potsie
    potsie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

VIP Free $500! Come back to the US!

I received an email from VIP.com today and was offered a free $500, not a deposit bonus, just $500 for wagering. I'm sure the rollover is enormous, but who cares. I logged in and got it for free, I figured there would be some hidden catch. With all of the campaigning in recent weeks by VIP and Nine.com to their existing USA clients, what is their endgame? Is a return to the USA possible? They are a North American facing book that will die via attrition without allowing new depositors. If you used to play with VIP, look in your junk mail for the bonus email.

diglett
    diglett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not long ago, they offered me a 40% bonus which I accepted. And a free $50 on top of that.

I also wonder what their strategy will be.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Good post potsie.

They certainly will not be able to maintain their rating. They will become risker over time unless they figure out a way to get new customers in the door.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

VIP is virtually done

louis
    louis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 431

The problem is the publicity has been that they do not accept US customers. Of course, this is not true for existing customers; What they need to do is make sure they advertise the truth and stop the rumors. They don't need bonuses, just better communication.

Tunes
    Tunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

I was (maybe still am) one of their platinum customers. To me, the customer service has always been great....it's just that I find WSEX and MB so much better.

But the next time they offer me something free will be the first time they offer me something free. I was betting a nickel or a dime a game, they never offered me 40% or $500 or anything to reload there.

cartay
    cartay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    The problem is the publicity has been that they do not accept US customers. Of course, this is not true for existing customers;.
    Do they say this publicly? (Not that I'm in the position right now to return, but lots of us still have "old" accounts)

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Potsie I've gotten this offer, as well as a free $1K at Gameday with a 150% deposit bonus! I'm thinking something really fishy is going on here, as these books have been completely failing and I think are making a last ditch effort here. I spoke to a manager today, and he sounded REALLY desperate to say the least. The whole conversation and desperation left me feeling quite uneasy...

diglett
    diglett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cartay View Post
    Do they say this publicly? (Not that I'm in the position right now to return, but lots of us still have "old" accounts)
    This is an excerpt from an email that I and probably all US customers received in February.

You are part of an Elite Group

Premium customers like you have contributed to our success over the years, and we intend to once again increase our commitment to you. Effective immediately, VIP.com will no longer accept new customers from the United States. This means exclusive focus on you, one of our preferred customers.