NoNameForMe
    NoNameForMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Betfair closed account on "business grounds"

Hi guys,

Longtime ago (couple years) I made an account on BetFair because I was curious about sports trading as I was starting with option trading. I made an account, just looked around but I never deposited anything or placed a bet. Today I wanted to login to the account and I got an error saying that the account was deleted and I need to contact the helpdesk which I did. I got to chat with one of their guys. Here is the log:

Glenn: Hello welcome to Betfair you are chatting with Glenn. How can I help?
    Glenn:I haven't heard from you for a while. Are you still there?
    You: hello
    You: Yes,You: Longtime ago I created an account here but I havent logged into it for years now
    You: When I do a password request with the email it says that my account is closed and I need to contact the helpdesk
    You: the email adress is ***
    Glenn: No worries, I will be able to help. Do you remember the username or e-mail used for it?
    You: the email is ***
    Glenn: May I please have your date of birth and your father's first name, for security purposes?
    You: DOB is ***
    You: Name of my fatherYou: I have no idea what I filled in
    Glenn: No worries, can I please have your full address and postcode?
    You: ***
    You: my name is *** lastname is ***
    Glenn: Thanks, I am on the account now, however this can not be re-activated I am afraid, and you can not have another account with Betfair, sorry. This is a decision that can not be reversed, and was taken by our Account Security Team.
    You: Why?
    Glenn: It was closed on business grounds, ***.
    You: But I never even used that accountYou: So how can they even close it? That doesn't make sense.
    You: What do you mean with business grounds
    How the hell can they close an account I practically never used while they never notified me and I never had a second account, so how can they do this? They banned me from their services lol, how can you even ban someone who didn't even put one bet on your platform?

Don't know if any of those guys are reading this but I'm going to fill a complaint at the gambling commission. I posted this here to let the others know about the shady methods of this company.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

What country are you from? Betfair closed a lot of accounts these last few years from certain countries because they don't have the necessary licenses.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

^^^ Yeah it sounds like your area is no longer serviced by Betfair.

Or have you ever had a problem with bookmaker Paddy Power? They now own Betfair.

Not being able to "remember what you entered" for your father's first name would have set off a red flag anyway as well at a guess.

NoNameForMe

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    ^^^ Yeah it sounds like your area is no longer serviced by Betfair.

Or have you ever had a problem with bookmaker Paddy Power? They now own Betfair.

Not being able to "remember what you entered" for your father's first name would have set off a red flag anyway as well at a guess.
    I'm from the Netherlands. The thing is with these security questions they're not secure at all. Anyone who knows you knows probably the name of your father.

I also had created a topic on Askgamblers but it got rejected. They say it got terminated because of bonus abuse. How can I abuse the bonus if I never funded the account with even 1 cent, and I never had any other account on the platform. This is ridiculous.

Daddy89
    Im betting now! :)
    Daddy89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1207

How many bonuses did you get?
    Last edited by Daddy89; 08-10-18 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Update

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

So you open an account and let it sit for years without funding it and then you whine when it's closed? What, they're supposed to use server space for an inactive account? There are other online books if you're serious about funding an account and making bets. Get over it and move on.

NoNameForMe

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    So you open an account and let it sit for years without funding it and then you whine when it's closed? What, they're supposed to use server space for an inactive account? There are other online books if you're serious about funding an account and making bets. Get over it and move on.
    Read my intro post, I'm an options trader, back then when I started to learn to trade I also got interested into sports trading but I didn't use that account. I suggest you to read again, they banned me for what? Nothing? Now they accuse me of being a bonus rat, how can I be a bonus rat if I never deposit any money. Doesn't make sense eh. Seriously, so you believe it's a reason to not only delete but perma ban an individual who hasn't been using your platform for a couple years?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy89 View Post
    How many bonuses did you get?
    Nothing, I didn't even deposit 1 cent on the account. How can I abuse their bonus if I didn't even deposit money. If I could create tons of accounts and abuse their bonus system why the hell would I even try to access an old account?

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it are, the fact is they are not going to be reopening your account, so best to try and find an alternative solution. Be that via an agent or other means.

NoNameForMe

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Whatever the rights and wrongs of it are, the fact is they are not going to be reopening your account, so best to try and find an alternative solution. Be that via an agent or other means.
    You're absolutely right. If they act like this can you even imagine how they would act if I would cash out. I'll sign up for Betdaq.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Funny thread
    Betfaq lol garbage liquidity

Matchbook too not

Betfair via asianconnect

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameForMe View Post
    I'm from the Netherlands. The thing is with these security questions they're not secure at all. Anyone who knows you knows probably the name of your father.
    well, obviously never answer your security questions with an answer to the actual question. just make something up you will remember.