Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

More likely to happen, Ohtani to hit 60 Homers or Acuna to go 40-70?

Lots of exciting things happening in baseball this year. Really hoping to see Acuna hit the 40-70 mark.

Crazy to think Ohtani has a shot to win both the home run title and the American League Cy Young award.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

Acuna to go 40-70 but I don't either will happened. Acuna has the abilities to do it but if Braves keep winning at this pace, then they will most likely start resting him towards the end of the season and will have less opportunities.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

70 steals might be difficult for Acuna because he hits a lot of doubles and homers too. Plus, on top of that, Hotlanta's offense is so good he will have runners ahead of him a lot and not able to steal. I do think 70 is within reach but like Header said they don't need to risk injury later on either. Plus, why have him run when up by so many runs in so many games when they don't even need an add-on run. My bet would be on Ohtani.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24956

Is Kermit posting his plays while on vacation?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13194

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Lots of exciting things happening in baseball this year. Really hoping to see Acuna hit the 40-70 mark.

Crazy to think Ohtani has a shot to win both the home run title and the American League Cy Young award.
    I highly doubt that...

Drewskee5ATL
    Drewskee5ATL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    70 steals might be difficult for Acuna because he hits a lot of doubles and homers too. Plus, on top of that, Hotlanta's offense is so good he will have runners ahead of him a lot and not able to steal. I do think 70 is within reach but like Header said they don't need to risk injury later on either. Plus, why have him run when up by so many runs in so many games when they don't even need an add-on run. My bet would be on Ohtani.
    Not trying to be rude but no one in Atlanta calls it hotlanta lmao there are literally memes about it. Their bats are fkn hot though that’s for sure!

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

I don't know about Cy Young.
    What I do do know is from a statistical standpoint, Ohtani's month of June was the greatest month in MLB history, and that includes any month Babe Ruth ever had.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
    When you consider over 20,000 players have played MLB baseball, that's mind boggling.

As far as the AL Cy Young Award my list starts with Cole and Eovaldi.
    Ask yourself this, would Texas be leading the AL west without Eovaldi, and would the NYY be a solid WC contender without Cole?

Same can be said about Tampa Bay's Shane McClanahan and Toronto's Kevin Gausman.
    Ray's are winning the AL East in a milk run and Toronto is in a dog fight for a playoff spot with NYY.

Plus I just learned Ohtani has a serious blister problem on his hand that could impact playing time, with Trout out, LAA would be foolish to risk Ohtani.

Speaking of Ohtani and The Angels, chances are Ohtani is out the door and heading to either LA or NY as a free agent, so it would behoove Moreno to move him to the highest bidder before Ohtani walks out the door leaving Moreno with nothing.

Speaking of Moreno, I would sell the whole shooting match right now.
    Twenty years ago he paid 184 million for the Angels, the current value is 2.7 billion dollars.
    Basic math says 1467% ROI is not too shabby.
    Last edited by stevenash; 07-06-23 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Touched up a couple of minor grammatical errors

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I don't know about Cy Young.
    What I do do know is from a statistical standpoint, Ohtani's month of June was the greatest month in MLB history, and that includes any month Babe Ruth ever had.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
    When you consider over 20,000 players have played MLB baseball, that's mind boggling.

As far as the AL Cy Young Award my list starts with Cole and Eovaldi.
    Ask yourself this, would Texas be leading the AL west without Eovaldi, and would the NYY be a solid WC contender without Cole?

Same can be said about Tampa Bay's Shane McClanahan and Toronto's Kevin Gausman.
    Ray's are winning the AL East in a milk run and Toronto is in a dog fight for a playoff spot with NYY.

Plus I just learned Ohtani has a serious blister problem on his hand that could impact playing time, with Trout out, LAA would be foolish to risk Ohtani.

Speaking of Ohtani and The Angels, chances are Ohtani is out the door and heading to either LA or NY as a free agent, so it would behoove Moreno to move him to the highest bidder before Ohtani walks out the door leaving Moreno with nothing.

Speaking of Moreno, I would sell the whole shooting match right now.
    Twenty years ago he paid 184 million for the Angels, the current value is 2.7 billion dollars.
    Basic math says 1467% ROI is not too shabby.
    Odds say Valdez but it's hard to understand why.
    I see McClanhahn at +950. I know record isn't everything, but he's 11-1 and the ERA is similar among the top 4 or 5. He pitches tonight for 12-1. Imagine he goes 23-3 or something like that, how does he not win?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Looks like Ohtani is done pitching for the year with a tear in his elbow. They also don't know if he'll hit again.

Angels' Shohei Ohtani has elbow tear, won't pitch again this season - ESPN

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2175

Acuna is in the 40/70 club!