Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Friday August 25th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking over the whole card the only play I really like is Detroit-Bonderman over Cleveland-Sowers. I would be a little apprehensive so take the Over 9, just because as horrible as Sowers he has had some really low scoring games. Cleveland is in a major rebuilding phase and they are just trying to figure things out. Which players to keep and which players to trade. Bonderman has dominated them and he should pitch a good game tommorrow at the Jake. Detroit should take the 1st game of this series after Chicago handed them 2 straight losses at home.

austintx05

Also, John Lackey is a very short price at home vs NYY. I am gonna have to look at the matchups a bit closer before I make a wager/if I make a wager on this game. Jared Wright is nothing more than a 5 inning relief pitcher and he is a pitcher that if you get to early in the first couple of innings can be rattled. Angels always play the Yankees tough in Anaheim.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont like either play RSN... but then again I almost never bet on Detroit. For some reason I havent bought into the idea that they are really that good. But Cleveland at home... I dont know. Detroit does have the pitching advantage in this one, that's for sure.
    And the other one, I dont know man, betting against the Yankees when they just lost 2-3... If I was gonna take any team I will take NY as a doggie, even with the pitching disadvantage but Im gonna pass. Actually Im passing on both those games...

Im thinking Cardinals, Dodgers, White Sox (gotta see if Thome plays) and my doggie today are the Phillies. Any strong feelings about any of those games??

austintx05

Vazquez is a flyball pitcher and I think Minny scores on him, yet I don't like Radke either.

I think Yanks/Angels Over is the play

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Dont like either play RSN... but then again I almost never bet on Detroit. For some reason I havent bought into the idea that they are really that good. But Cleveland at home... I dont know. Detroit does have the pitching advantage in this one, that's for sure.
    And the other one, I dont know man, betting against the Yankees when they just lost 2-3... If I was gonna take any team I will take NY as a doggie, even with the pitching disadvantage but Im gonna pass. Actually Im passing on both those games...

Im thinking Cardinals, Dodgers, White Sox (gotta see if Thome plays) and my doggie today are the Phillies. Any strong feelings about any of those games??
    I agree with you on Detroit. I am not sold on them either, but they continue to win. I just see Cleveland as a team that has struggled all year. Bonderman has no pitched well i his last 4 starts, in fact his last win was in Cleveland. Sowers has pitched well at home, but Tigers are 5-1 at the Jake...its really tough, but if I had to take a side I would take Detroit...but I will be passing on this game.