Yjacket22``
    Yjacket22``'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 799

API for Playing at Fairlay

I am new to betting exchanges but have been playing at Fairlay for a few weeks now. It is definitely different from playing at a traditional book but I like it. Would like to now learn how to set up and use an API. Would someone please tell me how to get started?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 550

Quote Originally Posted by Yjacket22`` View Post
    I am new to betting exchanges but have been playing at Fairlay for a few weeks now. It is definitely different from playing at a traditional book but I like it. Would like to now learn how to set up and use an API. Would someone please tell me how to get started?
    They offer lots of documentation and example code to build on to get started

https://fairlay.com/api/

Have you done any coding before? If not it will be tougher learning Python as you go, but is a good way to learn it.

Otherwise you will need to employ a coder and tell them what you want. freelancer.com an easy place to start finding one.

SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 48789

with an API what exactly are you hoping to do at that exchange. automatically with no typing set offers and accept offers? Or just monitor prices? or set up new markets?

what are examples of what all an API or different codes can do?

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

Yjacket22``
    Yjacket22``'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 799

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    with an API what exactly are you hoping to do at that exchange. automatically with no typing set offers and accept offers? Or just monitor prices? or set up new markets?

what are examples of what all an API or different codes can do?

I would like to know what all I could do with an API at Fairlay?? I just figured it must be a good tool to have around. After taking Optional's advice and looking at the website on API's it may be a little over my head though. I'm not an I T professional or anything close. Maybe that's the question I should have led off with. So, can anyone tell me how an API at Fairlay might benefit me?

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2524

I am interested in learning, but I'm a bit busy right now on some other projects. I want to learn how to be one of these market makers and maybe retire young, but part of me also thinks it would hard to make money as market maker or everyone would do it. Maybe I will open a book someday who knows. I'm interested but I already have a pretty good job and not sure it's worth risking legal trouble, but sure would be fun .

Let me know if you find out any more I am interested.

euronet
    euronet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

I would like to know what all I could do with an API at Fairlay?? I just figured it must be a good tool to have around. After taking Optional's advice and looking at the website on API's it may be a little over my head though. I'm not an I T professional or anything close. Maybe that's the question I should have led off with. So, can anyone tell me how an API at Fairlay might benefit me?
    Via Api you can do everything you can do via web site (webbrowser). Via API you act as regular user/bettor, you are working with your real money.
    You can make some alerts, for example if some odds drop to X value, then send sms, telegram, or similar.
    Anyway if you are not experienced IT developer, be aware that you can make error in code and lose your balance... I suggest if you want to start work with API, in first place use only read/get methods. For example to get events and current prices...
    I didn't find that FairLay offers demo API account.

And of course FairLay isn't only who have api. (betifar, pinnacle, matchbook, asianodds ...etc)

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 550

It's really only limited by your imagination. People use it many ways.

You might want a script to keep adjusting your offers to be best in market at all times until it reaches a certain risk amount or odds level.

You might want to do something similar but use it try and bet both sides of markets to "green out" for a guaranteed small profit each time.

You could create a script to do things like look for empty markets and post offers on them automatically, to catch recreational bettors just wanting to bet and not caring about odds.

You might have a strategy to look for matches in the last 5 mins where one team is being offered at 1.02 (-5000) or less and either take on all comers at those odds or bet against them... whatever your model suggests in that situation.

You might just monitor odds movement and use the information to trigger bets elsewhere.

You might just hate the fairlay interface and want to create your own 1 click quick bet interface.

Learning the scripting/programming is a lot easier than most people imagine. But learning enough to be sure you have everything right can take some time and effort. You don't need to be especially smart though. There is LOADS of tutorials and help forums available.

And if you are going to do it, it really is much much better to try to learn the basics yourself rather than pay someone from the word go. But paying someone isn't that expensive either. Plenty of competent 3rd world coders want jobs at 5 bucks an hour or less.

SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

$20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2018

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017