newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Tennis betting question

If you bet games in tennis (player x -5.5 games for example) how does the result of 7-6 (7-5) count in games. Does it count as 1 game or 2 games?

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

1 game
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave philliesfinest 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

newguy gave philliesfinest 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Thank you sir!

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Follow up to this. How are extra games counted in total games bets? I.e. if you bet over 13.5, is there any scenario where the over hits in 2 sets? Ie your player won first set (6 games) and second set person he is playing goes up 6-5 meaning it will take 8 games to win at least. Do all 8 count or regardless how many games it takes a player to win it’s counted as 7-5?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Follow up to this. How are extra games counted in total games bets? I.e. if you bet over 13.5, is there any scenario where the over hits in 2 sets? Ie your player won first set (6 games) and second set person he is playing goes up 6-5 meaning it will take 8 games to win at least. Do all 8 count or regardless how many games it takes a player to win it’s counted as 7-5?
    I read that 3 times and still not 100% sure what you are thinking.

But simple answer is the most games possible per set = 13. 6-6 plus a tie breaker game.

in your 6-5 scenario, that can only end 7-5 or again go to 6-6 and a tie breaker.

If it is a tournament that does not have a tie breaker in the final set (do any of those still exist?) then there will be special rules for the total in those tournies that should be listed on the bet offer page.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Haha. Sorry. I couldn’t figure out how to ask it. Easier way to ask: in fritz vs minaur today. How many games has fritz won through two sets? Score was 6-1 fritz, 7-6(5) de minaur.

Has fritz won 12 (6+6) or 11 (6+5) games?

Optional

Haha. Sorry. I couldn’t figure out how to ask it. Easier way to ask: in fritz vs minaur today. How many games has fritz won through two sets? Score was 6-1 fritz, 7-6(5) de minaur.

Has fritz won 12 (6+6) or 11 (6+5) games?
    Using your scores, Fritz won 6 games in the first set and 7 games in the 2nd set. Total 13

The (5) is how many points the losing player won in the tie break game. The tie break winner won 7 points to clinch it. We know that automatically. All of the tie break action is only counted as one service game for totals.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

I’m over complicating this somehow. In the second set fritz was loser. So based on what you wrote I think it means he was credited with 5 games in the second set?

Optional

I’m over complicating this somehow. In the second set fritz was loser. So based on what you wrote I think it means he was credited with 5 games in the second set?
    No, the (5) number means nothing at all toward totals. It's just how many points the tie break loser won.. POINTS, not GAMES... he won 5 points in the ONE tie breaker GAME.

Fritz is credited with 6 games won in the second set if he lost it 7-6