n00dle1
    n00dle1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Selecting alternate point spreads in parlays on bet365

Anyone ever did that?

For example, you have a 4-team parlay and one of the selections is -21.5, and you decide to take the -21 at -125 odds.

If so, did you get the standard parlay bonus offered by bet365?

King23
    King23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by n00dle1 View Post
    Anyone ever did that?

For example, you have a 4-team parlay and one of the selections is -21.5, and you decide to take the -21 at -125 odds.

If so, did you get the standard parlay bonus offered by bet365?
    Parlay bonus also goes down

n00dle1

Quote Originally Posted by King23 View Post
    Parlay bonus also goes down
    I am not sure I understand. Do you mean the parlay bonus percentage goes down?

Let's say a 4-teamer pays 12.28 to 1. You buy a point on a couple of games to make them -133 each.

That would make your effective parlay payout 10.19 to 1. With the 10% bonus (or 1.02 units), a $100 wager should return $1019 + $102 bonus. Am I right or does the bonus get completely vanished?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by n00dle1 View Post

I am not sure I understand. Do you mean the parlay bonus percentage goes down?

Let's say a 4-teamer pays 12.28 to 1. You buy a point on a couple of games to make them -133 each.

That would make your effective parlay payout 10.19 to 1. With the 10% bonus (or 1.02 units), a $100 wager should return $1019 + $102 bonus. Am I right or does the bonus get completely vanished?
    Form reading the parlay bonus rules there does not appear to be any restriction on buying points.

http://extra.bet365.com/promotions/e.../parlay-bonus/

This line comes closes to addressing it; "To give you even greater value there is no minimum qualifying price restriction so your selections are eligible for the bonus whatever the odds." and appears to be saying it is fine.

But the easiest way to be sure would be to place a small parlay with a points buy and see if it is paid the bonus.
    Points Awarded:

n00dle1 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

n00dle1

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Form reading the parlay bonus rules there does not appear to be any restriction on buying points.

http://extra.bet365.com/promotions/e.../parlay-bonus/

This line comes closes to addressing it; "To give you even greater value there is no minimum qualifying price restriction so your selections are eligible for the bonus whatever the odds." and appears to be saying it is fine.

But the easiest way to be sure would be to place a small parlay with a points buy and see if it is paid the bonus.
    Yes I know what it says. There are no restrictions on Alternate Spreads. But my question is, has anyone here ever placed, or places parlays with alternate point spreads? I would assume it would be pretty common as we regularly see parlay hedges and teasers and how the mass just wants to win, at any cost. So I would assume that someone with a 5-team parlay where the risk is $500 and the potential return is around $12K and a spread that looks like -14.5, the bettor would buy it down to -14 JUST IN CASE it lands on 14 and the rest of the games win.