louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Bovado bitcoin conversion

I made an acct with Bovado and sent some btc. But they are using some mb symbol and the number is wayyy lower than the usd amount of btc i sent.
    How do i convert or calculate what amount they credited to me? When i've sent btc to other books i still can play in usd. So i'm confused on how much money they are saying is in my acct.
    Last edited by louisvillekid; 04-29-20 at 06:38 PM.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

You mean Bovada?

The USD balance amount should be in the upper right corner of your screen with a "$". What do you mean by mb symbol? Post a screen shot or copy and paste the exact text from the page.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    You mean Bovada?

The USD balance amount should be in the upper right corner of your screen with a "$". What do you mean by mb symbol? Post a screen shot or copy and paste the exact text from the page.
    looks like a small m and a big B with a line through it. But i need know what that is in usd.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

0.001 BTC = 1mbtc
    Its all bitcoin

littlekona

Like right now 1 mbtc is like $8.55

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    0.001 BTC = 1mbtc
    Its all bitcoin
    that conversion doesn't work for what number it is showing beside whatever that symbol is in top right. Even in the FAQ on Bovada, it states everything gets converted to USD. But I'm getting some odd symbol.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Like right now 1 mbtc is like $8.55
    I sent 100 usd of btc, and the number i have beside that mB symbol is 16 point something.

littlekona

Did they give u a bonus? If not thats a great rate they gave you as its about 140$ 16mbtc

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Did they give u a bonus? If not thats a great rate they gave you as its about 140$ 16mbtc
    i guess, i didn't think i signed up for the bonus. I've just been puzzled as to whether i have 100 or not in there. I can't figure out how to make it show it USD. i went to wager and it still in this mB thingamajig. So i just wagered 1 single mB on a couple games.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Ask Bovada directly.

I have not even heard of them having the option to keep money in bitcoin for betting.

DontTailMe

0.001 BTC = 1mbtc
    Its all bitcoin
    Since when does Bovada keep account funds in bitcoin?

DontTailMe

Ohhhhh, wait. That must be what the below email is all about. I assumed they were just talking about exclusively bitcoin transactions. I was very confused as to why I received this email. I was even more confused when I clicked on the link to sign up and then later received an email saying "sorry but you already have an account with us". Yeah, no sheeit.

I guess Bovada is optionally a BTC book now!?!?

louisvillekid
    slummin it

Ohhhhh, wait. That must be what the below email is all about. I assumed they were just talking about exclusively bitcoin transactions. I was very confused as to why I received this email. I was even more confused when I clicked on the link to sign up and then later received an email saying "sorry but you already have an account with us". Yeah, no sheeit.

I guess Bovada is optionally a BTC book now!?!?

[IMG]
    F'n great. that must been what the option was about. it had a USD option but it was for CC's, or i assumed for CC's because it gave a drop down for ****, **, etc. But below that it had a bitcoin option, and since i was going to use that, i chose that option. I didn't realize it was going to make my acct be in all btc.

Heck, i been trying to signup for a week. Only doing it to tail some tout that is on fire with sim games of madden. lol.
    But anyway, i don't remember ever having a bovada acct, but i did have a bodog way back, used use ** to send and receive with them. So i don't know if my email was on file through them from back then somehow. Because when i tried sign up it said i already had an acct with that email. So i tried use the pw reset and it asked my pin and dob, but i don't know my pin or remember what dob i may of made up. And trying use their CS right now has been horrible, it's all auto-generated responses.
    Finally i just made a new email to sign up.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    F'n great. that must been what the option was about. it had a USD option but it was for CC's, or i assumed for CC's because it gave a drop down for ****, **, etc. But below that it had a bitcoin option, and since i was going to use that, i chose that option. I didn't realize it was going to make my acct be in all btc.

Heck, i been trying to signup for a week. Only doing it to tail some tout that is on fire with sim games of madden. lol.
    But anyway, i don't remember ever having a bovada acct, but i did have a bodog way back, used use ** to send and receive with them. So i don't know if my email was on file through them from back then somehow. Because when i tried sign up it said i already had an acct with that email. So i tried use the pw reset and it asked my pin and dob, but i don't know my pin or remember what dob i may of made up. And trying use their CS right now has been horrible, it's all auto-generated responses.
    Finally i just made a new email to sign up.
    So there was no bitcoin option under Viisa and M C if you selected USD account? I wonder if that means you can no longer transact with BTC if you create a new USD account. That would suck for people like me who aren't in the business of crypto price speculation but love BTC as a mechanism for moving funds in and out.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

So there was no bitcoin option under Viisa and M C if you selected USD account? I wonder if that means you can no longer transact with BTC if you create a new USD account. That would suck for people like me who aren't in the business of crypto price speculation but love BTC as a mechanism for moving funds in and out.
    tbh, not sure. i rush through things. i just know on the main page, after i chose sign-up, there was a narrow pop up window and it had a few basic things to fill out, and at the currency part where it showed USD, when i tapped it, i got a list of CC's, there may or may not of been a btc choice, i just seen CC's at quick glance, but under the USD there was the bitcoin tab, so my mind was like "well, i'm going use btc, so i guess i choose this one."
    But i thought everything would convert to USD.
    Lesson learned, i guess.
    Last edited by louisvillekid; 04-29-20 at 09:59 PM.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    tbh, not sure. i rush through things. i just know on the main page, after i chose sign-up, there was a narrow pop up window and it had a few basic things to fill out, and at the currency part where it showed USD, when i tapped it, i got a list of CC's, there may or may not of been a btc choice, i just seen CC's at quick glance, but under the USD there was the bitcoin tab, so my mind was like "well, i'm going use btc, so i guess i chose this one."
    But i thought everything would convert to USD.
    Lesson learned, i guess.
    If you don't want a BTC account ask support if you can convert to USD. Tell them you were confused. Worth a try.

louisvillekid
    slummin it

If you don't want a BTC account ask support if you can convert to USD. Tell them you were confused. Worth a try.
    true, if i can get through. i'm not a fan of the phone with these offshore's. And i think this one in lativa or some zhit, so definitely don't want to be calling lativa.
    I know their email support is horrible at the moment. Just sends same redundant auto-response answers. Doesn't seem like a real person is behind the reply, more like AI or some zhit.

I'll probably just ride my deposit out till i lose it, and just stick with BM and BOL as i have for years. I still got coin in BM right now.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

I got the invite yesterday for this. It's basically offering you better bonuses/rewards if you convert your account where you can only deposit/withdraw via Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash or voucher (withdrawal is only Bitcoin or voucher). It short, it takes away cc's as a deposit option and check/MO as a withdrawal option (the most expensive ones to process for them). You still bet in USD (it's not like Nitrogen where you bet in mBTC units).
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 05-25-20 at 07:45 PM.