bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

World Baseball Classic

players are dropping like flies of this event.

Melvin Mora being the latest player dropping out of this event. his excuse was "i don't want to play center field"

ticket sales were only sold on a package type deal at first, but now there selling individual tickets. this event is becoming a complete joke with all the players and even a manager not participating.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

I felt it was not a good idea from the beginning. With spring training going on for MLB, and it only ending a week or two before the regular season starts for MLB. Injuries to star players can take MLB teams out of the world series race.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will still watch. It's baseball that counts in March. Plus there are still a ton of marquee guys playing.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You just love baseball huh Illusion. You probably watch the little
    league world series..

Illusion

I actually bet on it last year im. That California team made me some coin.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thousand Oaks??

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Thousand Oaks??
    I can't remember. That's sounds right. Whoever it was had spreads for most of their games.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'm becoming more and more disinterested in this by the minute. And I'm a hardball nut! The timing is all wrong to include major leaguers (not really sure what a good timing would be). I'd be more inclined to watch it with minor leaguers and college players.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

College baseball is in season and this is about the only time where its not cold, before regular baseball starts of course. It should be fun, I'm holding out hope anyway.

Illusion

Is the WBC gonna be an annual event?

bigboydan

i can't see it being an annual event at all ILL.

it cuts into spring training way too much for one thing. not to mention that the MLB owners don't want to put there players at risk.

Illusion

Great point dan, but if it's a hit they should do it every other year.

bigboydan

i can't seeing it being a big hit at all this year though ILL.

with all these players, and managers pulling out. not to mention slow ticket sales, and minor league umps. then you top it all off with the stuff with Cuba.

it's a great idea, but i can't see it working on a yearly basis at all.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

This just proves the point of Bud Selig being an assclown.

Just save this for the olympics when people actually want to play for their country, not forced into it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Money
    Just save this for the olympics when people actually want to play for their country, not forced into it.
    I totally agree. No need for this and I dont think it will be a hit. It will be like the XFL , a one time event.

I keep saying that Dan, the players are being put at risk by playing this thing. The WS ring is more important to them then this pissing contest between countries.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Hey, A-Rod, I know you're making eleventy billion dollars playing for the Yankees, but do you think we could persuade you to risk injury right before the season for a pittance to play for a country you're not sure is your favorite in an event we've ironically named the Classic even though it's the first one?"

Who thought this would catch on from the start? The minute it was annouced, everyone not in a mental ward or not named Bud Selig rolled their eyes and waited for the impending disaster. This is going to be a train wreck. The timing couldn't be worse, the players don't want to play in it. The owners don't want to risk their investments (players) for something where there is no opportunity for gain and a season to lose.