1. #1
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    MLB Picks - Wednesday, 9/21/22

    2 MLB Sides Wednesday

    Orioles -152
    Angels +131


    YTD: 342-360-17, -23.78


    All plays are Listed Pitchers unless ACTION is stated

    Season low was -35.16 entering games of Thursday, 8/11/22

  2. #2
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    3 MLB Plays Wednesday

    3 MLB Plays Wednesday

    Orioles -152
    Angels +131
    Cardinals / Padres UNDER 7.5 -108

  3. #3
    Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-07
    Posts: 10,551
    Betpoints: 3668

    Why Os at this price? Just curious on your thoughts. They arent trending in the right direction, Lyles has been getting pounded lately, yet this seems like its priced where it would have been 2 weeks ago.

  4. #4
    stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-02-10
    Posts: 4,822
    Betpoints: 9678

    Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Why Os at this price? Just curious on your thoughts. They arent trending in the right direction, Lyles has been getting pounded lately, yet this seems like its priced where it would have been 2 weeks ago.
    Its the model which doesnt look at trends. Betting baseball is mostly about trends. For example, say the Yanks have won 6 in a row, depending on the price Id bet them to win 7 in a row.

  5. #5
    spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-17-09
    Posts: 3,842
    Betpoints: 10433

    good luck

  6. #6
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,716
    Betpoints: 1132

    He does
    Not quit

    Should get an award

  7. #7
    Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-07
    Posts: 10,551
    Betpoints: 3668

    Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    Its the model which doesnt look at trends. Betting baseball is mostly about trends. For example, say the Yanks have won 6 in a row, depending on the price Id bet them to win 7 in a row.
    Got it man! Ya, tracking direction is a critical component. I find, especially in baseball, the market adjustment can take weeks. Mid August, the Os were still priced as a non contender. I cashed several tickets where they were priced +160 to +180 when I had them priced 30 or 40 cents lower. They should not be anywhere near this price tonight with this pitching matchup and with how cool their bats are.

  8. #8
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,162
    Betpoints: 69

    Trends should be factored in when modeling. It's not all about stats. LT never bet once the Braves, Dodgers or Yankees when they were on 10 plus winning streaks multiple times.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  9. #9
    Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-01-09
    Posts: 9,694
    Betpoints: 567

    Food for thought...

    Bookmakers used advanced models to handicap games and give the most accurate outcome probabilities based on simulations

    Why do you assume that your model is more accurate/efficient than those used by professionals and industry leaders?

  10. #10
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 5,198
    Betpoints: 132

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Food for thought...

    Bookmakers used advanced models to handicap games and give the most accurate outcome probabilities based on simulations

    Why do you assume that your model is more accurate/efficient than those used by professionals and industry leaders?
    Well that's the same thing as asking a bettor (professional or otherwise), "Why do you think you know better than the market?"

    As long as you beat the closing line (by an appropriate margin) isn't that all that matters ?

  11. #11
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    3 MLB Pick Additions

    6 MLB Plays Wednesday

    Orioles -152
    Pirates / Yankees UNDER 7.5 -103
    Angels +131
    Royals +121
    Padres -131

    Cardinals / Padres UNDER 7.5 -108

  12. #12
    Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-09-11
    Posts: 28,630
    Betpoints: 7925

    see any value in the rays?

  13. #13
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,023
    Betpoints: 1554

    Need to hold -23 units to have any chance for a comeback.

  14. #14
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    2 More MLB Pick Additions

    8 MLB Plays Wednesday

    Astros / Rays UNDER 7 -110 (ACTION)
    Orioles -152
    Pirates / Yankees UNDER 7.5 -103
    Angels +131
    Royals +121
    Guardians / White Sox OVER 8 -108
    Padres -131
    Cardinals / Padres UNDER 7.5 -108

  15. #15
    Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-01-09
    Posts: 9,694
    Betpoints: 567

    Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Well that's the same thing as asking a bettor (professional or otherwise), "Why do you think you know better than the market?"

    As long as you beat the closing line (by an appropriate margin) isn't that all that matters ?
    And most dont, despite the belief they do

    How many people can beat any major sports market consistently? Its too efficient imo, once you move to stock markets for example you can get edges >20% consistently

    Over 700 plays now with negative return, safe to say there is no edge with this model.

  16. #16
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 5,198
    Betpoints: 132

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    And most dont, despite the belief they do

    How many people can beat any major sports market consistently? Its too efficient imo, once you move to stock markets for example you can get edges >20% consistently

    Over 700 plays now with negative return, safe to say there is no edge with this model.
    This year certainly not but OP is still betting it so he must still believe in it

  17. #17
    Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-01-09
    Posts: 9,694
    Betpoints: 567

    Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    This year certainly not but OP is still betting it so he must still believe in it
    Fair enough, hes had success in years past but at what point does a model become outdated. At what point do you need to tweak things? 700 plays is a large enough sample size to see that any edge this did produce is gone or has this been an outlier year in MLB outcomes.

  18. #18
    asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-23-17
    Posts: 5,198
    Betpoints: 132

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Fair enough, hes had success in years past but at what point does a model become outdated. At what point do you need to tweak things? 700 plays is a large enough sample size to see that any edge this did produce is gone or has this been an outlier year in MLB outcomes.
    Well the first part is easy to answer, it's outdated when it no longer has an edge. I certainly don't disagree with anything you're saying. Me personally I don't believe in betting strictly based on a model or algorithm as there are just too many variables and market factors that aren't taken into consideration or are too difficult to accurately evaluate with a strictly quantitative approach. As far as tweaking things here, LT would definitely know more as it's his model not mine lol

  19. #19
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    Actually guys I have .done a decent job at beating closers, it simply has not translated as well as usual this year.

  20. #20
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    2 Last MLB Pick Additions

    And we end up with a 10-Pack!

    10 MLB Plays Wednesday

    Astros / Rays UNDER 7 -110 (ACTION)
    Orioles -152
    Pirates / Yankees UNDER 7.5 -103
    Angels +131
    Angels / Rangers OVER 9 +107
    Royals +121
    Guardians / White Sox OVER 8 -108
    Padres -131
    Cardinals / Padres UNDER 7.5 -108
    Athletics +193

  21. #21
    LT Profits
    VIP Moderator
    LT Profits's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 10-27-06
    Posts: 90,531
    Betpoints: 66169

    6-2-2 with a +193

Top