MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kohlschreiber over Raonic tonight.....here's why:

The way Kohlschreiber is playing, this line should be close to even money not Raonic -140. Books are putting too much confidence on Raonic's serve. It doesnt matter if Raonic serves 25 aces if he cant come close to breaking Kohl's serve (which at the moment is very solid as well).

I would rather have my money on the solid groundstrokes of Kohlschreiber. Raonic's groundstrokes have gone to the crapper the last several weeks and he's becoming Isner-esque....too one dimensional. If it happens to be a slightly windy day and Raonic cant get those first serves in, it will be a long day for the canadian. The match will swing heavily in Kohl's favor should this go to a 4th or 5th set as Raonic's fitness cant withstand a 3-4 hr match.

Getting Kohlschreiber at +125 is extra icing on the cake.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Best of luck on your play.....I'm putting three bills on the german:

Wager Type : Money Line
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 330.00 / 412.50(USD)
    Accepted : 1/18/2013 8:42PM - PST

Sport / Period : ATP Match Betting Tennis / Game
    Selection : P. Kohlschreiber
    Time : 1/18/2013 9:45:01PM - (PST)
    Line : +125
    Game Notes : MATCH WAGERING - A full set must be completed for money line wagers to have action. The spread and total are based on sets and the full match must be completed for action. On first set betting, 1st set must be completed for money line wagers to be valid.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolute toss-up to me. Seen Kohli lay some absolute duds when he looks to be in good form. Still a tough surface for him too despite some good success in Auckland, but that's been a good tourney for him. He's been a good TB player this year, so that's a plus. This could be a TI burial though, they are heavy tipping Kohlschreiber over there in this one. Good luck, no play for me on this - but am looking forward to watching some.

Do agree on the price, but when the F do the books get prices close to accurate in tennis?

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Well good luck to you. I only have 20€ on Raonic so it's not that bad if I lose. If I lose at least you win!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Absolute toss-up to me. Seen Kohli lay some absolute duds when he looks to be in good form. Still a tough surface for him too despite some good success in Auckland, but that's been a good tourney for him. He's been a good TB player this year, so that's a plus. This could be a TI burial though, they are heavy tipping Kohlschreiber over there in this one. Good luck, no play for me on this - but am looking forward to watching some.

Do agree on the price, but when the F do the books get prices close to accurate in tennis?
    Have you also noticed that the books tend to over favor big servers? If you pick a good spot like today where there's slight wind, some of these big servers are not as effective.....perfect example Del Potro currently.

Put your money on someone with solid groundstrokes like a Kohlschreiber and I think you'll get an edge.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Admittedly, I'm cheering for the Canadian player, but I think you're on the right side with your wager. Kohlschreiber should win it in 4 if he plays as expected.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Man that women's doubles match took forever .....time for the big boys to play.

Gl everyone

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Raonic at -110 baby! Was originally leaning Kohl but Raonic is a better player when both are on form. With you on K D Krumm though

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

It's over .....Raonic's serving too good today. Even his second serves are killers. Kohl didnt have a chance today when Raonic is spot on like that.

Congrats to all Raonic backers

2014millionaire
    2014millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

eww gonna be straight sets. well that prediction was terrible

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

still one of the flakiest dudes on tour, but i thought he stood a good shot too. better luck next time

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Roanic saved my night last night!! WHEW! I thought this was a bad spot for Kohl with that serve for Raonic clicking the way it has been this week. Not bad value on Kohl, but Raonic was just way too good last night. With Cilic losing, I needed Raonic bigtime. I didn't see this thread, but took Raonic in my thread.

I always respect your work MDF. Keep up the great work and, as for me, I do value your input and insight into the picks you post online. Tough break on that one bud, but good luck on the next one for sure!