I GET IT...
    Omaga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 313

Volstad - important announcement

Pound It

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

That may be some of the worst advice of the 2012 Major League Baseball Season

Volstad-One of this year's worst

Besides, Rocks have been killing the Cubs
    while the Cub bats are hibernating

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-...ad-royals-cubs

Royals claim Chris Volstad on waivers from Cubs

By pardeeptoor on Oct 27, 4:05p
    David Banks-US PRESSWIRE
    The Kansas City Royals have claimed starter Chris Volstad off waivers.

The Kansas City Royals have claimed Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Chris Volstad off of waivers on Friday.

Volstad was winless in 24 starts spanning two seasons with the Marlins and Cubs. Volstad got his first win of the 2012 season Aug. 26 against the Colorado Rockies and finished the season 3-12 with 61 strikeouts and a 6.31 ERA in 21 starts during the 2012 season.

In five seasons with the Marlins and Cubs, the 26-year-old right-hander is 35-51 with a 4.87 ERA and 439 strikeouts for his career.

Volstad spent time with Triple-A Iowa throughout the summer before being brought up by the Cubs for good Aug. 3 after they traded Ryan Dempster and Paul Maholm at the trade deadline.

The Royals' pitching staff ranked 23rd last year with a combined 4.30 ERA and a 72-90 record. The Cubs' pitching staff was ranked 24th with a 4.50 ERA

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Lol......how anyone. Old pick that guy up is beyond me. I wish I could do my life over and become a pitcher. If Chris volstad and Kevin Gregg could collect paychecks all these years I know I could have.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

how this guy is pitching in the majors still makes no sense to me. He is still young and has room to improve but even the Cubs gave up on him why would the royals have any reason to pick him up

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

K.C is desperate for some good starting pitching. Volstad is young and with a few minor adjustments that might be able to mold him into a good pitcher.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    K.C is desperate for some good starting pitching. Volstad is young and with a few minor adjustments that might be able to mold him into a good pitcher.
    . That is beyond a reach.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    . That is beyond a reach.
    LOL. Hes young Man. Look at Fister. He went 3-13 one year. Looked like the worst pitcher EVER.