Washington travels to Jacksonville to take on a Jaguars team that blew an opportunity to put a strangle hold on the AFC South in their 34-24 loss to the Colts last week.

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the under:

Redskins have seen the total go "under" the number in 8 of 14 this year, including in 4 of 7 on the road; last week they lost a high-scoring close one to the Cowboys 33-30, in Dallas.

Washington is struggling in many areas right now but I think we can all agree that Mike Shanahan's 3-4 defensive scheme has been a bust for this team.

It allowed over 400-yards for the fifth time this season in the loss to Dallas; "Definitely embarrassing," OL Lorenzo Alexander said.

Rex Grossman surprised pretty much everyone, though, with his performance as he ended the day 25 of 43 for 322 yards and four TD's.

Note that Washington has seen the total go "under" the number in both games this year as a road of 3 1/2 to 7-points and in 6 of 7 over the last two years in the same position.

On the other side of the field: The Jaguars have seen the total go "under" the number in just 3 of 14 this year; in last week's loss, the total sailed "over" the posted number of 48.

Jacksonville will now need to sweep its final two games of the season and get some outside help for its inclusion into the NFL's post-season.

So will the Jags suffer a letdown here?

"We'll dust ourselves up," coach Jack Del Rio said. "We'll get back in the ring and go after it. We're going to take our time these 24 hours (to get over the loss). It's going to sting a little bit as it should (but) we're going to come out ready to roll as the weekend approaches."

Maurice Jones-Drew had an ankle injury last week and the result was a season low in rushing for the Jaguars with a total of just 67-yards.

Jacksonville suffered a letdown with its run defense, but limited Peyton Manning to just 229 yards through the air.

Bottom line: I'm expecting the Jaguars to be prepared for Grossman, and look for the much maligned pivot to return to his usual "sub par" self.

That said, I think the Redskins shamed defense will atone for its dismal performance last week, and over the second half of the season.

Jim Haslett's unit had 19 takeaways over the first eight contests, in which Washington won four of, but has a measly five over the past six games.