Login Search

THREADS! MOOOOOOAR THREEEEEEADS! My Fourth Pickin'-Thread <3

Last Post

could you please explain your staking, sometimes you bet 3 units, then you decide to put 10 or even 20 units on a single play.
i assume its the confidence in the strength of your pick, but 20 units on nishikori -7.5 seems a bit of.
i mean 20 fukkin units for a 7.5 games handicap, this looks a lit off to me but you won this pick nontheless.
bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by yatescutler View Post
could you please explain your staking, sometimes you bet 3 units, then you decide to put 10 or even 20 units on a single play.
i assume its the confidence in the strength of your pick, but 20 units on nishikori -7.5 seems a bit of.
i mean 20 fukkin units for a 7.5 games handicap, this looks a lit off to me but you won this pick nontheless.
bravo!
A unit is relative to the size of your bank-roll and it's up to you to decide just how much of it a unit of yours should make up. In my case the amount of units bet is related solely to estimated value and confidence (primarily the prior).

A unit approximates to 1 % of my original bank-roll, but as the latter has grown by a large amount recently the proportions have become slightly skewed.

I can't say I'm certain of what you mean by "lit off" but I had a huge wager on Nishikori covering -7.5 (as indicated by my post many hours before the match started) and fortunately it won. It matters jack shit how great the HC is, what matters is how likely I believe it to be covered (and that's im in the vicinity of right on average). As I've hinted to above, I bet this much of my money because I found him far more likely than 55 % of covering the spread. I rarely make write-ups as it's too time-consuming for me and would distract from actually finding good bets, but if anyone asks Jerzy shalt deliveth, and I do my best to answer as much as possible.

If you're questioning whether I'm betting a lot more on that pick than most others, it's both insulting and illogical as far as I'm concerned. Why the flying f*ck do you think I'm posting in the first place? Why do you think I keep a record? Why do you think I use units? Why does it matter all the same? What difference does it makes? I'm not posting live or post-lines, and these are the picks I've made regardless and the results are written on the wall for anyone to see. My thread is by far the most verifiable and trackable I have ever seen on this board – or any other public one, for that matter.

If you have some kind of issue with people who make certain wagers larger than others I would recommend simply maintaining a flat stake: Bet to win X units, or bet e units on every bet you make.

Bouchard is slightly overrated in general having not performed well in slams and struggles with lefties statistically. Dellacqua is playing at home having an insane strike of form recently. My only concern (again) is fatigue, but with cooler conditions and BO3 with a two-day rest I'm not that worried – It's only RO4.

Edit: RO 16 obviously... the fourth round.
Last edited by Hardcoar; 01-18-14 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
I'm a citizen of the world in truth. I feel at home nowhere and everywhere. I love all human beings by default, until they piss me off which tends to occur frequently.

I don't care one bit for nationalities.
reminds me of one of my favorite quotations...

"Patriotism is the refuge of scoundrels."