jaypavs
    jaypavs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Topcat sports book

A month or so ago I did some research on Topcat sports because I was interested in using them. Of course I came here (SBR) to see what their rating was and found that they had a C rating. The only reason I could, find for the average rating, was that they had some payout issues earlier this year. All books who used Neteller had banking problems at that time. Other than that problem, which I learned they corrected within a couple of weeks, I could find no other reason not to trust them.

I posted up with them after having a horrible couple of months of football. I then went a hot streak and ran my bankroll up a few thousand dollars. I of course put in a payout request for that amount and received my funds well within the time frame I was told.

Do what you will with this info, I figure with all the horror stories about scam sports books floating around it should be pointed out when there is a solid trustworthy sports book that you can depend on to pay when you win.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

Bettrojan, I presume ?

They were always fair with me.

jaypavs

From what I understand Betrojan and Topcat are the same. I am with the Topcat site.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are ok book

chano
    chano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Solid, for sure!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Topcat has been booking credit players for over 20+ years now, and are very professional about it too I might add. Their first attempt at going post up years ago was a flop, but it does look like they made adjustments to correct the mistakes with BetTrojan.

The one thing about BetTrojan is that they are more of a recreational type book. Also they currently have no outstanding complaints levied against them at this time.

Mike does visit the forums from time to time and seems to listen to his clients in regards to what they want.

BTW... Hey Mike, if your reading this please remove the [iSBRFORUM]Omega Internet Solutions[/iSBRFORUM] banner on your deposit options.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetTrojan just copies lines from Don Best, they don't have a linesmaker on staff.

jaypavs

I am not sure what difference that makes, by the way I don't subscribe to Donbest, don't all the books pretty much follow the leaders in what their lines will be. I don't think there is much difference from one sports book to the next when it comes to lines and if there is you have to be concerned when a book has lines that are different because that usually means they are incompetent or don't care because they are not going to pay anyway. Topcat paid me and that is all that matters.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Most books do use the copy cat type lines like that Jaypavs. I don't hold that against anyone for riding others coat tails in that type of fashion either. In fact it's sometimes an advantage really if your a bonus hunter and know who's lines a book is using.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

95% books copy lines from the big 3 or so, actually a good idea.

There is no need for a book to make their own lines, ect

sofos
    sofos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

TopCat (BetTrojan) group

I dealt with BetTrojan. I received a small bonus initially. I bet there relatively small because they had excellent lines and reduced juice. I was lucky enough to win a little. They cut my limits to half and shortly afterwards booted me. They were very clear about their decision, they said, and I quote, "we don't take sharp action". I don't really consider myself "sharp" but they did. They paid me whatever was my balance. Interestingly they charged a small fee for paying me my final balance because there had not been enough time between that payment and the prior withdrawal or something like that. I called and talked to them about this and they were very understanding and waved the fee. I liked dealing with them. I would still do if they 'd have me.

Vietbet
    Vietbet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have never heard a bad thing about them.

jaypavs

Sofos

They did tell me that if I was going to play line moves, which I do not, they would shut my account down and return my money. It was explained to me that they wouldn't tolerate someone waiting for a line change then placing a wager within seconds of the line change right before they could make the adjustment. I think that is fair and they informed me of that upfront.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Vietbet View Post
    I have never heard a bad thing about them.
    Try betting their on a line thats better than Pinnacle. Your opinion will change pretty quickly.

To all those who say it's no big deal they just copy Don Best, that may be true if they actually moved their lines when other books do.

It becomes a problem when they don't bother changing their lines, then make you out to be the bad guy when you bet the game.

jaypavs

Quote Originally Posted by Igetp2s View Post
    Try betting their on a line thats better than Pinnacle. Your opinion will change pretty quickly.

To all those who say it's no big deal they just copy Don Best, that may be true if they actually moved their lines when other books do.

It becomes a problem when they don't bother changing their lines, then make you out to be the bad guy when you bet the game.
    I would agree that it would be wrong for any book to blame its players for betting a line that they neglected to change. I don't believe any book who operated in that fashion would last in the business. I think they are talking about people who wait around for a line change and jump on it before it is changed, were talking seconds. I would think it pretty easy for a book to figure out who is playing that game and put an end to it.