stekos88
    stekos88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

William hill - two and a half years of verification

Hello.

I have a problem with williamhill.com. I registered at williamhill.com on 05/26/2018 and on the same day made 5 deposits to them through a neteller of $ 50, $ 300, $ 500, $ 800 and $ 1300. At first I was unlucky, but then I managed to win and my balance became 4190.47 USD. I decided to withdraw money and williamhill asked for documents for verification. I sent them my documents, but they closed my account and for two and a half years they demanded more and more documents from me. I work abroad, but when I came home, I immediately sent williamhill whatever they asked. Each time I took new photos.

Here is a list of what I submitted to williamhill over two and a half years:

-Photo of passport
    -A photograph of the document confirming the address
    -Selfie with a passport and a document confirming the address
    -Selfie with a passport and a piece of paper on which my username and account number are written
    -Photo of a new document confirming the address of residence
    -Selfie with a new document confirming the address of residence
    -New selfie with a piece of paper on which my username and account number are written
    -New selfie with a piece of paper on which my login and account number are written and a document confirming the address of residence
    -Screenshots of neteller showing deposits at williamhill
    -Screenshot of a neteller that shows my personal details
    -New selfie with a document confirming the address of residence
    -New selfie with a piece of paper on which my username and account number are written
    -New selfie with passport-New selfie with another proof of address
    -New selfie with another piece of paper on which my username and account number are written
    -New photo of another document confirming the address of my residence
    -New photo of my passport-New screenshot neteller with my personal data
    -Screenshots of letters from neteller (which come to the mail automatically after the deposit), which show that I made a deposit to them.-New selfie with passport-New selfie with a piece of paper on which my username and account number are written
    -New selfie with a document confirming the address of residence-New selfie with a passport and a document confirming the address of residence
    -New selfie with passport in another room (They asked to be photographed in another room)
    -New selfie with a document confirming the address of residence in another room
    -New selfie with a passport and a document confirming the address of residence in another room
    -New photo of the document confirming the address of residence
    -New screenshot neteller with personal data
    -New screenshots of neteller showing deposits at williamhill
    -Photo of my military ID-Photo of my bank statement
    -Selfie with military ID-Selfie with bank statement-Photo of a statement from my bank account of another bank
    -Photo of a new bank statement
    -Selfie with a new bank statement from another bank
    -Selfie with a new bank statement from a different angle
    -Selfie with passport
    -New photo of military ID
    -New selfie with military ID
    -Photo of my birth certificate
    -Selfie with passport and birth certificate
    -New passport photo
    -New photo of military ID
    -New photo of birth certificate
    -New selfie with new bank statement

But they were constantly not satisfied with the quality of the photos. I rented a professional camera.

The following photos were taken with a professional camera:

-New photo of my passport (professional camera)
    -New photo of my military ID (professional camera)
    -New photo of my birth certificate (professional camera)
    -New selfie with my birth certificate (professional camera)
    -New selfie with my military ID (professional camera)
    -New selfie with my passport (professional camera)
    -New selfie with my military ID and passport (professional camera)
    -Screenshots of neteller showing deposits at williamhill

These are only the documents sent to williamhill that I sent them from the mail. However, I have uploaded documents many times through the support chat. If you need screenshots of sent letters with documents, then let me know and I will provide you with these screenshots.

However, very often they do not respond to letters. Once I sent them documents and they promised to answer me within 24 hours. That day I went to work abroad and returned home a month later. I checked my inbox but there was no response from them. Then I wrote a letter to them myself and asked if they had checked my documents, but in a response letter they asked me to provide new documents.

I always sent them documents that they asked for, but they constantly demanded new photos from me, I sent them new photos, but they demanded more and so on ad infinitum. They were not even satisfied with the photographs of my documents, which I took with a professional camera.

Now they sent me a letter:We are writing to you in connection with the data verification procedure.

"We must inform you that we were unable to establish the validity of the documents you provided.Subject to clause 12.6, if we close your account and terminate the Terms of Use pursuant to 11 ("Collusion, misleading, fraudulent and criminal activity") clause 20 ("Violation of the Terms of Use") of these General Terms, your account balance will not be returned and will be deemed lost by you. "

This is after I sent them about 20-30 screenshots, 50 photographs of documents, my selfies with these documents in two years.
    Last edited by stekos88; 11-19-20 at 08:17 PM.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

Use paragraphs bro. Unreadable

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    To his excuse: It's probably SBR's code which destroyed the formatting.

I don't understand though why people don't post-check their posts.

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

I read it. Send in a complaint to SBR and hopefully they can sort this for you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stekos88

stekos88

Quote Originally Posted by caramba View Post
    I read it. Send in a complaint to SBR and hopefully they can sort this for you.
    I left a complaint two days ago, but so far I have not received any response from SBR

stekos88

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Sorry bro. Now I have fixed everything.

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Quote Originally Posted by stekos88 View Post
    I left a complaint two days ago, but so far I have not received any response from SBR
    OK. Cool. Give it some time. It's ridiculous what William Hill has put you through.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

That's definitely a weirdly extensive set of requests.

They had to have had doubts in both directions to keep asking for all that.

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

They try to discourage you. Contact them with a lawyer and they will pay straight away.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Joke... these sportbooks

lonnie55

Where are you from, OP?

stekos88

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Where are you from, OP?
    I'm from Belarus

stekos88

None of the other bookmakers asked me for so many documents. The maximum is a photo of a passport, a photo of an address document and a selfie.
    Bookmakers in which I played before were happy with everything and they accepted documents from me immediately, but William Hill tells me they are not satisfied with my documents even after 50 photos sent, including photos using a professional camera. This is very strange, very.
    If someone thinks that I am exaggerating, then I can provide the moderator with screenshots of each sent letter with documents to William Hill.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's definitely a weirdly extensive set of requests.

They had to have had doubts in both directions to keep asking for all that.

Opti if this is true (not at all doubting the OP) then this is ridiculous. I mean come one. There's no way the OP took that many pictures and all of them were blurry, shaded odd, etc.

What would cause all of this verification? What doubts weren't solve after the first 10 pictures? I get that he send a message then left the country. That timing could red flag, not hearing from the guy for a month, even if they did nothing during thtat time. Maybe he accessed the account from another country, and they red flagged him.

But all these requests? In 2020? Nevermind the 2020 part, that would explain everything by itself...lol.

Seriously though, this is WH. I don't get it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Opti if this is true (not at all doubting the OP) then this is ridiculous. I mean come one. There's no way the OP took that many pictures and all of them were blurry, shaded odd, etc.

What would cause all of this verification? What doubts weren't solve after the first 10 pictures? I get that he send a message then left the country. That timing could red flag, not hearing from the guy for a month, even if they did nothing during thtat time. Maybe he accessed the account from another country, and they red flagged him.

But all these requests? In 2020? Nevermind the 2020 part, that would explain everything by itself...lol.

Seriously though, this is WH. I don't get it.
    I can't think of a reasonable explanation.

It kind of sounds like WH staff kept flick passing the "problem" by just asking for more instead of making a decision call each time.

Why that would happen might be something about the red flag on account that was too much for junior staff to ignore/overrule.

The UK regulatory environment has books paronoid about not catching every offense or problem gambler.

Just total guesses.

stekos88

I have not used any programs on my computer, I have not used proxy vpn, etc. When I was abroad, I did not log into either William Hill account or my mail. Because I read that you can get a ban for changing the IP. I played from my computer from home internet in my country only. All correspondence was conducted from my home Internet.

I received letters from the English support team (@ williamhill.co.uk) very often, but I did not understand why. I asked them why the English support service wrote to me, but they did not answer this question and ... they asked for more and more documents.

It all seemed very strange to me, and I decided to analyze my actions in order to understand why they behave with me this way.

I started from the very beginning in order and the first thing I went to their website williamhill.com Then I clicked the register button and saw that the default country is United Kingdom. You can see for yourself, go to their website right now and click register.

https://imgur.com/a/aFM32xG

I assumed I was getting an email from the English customer service because I might have registered as a resident of the United Kingdom by mistake. I immediately wrote to them in the mail about this. I wrote that if I really registered for another country by mistake, then let them change my country to Belarus and unblock my account. However, they did not answer me in any way. In a reply letter, they asked me for new documents. Later, they began to write to me from the Russian support service and also demanded documents from me.

Then I had no more versions left. I do not know what is happening and why williamhill blocked my account and does not pay me money.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22145

Why even bet with Wm. Hill? If you are a winner you will get the boot. Lines are bad, etc. Many better options than this sleazebag.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

William Hill needed all those photos and documents to make a huge pile so that they can proudly say: The Hill is ready.
    Every user should get through this KYC procedures. They need to KNOW who you are, you have to ask yourself who I am, Will I am Hill be able to get at least my deposits back? All deposits processed quickly no problem there.

I already blacklisted this $hit book years ago, just look at their piece of $hit user interface

stekos88

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    William Hill needed all those photos and documents to make a huge pile so that they can proudly say: The Hill is ready.
    Every user should get through this KYC procedures. They need to KNOW who you are, you have to ask yourself who I am, Will I am Hill be able to get at least my deposits back? All deposits processed quickly no problem there.

I already blacklisted this $hit book years ago, just look at their piece of $hit user interface
    Before signing up for william, I quickly looked through the ratings. William had good ratings and a reputation at first glance and I decided to play with them. If I spent a few hours and read reviews of other players on the Internet, then I would not play william. Now you can see what problems this turned out to be for me.

The smart learns from the mistakes of others, the fool learns from his own. I admit that I am a fool. Be smart and learn from my mistakes.

lonnie55

You're no fool. All in all, WH is considered rock-solid. They usually pay no matter how much you win. Yet there are many complaints, especially when it comes to KYC.

Your case is very specific, I have to admit. I've never seen someone been asked for so many documents.

I assume you already filed a complaint with UK Gambling Commission and/or IBAS?

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.u...-business.aspx

https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/ho...ise-a-dispute/
    Points Awarded:

Roscoe_Word gave lonnie55 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stekos88

You're no fool. All in all, WH is considered rock-solid. They usually pay no matter how much you win. Yet there are many complaints, especially when it comes to KYC.

Your case is very specific, I have to admit. I've never seen someone been asked for so many documents.

I assume you already filed a complaint with UK Gambling Commission and/or IBAS?

https://www.gamblingcommission.gov.u...-business.aspx

https://www.ibas-uk.com/consumers/ho...ise-a-dispute/

Thanks for the advice. I filed a complaint with the Gambling Commission, but they turned me down because I am not a resident of the United Kingdom. I also filed a complaint with IBAS, but have not yet received a response from them.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Back in 2011, WH never paid winnings and refunded my deposit, long story short:

Made a deposit around 2000 euros by credit card and immediately placed 1500 euros and 500 euros on 2 tennis bets (ATP, nothing fishy in these matches).

I was very new in betting and didn't know the verification would lead to problems. I am a European citizen but was living in Australia (where I stayed for about 2 years for work). I signed up as an Australian resident (since I was residing there). I provided passport copy + proof of residence with Australian address on it.

WH asked me to send a certified copy of my passport by mail to Gibraltar. The post office of the little Australian town I was living in certified the passport (had to pay for this), then I sent the copy by mail to Gibraltar.

Since that day, customer service never replied to me again, only automatic responses. They refunded my deposit on the credit card used.

I had about 1200 euros of winnings that they never paid, they basically kicked me out after 2 bets, probably because I was living in a different country to my passport (and of course because I won both bets).

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22145

They have been garbage since day one. Only want suckers to play there..................

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

Is there anywhere you can physically go to show your id?

wondered that for people in europe who get 5k 10k locked... cant you just go and physically hand id to someone?

stekos88

Quote Originally Posted by Poisec View Post
    Back in 2011, WH never paid winnings and refunded my deposit, long story short:

Made a deposit around 2000 euros by credit card and immediately placed 1500 euros and 500 euros on 2 tennis bets (ATP, nothing fishy in these matches).

I was very new in betting and didn't know the verification would lead to problems. I am a European citizen but was living in Australia (where I stayed for about 2 years for work). I signed up as an Australian resident (since I was residing there). I provided passport copy + proof of residence with Australian address on it.

WH asked me to send a certified copy of my passport by mail to Gibraltar. The post office of the little Australian town I was living in certified the passport (had to pay for this), then I sent the copy by mail to Gibraltar.

Since that day, customer service never replied to me again, only automatic responses. They refunded my deposit on the credit card used.

I had about 1200 euros of winnings that they never paid, they basically kicked me out after 2 bets, probably because I was living in a different country to my passport (and of course because I won both bets).
    I sympathize with you. Now on the Internet I see many similar stories.

stekos88

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    Is there anywhere you can physically go to show your id?

wondered that for people in europe who get 5k 10k locked... cant you just go and physically hand id to someone?

As far as I know, their offline offices are only in the United Kingdom. The distance from me to the United Kingdom is 2500 kilometers. In times of pandemic, this further complicates travel. Considering that they rejected 50 of my photos, I don't think that even if I came to them, they would pay me. I hope the SBR will help me.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

yeah maybe not for 4k and 2500km, but I just wondered as it could be an option for some.

best of luck