syder
    syder's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gamebookers / Partybets Double Your Winnings??

Hi - just wondered did anyone do this Gamebookers Double Your Winnings horseracing promo and did they pay you double (assuming your horse won)?

http://www.gamebookers.com/cgi-bin/intro.cgi?sp=27

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their match-bet stake will be used to calculate your increased payout, but will not be returned with your initial wager on winning bets.

syder

bigboydan its a bit more of a problem than that - my winnings were several hundred £ but they only paid me £25 bonus.

Their customer services have given me 2 different reasons why I only got £25 - one is that the bonus is capped at £25($50) and the other is only my 5th horse won so it doesn't qualify (the second reason they have since admitted was an error).

Anyway I filled out your complaints form the other day so hopefully something will come of it.

bigboydan

Hopefully we can straighten this mess out for you with them, however they are pretty petty when it comes others handling player disputes. Or at least they are when it comes to a confiscation type issue.

Jamie_UK
    Jamie_UK's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have done this before , they word it in a way that is very misleading EG they say something like
    Stake match offer , bet £10 @ 2/1 and we return £40
    But, in fact , your bonus is actually limited to the value of your stake , so £25 is the maximum bonus on the first horse racing wager. I know a few people who have backed a 7/1 shot and laid it on an exchange but the horse won, expecting to be paid out the winnings from the value of a matched stake , but not realising all you get is the matched stake, not the actual winnings. Incidentally , this is not the first time Party Gaming has behaved like this.

syder

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Hopefully we can straighten this mess out for you with them, however they are pretty petty when it comes others handling player disputes. Or at least they are when it comes to a confiscation type issue.
    Thanks - its appreciated.

Regarding the terms and conditions for this they are quite long / legal sounding and look as though they have spent a lot of time wording them. Having said that i've read through them several times I still think they've made a mistake with my payout. The "Matched Amount" mentioned in the t+c is definitely capped at $50 however it says they will add the 'Matched Amount' to the stake - (and not just add it to the winnings as they have in my case). There's nothing about the winnings being capped at all.

Trying to explain this to their customer services is just impossible though.

syder

This is what it says:

During the Promotion Period we will match the stake (“Matched Amount”) of any Qualifying Player who makes any single bet or a combination bet on a Horse Racing Event (a “Qualifying Bet”).
    Our offer of a Matched Amount is strictly capped at a maximum of fifty United States Dollars (US $50.00). By way of example only if you make a Qualifying Bet of ten United States Dollars (US $10) (your “Initial Stake”) at odds of 2/1 then we will add the Matched Amount of a further ten United States Dollars (US $10.00) to your Initial Stake (“Total Bet”). In the event that your Qualifying Bet is successful and you are a winner then you will receive:

(i) two (2) times the Total Bet; in the example above this being forty United States Dollars (US $40.00); and

(ii) your Initial Stake; in the example above this being ten United States Dollars (US $10.00).

For the avoidance of doubt you will not be entitled to retain the Matched Amount and it will be deducted from your winnings.

bigboydan

Say your lowest bet was $5 and then placed $15 as your 5th bet (total $20). They will pay out as if you had bet $20.

syder

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Say your lowest bet was $5 and then placed $15 as your 5th bet (total $20). They will pay out as if you had bet $20.
    This is what I thought but in my case lowest stake was £25, 5th stake was £25 but they didn't pay out as if I had bet £50.

bigboydan

Your inquiring of this one had me a bit more curious in regards to their position on this one. So what I did was I just sent them an Email a little while ago and asked for a little more clarification on this one. I'll post my findings if they do indeed Email me back with their response.

bigboydan

Heres the reply I just received back from PartyBets/Gambookers on my inquiry on your behalf Syder.

Dear Dan,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.
    A search of our records based on your e-mail address has not generated a match to an active account with us. For security reasons we are not allowed to respond to an unregistered e-mail address.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you need any further assistance.
    Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Kindest Regards,
    Ivo
    Gamebookers Customer Service
    Needless to say I don't have an account there, because I'm not allowed to play there (wouldn't even if I could). However, as you can clearly see they wouldn't even give me a clarification of the situation.

Teddy_KGB
    Teddy_KGB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6074

partyshit double your winning, then cut your limits to $5. Or they close your account with your balance.

bigboydan

Unfortunately I know of the bad experiences you have had with them in the past Teddy, and I concur with your sentiments towards this jip joint.