CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Has anyone been paid by Betmania in the last year?

Thinking of posting up there. I see it's B rated.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It seems to be part of the skybook/Phoenix Group

Decent long time group

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7066

I was paid by Phoenix end of March. Payout took 3 days after completing $20,000 rollover. Rollover high, but I've been paid many times over the years with no problems.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i would suggest not depositing too much

canuck, you're smart enough that they might limit you really quick to $75 and then boot you

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Listen to Mike. They will limit you quickly. In the end, it will be a big headache.
    Points Awarded:

frankthetank gave ace7550 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Yes, deposited $400 at the start of March Madness took a 200% 18x roll, had a good tournament, followed up with some NBA NHL and MLB to meet the rollover, cashed out $1500 and left a few bucks to mess around with. Average bet size was $50-$150. It took about 3 business days to get a BC payout which was a bit slow, but otherwise, no issues.

I will warn you that their props and menu is a bit limited compared to other shops. But I've had no issues in the last 10 years. I'm not sure I would keep a huge bankroll there, but if you stay <$2500, I don't think it would be risky. Customer Service is decent.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

at one time this group was pretty good, skybook, bet phoenix and betmania. they have changed over the last few years offering high bonuses and cut limits quickly. I no longer play there once they cut my limits

jjgold

I doubt any issues getting paid

Play by the rules

RocketMan$$$
    RocketMan$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Yes, I would say deposit between 300 and 500.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i would suggest not depositing too much

canuck, you're smart enough that they might limit you really quick to $75 and then boot you
    I didn’t realize it was $250 max on pro sports and $125 on other sports. That’s crazy.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    I didn’t realize it was $250 max on pro sports and $125 on other sports. That’s crazy.
    wow these books must barely be making it

I would think very underfunded with not many players

I am surprised book family that has been around so long

I guess owners blew it all on coke and women

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

In my opinion not worth the headache. Lines post late, game limits low, and if you win there is a payout limit (even with BTC) that they will string out for a month.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Listen to Mike. They will limit you quickly. In the end, it will be a big headache.
    This
    Bubblegum shop

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

my favorite move of theirs is to get you to deposit and take a bonus, start you off with a monster rollover by way of some gorilla math, and then drop your limits to $50 a game so it will take you 6 months to meet it.

skip this place

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

Quote Originally Posted by Miz View Post
    my favorite move of theirs is to get you to deposit and take a bonus, start you off with a monster rollover by way of some gorilla math, and then drop your limits to $50 a game so it will take you 6 months to meet it.

skip this place
    Promised me 250% bonus- I deposit. Sorry, best we can do after "account review" is 100% with 28x rollover.

Screw them.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

that sucks. my move under those conditions is "okay, i want no bonus and standard 1x rollover"

solring
    solring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3434

Quote Originally Posted by Miz View Post
    Six months is generous... I wish I could complete the rollover is six months... currently sitting at 10 months and counting... and will, probably, have to wait for football season to start again to clear it...

CanuckG

Yeah I regret posting up there

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Surprised at all the hate.

Definitely a rec shop, regularly drop limits to $250 on anyone who looks sharp and takes a bonus, but they have good bonuses and you rarely hear complaints about anything much apart from limits. From my point of view, they are also very easy to deal with and fair minded in any grading type disputes I've been involved in.

I don't think the suggestions they are unreliable payers are fair based on the long forum history they have had here. Personally I'd consider them very safe money wise. They have a successful model and they manage it tightly. I'd think they are doing pretty well.

jjgold

Optional correct

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I agree that this family of books are safe money wise. They pay fairly quickly too. They're also definitely recreational.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Definitely a rec shop, regularly drop limits to $250 on anyone who looks sharp and takes a bonus, but they have good bonuses and you rarely hear complaints about anything much apart from limits. From my point of view, they are also very easy to deal with and fair minded in any grading type disputes I've been involved in.

I don't think the suggestions they are unreliable payers are fair based on the long forum history they have had here. Personally I'd consider them very safe money wise. They have a successful model and they manage it tightly. I'd think they are doing pretty well.
    By regularly drop limits you mean the starting limits are $250. Even for a new player.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

This book and fam sucks balls pretty hard ,U don't even know the hassle playing hear gives u. Never again for me, I hope you guys save your self the trouble and headaches that come with it.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

They will pay you if you manage to meet one of their gigantic roll overs.
    They will also increase juice on you if they deem you non-recreational.
    Long story short, if you plan to deposit and lose this is a great shop. However, if you plan on winning the RO will be long and arduous and they will limit you and increase your juice along the way.
    They don't end up having to pay people very often. Just check the SBR monthly payout reports. The last time somebody reported a payout by betmania was January. And there are no reported payouts for skybook so far this year. That should tell you all you need to know.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    By regularly drop limits you mean the starting limits are $250. Even for a new player.
    Often people have reported starting with a $500 limit and having it cut to $250 during rollover.

I don't think I have seen a new account hit harder than that.

Milw Mike's experience is probably about as harsh as they get.

They will just pay and boot you if they dont want your action. Not limit you down to the level of 'theft'.

They really are rec though. No use expecting to find great value and win consistently and keep the account.

Frank
    Frank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9825

Back in the day I had an account at Mania, Phoenix, Sky, Wagerchief.

They cut my limits at all 4 at the same time.

They then locked all my accounts and asked me to call.

I called and they said we will make a deal with you and combine all 4 accounts to Phoenix and give me 500 limits.

I ended up losing around 7k, or whatever my total balance was, in about a week.

I tried to redeposit and they kicked me out.

This was probably at least 7 or 8 years ago.

Looks like they still hate anyone who doesn't just donate.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7066

They called me a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to deposit. i said I withdrew $700 in March, and didn't I have to replace it before getting another bonus. CS said no, the would give me $200% FP with a 20X RO. Went for it, nothing left but a bunch of NHL futures which are paying great (as long as Tampa doesn't win). I've always liked BetPhoenix, never had a problem. I've withdrawn a few times and deposited a lot too. I think I'm limited to $250 which is as much as I bet anyway. Rollovers are high but easy to complete when NFL is on as their props are slow to change and can easily roll $2000 a day on those.

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

The problem is that they advertise the 150% bonus or whatever it is now and do not say anything about the limits. Rollovers are fine but you have to warn customers about relatively low limits right up front. Otherwise it is deceptive. They started me with 250 off the bat. Mickey mouse sh--

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
    The problem is that they advertise the 150% bonus or whatever it is now and do not say anything about the limits. Rollovers are fine but you have to warn customers about relatively low limits right up front. Otherwise it is deceptive. They started me with 250 off the bat. Mickey mouse sh--
    Yes the $250 limits has made it difficult. Can bet $250 on a side and then $250 as soon as it goes live. Strange you cant re bet it once the price changes.

RocketMan$$$

I doubt I will play there again, since I won't be eligible for a bonus. Requested BTC Tuesday and they say it might be ready on Monday. This day and age that is too long to wait for a BTC payout.

jjgold

Any place not paying within 8 hrs time to leave

RocketMan$$$

I have been playing at BetMania for years. Requesting 2 K via Bitcoin and now needs manger approval. WTF, since I won't be receiving any free plays due to my recent payout. I won't be playing there again . Every book should pay BTC by the next day.

Fishhead

This

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Any place not paying within 8 hrs time to leave
    Stop

Sea Turtle
    Sea Turtle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1101

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

This