cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

Quote Originally Posted by spreek View Post
    Another option is monitoring their prices and trying to catch them out when they get off market (and/or trying to freeroll them on price changes during volatile periods using the short grace period to accept/decline a trade).
    What are the volatile periods when I could try to get a better btc price when I convert btc to usd? Are there more volatile times in a day or should I just try to convert on days when I see btc price dropping a lot? Do you know how much time i would have before initially setting up the btc to usd top up on crypto and when they would not accept the top up because market price changed?

spreek
    spreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

You only get like 20 seconds or something iirc. So it's pretty hard to freeroll them for very much. Still on the rare occasions I trade crypto there, I will check the market price and reject the trade if it doesn't move against me in the 20 seconds. There's no great way to time volatility except that it tends to cluster, so if you see that it's moved a lot one day, you might expect elevated volatility the rest of the day and try to get some sells in. But this is very marginal stuff anyway and would probably only save you a few tenths of a percent.

If you are very fee sensitive, I recommend going the longer route through another exchange and a bank account.

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

Unfortunately, these cards never seem to last long

cincy

My Crypto.com debit card works well but the $900 I staked in CRO is now only worth $600 since CRO price dropped from $0.09 to $0.06. But I notice i have $4,400 CRO above my 10,000 CRO stake. Not sure how i got all these extra CRO in only 2 months, I think it may be from 10% pa in CRO stake rewards and from cashback on purchases. Can I sell this 4404 CRO and still get the card benefits since i maintain the 10,000 CRO stake?
    I notice my debit card transaction history shows a $14.04 spotify and $15.19 netflix charge but I do not see a credit for the debit card even though the 10,000 CRO stake card is supposed to get a credit for these charges. Does anyone know how these charges get credited back to my account?
    Also, is there anyway to see debit cards transactions online and download them to Excel? I can see them in the phone app but I like to download transactions to Excel.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Card cashback, rebates and interest will be all that CRO. You can sell it as long as you keep the original stake, or you can stick it in supercharger and get around 10%.

It'd be nice if the company tried to stabilise the currency a bit though. From the time I've been watching, it's gone from 1c to 10c, back to 2.5c, up to 18c, and now back to 6c.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    My Crypto.com debit card works well but the $900 I staked in CRO is now only worth $600 since CRO price dropped from $0.09 to $0.06. But I notice i have $4,400 CRO above my 10,000 CRO stake. Not sure how i got all these extra CRO in only 2 months, I think it may be from 10% pa in CRO stake rewards and from cashback on purchases. Can I sell this 4404 CRO and still get the card benefits since i maintain the 10,000 CRO stake?
    I notice my debit card transaction history shows a $14.04 spotify and $15.19 netflix charge but I do not see a credit for the debit card even though the 10,000 CRO stake card is supposed to get a credit for these charges. Does anyone know how these charges get credited back to my account?
    Also, is there anyway to see debit cards transactions online and download them to Excel? I can see them in the phone app but I like to download transactions to Excel.
    Go into your Crypto Wallet and click on CRO. Scroll down. Should be breakdown of each transaction that got you to 4400 extra CRO. Click on the individual transactions to see the details.

cincy

Thanks. I see i get 19 CRO each week as stake rewards (about 1000 CRO per year) so i think this is the 10% annual amount of rewards for the 10K CRO I staked. They also credit the spotify/netflix rebates as CRO rewards but only credit $12.99 for spotify and $13.99 for netflix so it appears they do not credit the full amount I am charged. The rest of my CRO came from CRO credited as 3% cashback on purchases.
    The app appears to allow me to sell the CRO balance above my initial 10K stake so i think i can do this with no loss of benefits.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

Yep, guess they don't reimburse taxes on Spotify and Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    The app appears to allow me to sell the CRO balance above my initial 10K stake so i think i can do this with no loss of benefits.
    Correct.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

The various service reimbursements have a limit per month:

Spotify: USD 12.99 equiv (monthly subscription fees)
    Netflix: USD 13.99 equiv. (standard monthly subscription - HD, 2 screens)
    Expedia: USD 50 equiv.
    Amazon Prime: USD 12.99 equiv.
    Airbnb: USD 100 equiv.

First 12