vmchockey
    vmchockey's Avatar Become A Pro!

NHL Live Betting

Anyone have any sites that do this, and if so, any favorites? Peez and thanks

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13586

BetFair does, and Pinnacle offers intermission betting, neither of which of course will amount to much if you're in the States. Anyway, that's the extent of my experience with NHL Live.....

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

bet365 has the most variety for live betting , pinnacle live isn't very good IMO, there is always the issue of limits at bet365, but i would worry about that when it happens

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

betfair,bet365,willhill my favorite is 12bet.

frauhanna
    frauhanna's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree 12bet!!!

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sportsinteraction has a lot of live betting. Other than that I would recommend you to go to a european facing bookie. They are light years ahead of bookies like 5dimes, pinnacle or any of the offshore ones.

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

These live-betting things do get a little tricky sometimes, especially in soccer and hockey when you are betting against the book and not through an exchange where you are betting against the other players.

When you are betting against the other players, it's easy for the book to take the commission and "anything goes" with the betting, as it is one person vs. the other. One player may get the worst of it, but no one is going to be put out of business, like the book, for example. I'm not judging here, just stating the facts.

However, when the book stands to get crushed by someone who can place a bet as the puck or soccer ball is hitting the back of the net, it's a different dynamic. That's where all the stuff starts. I've never done live soccer, but I do believe they freeze betting when the ball gets fairly close to the net. I'm not sure what other "safeguards" they use, but I can guarantee they've had some lively disputes on some "in-play" wagers.

I'm pretty sure any live betting on hockey is done when the play is stopped, at best, and probably between periods.
    I'd love to hear more from those who know.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Climate View Post
    That's where all the stuff starts. I've never done live soccer, but I do believe they freeze betting when the ball gets fairly close to the net. I'm not sure what other "safeguards" they use, but I can guarantee they've had some lively disputes on some "in-play" wagers.

I'm pretty sure any live betting on hockey is done when the play is stopped, at best, and probably between periods.
    I'd love to hear more from those who know.
    If you can you should check out bet365's live betting. You may not be able to use it if you are american, but you'll be able to see how superior they are in terms of live betting. You will see that they don't really freeze betting when the ball is "fairly close" to the net in soccer. They usually only suspend betting if there is a penalty or a free kick in a very dangerous position. Other than that they move the odds around a lot depending on the situation and where the ball is. But it isn't a lot of hassle at all as the software is great and you just have to click once to accept the new odds.

With hockey you get to bet pretty much all the time during the match (except for when there is a penalty obviously). I think with baseball they sometimes suspend betting if it is a close match and a runner on 3rd/a possible grand slam situation.

They have a 6-7 second delay though.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

agree bet365 live betting superior to anyone, the odds are changing in real time, and the options are always there not just at intermission like pinny

menang8
    menang8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Correct! Bet365, the real betting!

frauhanna
    frauhanna's Avatar Become A Pro!

For me when it comes to NHL betting I must prefer to use 12bet as they really offer great odds.