiliz still is worth a shot. Project is doing well so far, the groundwork is pretty solid.
    my players pretty much accounted for 70-80% of the total rake he was taking in within the first few months of him launching chili poker. It's okay Karma is a bitch one day it will catch up to him.

    Not saying chilliz won't be a good investment personally I could never get into it though.

  27. #5662
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,795
    Betpoints: 11171

    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    you can't be serious how do you not understand a tether is tied to dollar? c'mon man,,,, you've been around for infinite cycles... kekw
    The point is that you said the price of low cap cryptos is tied with Fed rates when there's zero correlation.

  28. #5663
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 828
    Betpoints: 12508

    Whenever there's a "world event", I think some decide they don't want to invest anymore and would rather have cash in hand.

    The few times this has happened, my observation is that crypto seems to recover the fastest....

    The day the USD goes down (fails) should be interesting. You would think there would be a migration into crypto and precious metals but who knows? Obviously, everything will be effected....

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Anyone know what's going on with BAT? I bought some coupla years ago, still got it. It started the year @ 20. In March it zoomed up to $1.52. Went down to 46 in July (along with everything else going down). Just 4 or 5 days ago, it zoomed up to $1.77. Currently, at $1.43. What's up?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  29. #5664
    louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-14-07
    Posts: 9,255
    Betpoints: 3030

  30. #5665
    onetrikpony
    onetrikpony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-28-20
    Posts: 667
    Betpoints: 2480

    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Whenever there's a "world event", I think some decide they don't want to invest anymore and would rather have cash in hand.

    The few times this has happened, my observation is that crypto seems to recover the fastest....

    The day the USD goes down (fails) should be interesting. You would think there would be a migration into crypto and precious metals but who knows? Obviously, everything will be effected....

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Anyone know what's going on with BAT? I bought some coupla years ago, still got it. It started the year @ 20. In March it zoomed up to $1.52. Went down to 46 in July (along with everything else going down). Just 4 or 5 days ago, it zoomed up to $1.77. Currently, at $1.43. What's up?
    Basic Attention Token Defies Wider Crypto Market Rout, Hits All-Time High

    [COLOR=rgb(var(--gray60))]As crypto markets plummet, Basic Attention Token, the crypto behind the privacy-centric web browser Brave, is currently defying the downturn.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(var(--gray60))]Decrypt
    [Nov 26[/COLOR]
    Basic Attention Token

    Read on the Decrypt App for the best experience.
    For the best experience, top crypto news at your fingertips and exclusive features download now.
    Points Awarded:

    Arky gave onetrikpony 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  31. #5666
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,721
    Betpoints: 3351

    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Whenever there's a "world event", I think some decide they don't want to invest anymore and would rather have cash in hand.

    The few times this has happened, my observation is that crypto seems to recover the fastest....

    The day the USD goes down (fails) should be interesting. You would think there would be a migration into crypto and precious metals but who knows? Obviously, everything will be effected....

    -------------------------------------------------------

    Anyone know what's going on with BAT? I bought some coupla years ago, still got it. It started the year @ 20. In March it zoomed up to $1.52. Went down to 46 in July (along with everything else going down). Just 4 or 5 days ago, it zoomed up to $1.77. Currently, at $1.43. What's up?
    Govt has had a working group on migration from hard currency to electronic for a while already.

    They wont let the USD just crash n burn. I believe it will just move to a crypto version itself.

  32. #5667
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,721
    Betpoints: 3351

    Get the 8-bit dick on opensea

    Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    Which one of them is Raiders?



  33. #5668
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 828
    Betpoints: 12508

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Govt has had a working group on migration from hard currency to electronic for a while already.

    They wont let the USD just crash n burn. I believe it will just move to a crypto version itself.
    Yep, CBDC (central bank digital currency) is on the way although I hear the USA is way behind. The Central Banks, Government, Wall St., The Fed and all their cronies will come out smellin' like a rose. I think it will be 2008 on steroids. No one held accountable, no one charged with any crimes. Never mind that they all will have had a hand in the USD's collapse.

    Not looking forward to having every penny coming in and going out tracked.

    It's the little guys that will get rekt. Heard many times - "Get out of the system" from financial people with no conflicts of interest. So, I placed my bet on crypto and a little in precious metals. We'll see what happens, I guess....
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  34. #5669
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 53,721
    Betpoints: 3351

    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Not looking forward to having every penny coming in and going out tracked.
    Agree. What was conceived as a tool to money freedom could easily morph into the worst type of Big Brother tracking and control tool ever.

    Hopefully enough people recognize and reject that that it forces the central bankers to create something people can have confidence in not ending up that way.

    Interesting times

  35. #5670
    trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-14
    Posts: 9,065
    Betpoints: 3822

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Agree. What was conceived as a tool to money freedom could easily morph into the worst type of Big Brother tracking and control tool ever.

    Hopefully enough people recognize and reject that that it forces the central bankers to create something people can have confidence in not ending up that way.

    Interesting times
    💡💡💡

First ... 159160161162163164165 ... Last
Top